PDA

View Full Version : Darkbeer: Ariel's Grotto

Pages : [1] 2

Camthalio
08-16-2005, 12:24 PM
The Change Over is scheduled for Tuesday (August 16th), one of the reasons Ariel is coming back is to not require them to change the decor, so that won't happen...

Not sure about the rest of the questions, but I am planning to be there on the 16th to find out the exact info.... And of course, take photos of the Walking Ariel...:fez: Plus the other Princesses.....:cool:

Hi,

canīt wait for informations on the princesses lunch at Arielīs Grotto. Hope you went there and you are going to post some informations and pictures soon. Want to make a reservation there if itīs worth it! Thank you!

Camthalio

Disneyfun
08-16-2005, 12:49 PM
Hi,

canīt wait for informations on the princesses lunch at Arielīs Grotto. Hope you went there and you are going to post some informations and pictures soon. Want to make a reservation there if itīs worth it! Thank you!

Camthalio
I saw the name of the topic and I thought DarkBeer had already posted about it!
Oh well still waiting to hear and looking forward to a week from Friday!

Camthalio
08-16-2005, 12:53 PM
I saw the name of the topic and I thought DarkBeer had already posted about it!
Oh well still waiting to hear and looking forward to a week from Friday!

Sorry! Itīs just that Iīm excited to know if itīs worth to make a reservation! :) Would like to go there during may stay in Disneyland in September!

Disneyfun
08-16-2005, 03:42 PM
Sorry! Itīs just that Iīm excited to know if itīs worth to make a reservation! :) Would like to go there during may stay in Disneyland in September!
Well If no one gives a report before Aug27th I will give one for you! :D

Darkbeer
08-16-2005, 04:37 PM
Here are the photos...

http://darkbeer.smugmug.com/gallery/736637

A few comments, first off there is now only ONE Menu, good all day (Lunch and Dinner... same price).

They seat in a cycle, basically trying to rotate the restaurant every 45 minutes to an hour.... Once all the groups are seated, they send the servers out to serve (about 6 tables per server), and after that, they start the Princesses rotating the tables, they were using one page, and a entertainment CM to prepare the tables to get ready to get autographs, etc... as the goal for the Princesses is 40 seconds per table! Now with 6 princesses, that is 4 minutes each (not bad), but it does seem a bit rushed....

The menu is about the same, and the one price does included dessert.. not a bad deal, especially compared to Goofy's Kitchen....

I would go and enjoy as a special treat.....

Disneyfun
08-16-2005, 05:28 PM
Thanks Darkbeer. Knew I could count on you! PIctures look great!
Answered All my questions. Bar menu looks good toooo. I do not remember the mixed drinks.
Oh The only question is did htey get rid of the daily specails or do they still have them?
I may have a problem with my mom I did not see anything on this limited menu she could eat. :(
Still looking forward to our trip!
I think it will be a great bday lunch for the little one!
Even with out Jasmine.

disney jones
08-16-2005, 05:28 PM
my two cents:

i'd go ahead and make reservations now - you can always cancel if reviews are bad (not likely to be), and if the reviews are positive, they may fill up quickly for September.

hlbtimes2
08-16-2005, 05:30 PM
40 seconds per table? That doesnt really seem worth it. Thats a very quick visit! What if you have a lot of kids at your table? That wouldnt give them time to sign multiple autographs and take pictures.

Disneyfun
08-16-2005, 05:41 PM
40 seconds per table? That doesnt really seem worth it. Thats a very quick visit! What if you have a lot of kids at your table? That wouldnt give them time to sign multiple autographs and take pictures.
40 seconds does not sound long untill you have been through an earth quake that long. Then it seems like a life time!
:p

disney jones
08-16-2005, 05:55 PM
Great photos - thanks Darkbeer!!

Ariel looks great!!

However, i didn't see anything else very special about the lunch - no Princes and no other secondary characters such as fairies, mice, other unique characters - just the other Princesses in outfits they're seen throughout the parks in. So now i'm having second thoughts about our reservation - is it worth it just to see Ariel in that new gown if that's all that is unique about this new lunch?

