PDA

View Full Version : Hakuna Makarla's great idea! Hotel Pics

Pages : [1] 2

Disney4Me
08-16-2005, 07:26 PM
I thought that posting hotel pictures is a great idea! :fez: I have been reading reviews and they are just nuts! One person says clean, the next says Ewwwwww yuck never again! I would love to see anyones pics that cares to post them. Even bathrooms are good to know about before you choose. No one wants a moldy icky one! I am sure this does not apply to the Higher end hotesl but maybe more so the moderate and budget ones.

:fez: Thanks so much in advance! If this is the wrong thread to post this in maybe someone can move it. I keep checking the Hotel Review section but did not find much. I promise when I return from Dis in Oct I will give you pictures/food report and a detailed description of the staff and room.

ima_mickeyfan
08-16-2005, 07:30 PM
I thought that posting hotel pictures is a great idea! :fez: I have been reading reviews and they are just nuts! One person says clean, the next says Ewwwwww yuck never again! I would love to see anyones pics that cares to post them. Even bathrooms are good to know about before you choose. No one wants a moldy icky one! I am sure this does not apply to the Higher end hotesl but maybe more so the moderate and budget ones.

:fez: Thanks so much in advance! If this is the wrong thread to post this in maybe someone can move it. I keep checking the Hotel Review section but did not find much. I promise when I return from Dis in Oct I will give you pictures/food report and a detailed description of the staff and room.
you are going to buy one busy girl just taking lots of notes on all you do!!!!

Hakuna Makarla
08-16-2005, 07:35 PM
You go girl!! I was always looking for pictures! I thought" why do these guys never post pics of there motel so we can see for our selves what things look like! I am so glad you are doing this and including them in your photo's!! I will do the same when I go in April and I hope others will follow as this will acually be so much better then just saying " goods " or bad" Your so cool to start this thread!! :) thank you :) :)

Disney4Me
08-16-2005, 08:17 PM
you are going to buy one busy girl just taking lots of notes on all you do!!!!

I am trying to figure a way to scoop a laptop from my friend to take with me. That way I can post it from there while my son is sleeping and I am enjoying a nightcap. :fez:

Disney4Me
08-16-2005, 08:21 PM
You go girl!! I was always looking for pictures! I thought" why do these guys never post pics of there motel so we can see for our selves what things look like! I am so glad you are doing this and including them in your photo's!! I will do the same when I go in April and I hope others will follow as this will acually be so much better then just saying " goods " or bad" Your so cool to start this thread!! :) thank you :) :)

I just got it from you :) I figure that I don't have much control over where I stay this time but next time will be a little more savy if I have the pictures to see. I have never seen bugs in a hotel but if the reviews are to be believed they are running rappant up Harbour Blvd. :eek: lol

disney jones
08-16-2005, 08:37 PM
My "hotel" room. :D click me (http://bricoot.smugmug.com/gallery/737308).

i actually took these back in February and only because Karla asked me too! Seriously. LOL! this is pretty much where we always stay when we go to Anaheim.

They are my view from my Doheny Beach campsite, about 30 miles south of Disneyland.

Price: $35/night :cool:
Bed: OK, it's my van and my two girls and I can sleep in there very comfortably. :)
Bathrooms and Showers: Kind of yucky compared to a Hotel room, but it's a campground so what do you expect? :| (But at least they have hot showers!)
View: Priceless. Imagine waking up to the Pacific Ocean in full view. :cool:
Other amenities: hearing the surf and waves hit the shore as you fall asleep. :cool:

Summary: 4 of 4 Stars for Price and View. Everything else? :|

Rteneyck
08-17-2005, 08:32 AM
I like to go on www.tripadvisor.com . They allow you to upload your own pictures of your room along with your reviews. This has really helped me out. I always take pictures of my hotel room/grounds for future reference.

Hakuna Makarla
08-17-2005, 08:55 AM
cool but if you could uploarding them for us to see here would be awsome to :)

hlbtimes2
08-17-2005, 09:56 AM
You can also go to www.dlresortinfo.com for pictures and other info on many of the hotels in the area. I love that site and recomend it almost daily!

ima_mickeyfan
08-17-2005, 10:43 AM
[QUOTE=hlbtimes2]You can also go to www.dlresortinfo.com for pictures and other info on many of the hotels in the area. I love that site and recomend it almost daily![/QUOT

it's just not the same as getting a "friends" point of view on how things truely are...IMO

BigAlH
08-17-2005, 11:22 AM
I'll follow Disney Jones' lead... here's our "hotel room" (http://bigalh.myphotoalbum.com/view_photo.php?set_albumName=album01&id=D1_HPIM0762). :fez:

About 5 miles away...

Hakuna Makarla
08-17-2005, 11:25 AM
I'll follow Disney Jones' lead... here's our "hotel room" (http://bigalh.myphotoalbum.com/view_photo.php?set_albumName=album01&id=D1_HPIM0762). :fez:

About 5 miles away...both you and disney jones has it grand! view, fresh air and great locations :)

ima_mickeyfan.. I went to look up the last motel I stayed at, and the pictures were not the same asmy room. the bedding was all different already. so its nice to acually see often what rooms do look like, they change from time to time. :)

hlbtimes2
08-17-2005, 11:40 AM
[QUOTE=hlbtimes2]You can also go to www.dlresortinfo.com for pictures and other info on many of the hotels in the area. I love that site and recomend it almost daily![/QUOT

it's just not the same as getting a "friends" point of view on how things truely are...IMO

While I know what you mean, in this instance its different. The site I linked to is owned and operated by an individual, its not a travel site or company. The photos are not stock photos supplied by the hotel. They are pictures taken and posted by someone that just wants to provide you with great information.

