PDA

View Full Version : opera house exhibits

potzbie
08-16-2005, 10:25 AM
Please post if you see a new exhibit in the Opera House.

I saw the Space Mtn model last week, and I am certain that the other glass-partitions had exhibits that were different from the last time I visited.
Surely, DL must be rotating the features, since there must be a Smithsonian-sized warehouse of Disneyana awaiting display.

Is there an official word on the rotation?
(The Steve Martin film has not changed, of course. The 1955 big model of the park isn't going anywhere, surely.)

Alex S.
08-16-2005, 10:38 AM
Other than the Space Mountain model I didn't notice anything else different on 7/17 than on 5/5. But I'm not the most observant about such things.

Andrew
08-16-2005, 11:03 AM
Isn't the Space Mountain model the same one that was in the Tomorrowland '97 exhibit in the Gallery?

cstephens
08-16-2005, 11:10 AM
Isn't the Space Mountain model the same one that was in the Tomorrowland '97 exhibit in the Gallery?

Yep.

cosmicjive
08-16-2005, 12:09 PM
The only change I've seen in the Opera House exhibit since it opened is the addition of the Space Mountain model (which I was very excited about). I've been in there at least once a week since early July. I love the exhibit, and I would be very happy to see more additions made to it, but so far, only the one.

-Jeff "etumor"

potzbie
08-18-2005, 09:05 AM
There is a mistake in one of the displays.
The display board for the Jungle Cruise includes a metal plate that includes text akin to, "... as illustrated here."
The illustration alluded to was the Jungle Cruise's "lost safari" that is treed, thanks to the horn of a rhinoceros, with laughing jackals.

But the text refers to an illustration that is NOT on display!

Since the metal plate refers to a missing illustration, I was thinking that someone is placing "quality" on a low priority for the displays.

Granted, the metal plate is impressive.
But the error in the text of the metal plate makes me suspicious.