PDA

View Full Version : Practically Perfect Tea With Mary Poppins Closes Shop!

FOOD_AND_DRUG
02-18-2002, 02:56 PM
Just called to book Practically Perfect Tea for April and forgot that you can only book a reservation 30 days in advance.

However, the reservationist politely informed me if I plan on visiting Mary Poppins, I will need to do so during March, as March 31st will be the last day the Tea with Mary Poppins will be open.

She said it had something to do with Disney "losing" the rights to Mary Poppins after March 31, and Disney decided to shut down the restaurant instead.

If you call for a schedule, it's only open 3 days a week, but that's probably due to the off-season period.

It could be that Downtown Disney is having a profound impact by reducing business at the hotel restaurants.

The Practically Perfect Tea was a cute place to take your daughters...the staff always did a very nice job and made the girls feel very welcome.

I haven't heard anything on MousePlanet.com or anywhere else that Disney has "lost" the rights to Mary Poppins, if so, wouldn't that be a big deal to Disney?

MouseWife
02-21-2002, 07:14 AM
Thanks for the information.

I had recommended this to someone for their daughter and I am glad to give her the information. Her birthday is in September and I don't think that will work.

Thanks!

MammaSilva
02-21-2002, 07:22 AM
Major saddness :( I don't know about Disney losing the rights to Mary Poppins but I know the tea was a wonderful "mommy and me" thing that I have done with my daughter and niece in previous visits and had planned to do with my best friend and her youngest when we went in June :(