Disney4Me
08-17-2005, 11:41 AM
My "hotel" room. :D click me (http://bricoot.smugmug.com/gallery/737308).

i actually took these back in February and only because Karla asked me too! Seriously. LOL! this is pretty much where we always stay when we go to Anaheim.

They are my view from my Doheny Beach campsite, about 30 miles south of Disneyland.

Price: $35/night :cool:
Bed: OK, it's my van and my two girls and I can sleep in there very comfortably. :)
Bathrooms and Showers: Kind of yucky compared to a Hotel room, but it's a campground so what do you expect? :| (But at least they have hot showers!)
View: Priceless. Imagine waking up to the Pacific Ocean in full view. :cool:
Other amenities: hearing the surf and waves hit the shore as you fall asleep. :cool:

Summary: 4 of 4 Stars for Price and View. Everything else? :|

Both campsites are great. I wish we could camp. As for Trip Advisor and expedia...I agree that unless a tourist posts pictures, they are outdated. Some of the comments on the rooms are crazy too. I am sure there are accurated reviews but how would you know. I am more apt to believe what I see and read here more. :) I have not checked the other site that was mentioned yet.

Disney4Me
08-18-2005, 01:47 PM
Hakuna Makarla, If we head over to the new Countdown thread we can see when people are going and beg for new pictures. hee hee

Hakuna Makarla
08-18-2005, 01:57 PM
Hakuna Makarla, If we head over to the new Countdown thread we can see when people are going and beg for new pictures. hee hee

you are so funny, and OH my goodness I loved your pictures so adorable!!

Mark Mywords
08-18-2005, 03:33 PM
It would be great if MP could actually host an area (perhaps in the review section) where (small) pictures could be uploaded of DLR area hotel rooms.

Disney4Me
08-18-2005, 03:58 PM
Hakuna Makarla Thanks, he is growing too fast...just turned 8. These were his first trip in 2000. I want to fix my scanner but haven't had a chance yet. Who is Mary Jo on the Dis board. I am sure I have seen that picture here on this board at the end of a post. Anyways she had a post with some good pics but the link was broken.
Bigugly that's a good idea.

hdlzx2
08-19-2005, 08:50 AM

About 5 miles away...

I just looked thru your pictures...I have a Tommy and an Amy, too! (although my Tommy is now 18 and we call him Tom...)

Maus
08-20-2005, 09:03 PM
Okay, here are some I took last month. If I'd known you were all that interested I'd have taken lots more!

Grand Californian Room 5412 Slideshow (http://photos.yahoo.com/ph/mauskateer/slideshow?.dir=%2F6f46&.src=ph)

As you can see my "theme park view" left something to be desired.

Hakuna Makarla
08-20-2005, 09:05 PM
Okay, here are some I took last month. If I'd known you were all that interested I'd have taken lots more!

Grand Californian Room 5412 Slideshow (http://photos.yahoo.com/ph/mauskateer/slideshow?.dir=%2F6f46&.src=ph)

WOW thank you so much!!! I love seeing the rooms and such. great pics Maus!!

Disney4Me
08-21-2005, 12:54 AM

Thanks for sharing! Enjoyed them.

Whittibo
08-21-2005, 05:59 AM
My family stayed at the DL hotel 2 years ago. It was the WORST hotel experience I have ever had. I expected SO much more. Our room was filthy! There was hair on the bathroom floor, behind the door, it was there when we got there. It kept accumulating every day we were there.

One day, we had a roll of toilet paper that was OUT, and it didn't even get changed. We had to CALL FOR MORE! When you're staying in a high-end place like that, I expected the best.

We came back to the hotel one evening, AFTER the room was cleaned, and look what our table looked like.
Picture of table (http://www.chubbuddies.com/dlhotel.jpg)

The sink area wasn't wiped down the whole time. We even moved our belongings out of the way, thinking that they wouldn't clean with our stuff on the counter.

Last year, we stayed at the Residence Inn in Garden Grove, I think it was like $149 per night, but if you stay 4 nights the 5th one was free.. I LOVED this hotel.

http://www.chubbuddies.com/residence1.jpg

http://www.chubbuddies.com/residence2.jpg

The first shot is looking toward the front door/kitchen, off to your right is the kids 'room' (it does not have a door on the room. They have bunk-beds and their own bathroom and TV with VCR. Off to the left is the 'master bedroom' with a king bed and it's own bathroom/dressing area.

Although in the pictures, it doesn't look as big as it is, this hotel was HUGE (for a hotel room). It felt like an apartment more then a room. It was perfectly clean every day, and the hotel staff jumped at any request. They also serve a hot buffet breakfast in the lobby every day. Fresh fruit, eggs, ham or bacon, potatoes, cereal, coffee, juice, soda, make your own waffles. It's a GREAT breakfast, and considering that for the same price as the DL hotels, you don't even GET breakfast, I think this is an AWESOME place to stay! Well worth the money.

This year we will go for 10 nights, it is $149 per night (special rate given to me by the booking manager), with tax and the .25c nightly sur-charge, our room will cost $1686.20. And considering we have AP's so we don't have to buy tickets. That's pretty affordable.

I also save up my rewards points on my credit cards and get gift cards for restaurants so we get some really nice dinners for free basically. This year I got $100 to Red Lobster and/or Olive Garden, $50 to Applebee's, $50 to Chili's and a $25 Starbucks card. WHICH, there's a Starbucks in the Hyatt hotel, just behind the Residence Inn, (you have to catch the shuttle at the Hyatt)

Hope this wasn't TMI? :(

Disney4Me
08-21-2005, 06:44 AM
Hope this wasn't TMI? :(

:) No, that was great and pictures!

Hakuna Makarla
08-21-2005, 06:46 AM
Thank you so much whittibo!!! its really nice for people to see and know about these rooms.