And darkbeer, are you planning to give us a pictorial update fromthe new Plaza Inn format in the next 10 days?

Camthalio
08-16-2005, 05:58 PM
Thank you Darkbeer. I like the pictures very much! Going to make a reservation soon! :)

pirateabbie
08-16-2005, 06:39 PM
Thank you so much for taking the time to take and post those pictures. I have been very curious to see what this all would be like. I can't wait to go!

Doug
08-16-2005, 06:40 PM
Ok, I just have to put my 2Ē's in.... I bet the taste/quality of the food has not changed, and at $14 for a burger you would think it would be insanely good... but it's not.... I guess this is a place just for kids... Oh, and you can not share a meal!

stitchlvr
08-16-2005, 06:50 PM
Ok, I just have to put my 2Ē's in.... I bet the taste/quality of the food has not changed, and at $14 for a burger you would think it would be insanely good... but it's not.... I guess this is a place just for kids... Oh, and you can not share a meal!

The food I've had there has always been great. However, I've never ordered the burger. Everything I've tried there I've liked and the price was reasonable especially compared to other options.

Maus
08-16-2005, 07:00 PM
We've always enjoyed the food very much. The servers and the character interaction has always been great. But the princesses? Not our cup of tea. :(

vicbella2
08-16-2005, 07:04 PM
So is it is $27.25 or $35.90 like the other character meals? Looking at the menu ($20.99), does that mean it is the $27.25 (after tax & tip). Let me see if I understand this, this price is regardless of whether it is lunch or dinner and includes dessert? If this is the case, I guess we'll book for dinner instaed of lunch. Can someone clarify this for me?

wwithers
08-16-2005, 07:16 PM
Great pictures Darkbeer. Thanks for the info. :)

ChipmunkStar
08-16-2005, 11:56 PM
For anyone who remembers Plaza Inn... well, I hope that might lend a clue as to the timing per table.. If the princesses don't visit a table, the restaurant will simply turn into another Plaza Inn fiasco.

HiHoSilver
08-17-2005, 08:46 AM
Great stuff, Darkbeer ... you're a rock star!

stacyjr1015
08-17-2005, 01:11 PM
Can you go to the bar without going to the Princess lunch/dinner? I would like to just stop in during the day and have a drink.
Thanks

hlbtimes2
08-17-2005, 01:15 PM
40 seconds does not sound long untill you have been through an earth quake that long. Then it seems like a life time!
:p

Are you implying that meeting the princesses will be an earthshaking experience? LOL

My2kidsrule
08-17-2005, 03:01 PM
40 seconds is an eternity for a 3-year-old girl to stare at Cinderella. It's enough time for a photo, a quip and a bye bye.

hlbtimes2
08-17-2005, 05:14 PM
40 seconds is an eternity for a 3-year-old girl to stare at Cinderella. It's enough time for a photo, a quip and a bye bye.

I guess I was just comparing it to our Pooh and friends breakfast. Tigger spent about 10 minutes trying to get my little guy to warm up to him. Then, he spent a few minutes rolling around on the floor with our daughter. We also had a nice visit from Pooh, Piglet and Eeyore.

Darkbeer
08-17-2005, 05:19 PM
Can you go to the bar without going to the Princess lunch/dinner? I would like to just stop in during the day and have a drink.
Thanks

Yes, if you see a line at Ariel's Grotto, just go up to the "Host" station and let them know you want to go to the bar... it is located on the same level... (The restaurant is located one floor below..)

At the Bar you can just drink, or order the appetizers shown on the menu at the photo link. All ages are welcome (You must be 21 or older to drink the Alcoholic beverages).

Currently the bar is open 7 days a week, starting at Noon.

After Labor Day, it will go to three day a week operation (Friday thru Sunday) for the off-season.

Maus
08-17-2005, 06:57 PM
Can you only order appetizers at the bar? Not the full menu? I really don't like the princesses but I'll miss the salmon blt.