PDA

View Full Version : Old Disneyland Rides At WDW?

Doug
08-15-2005, 09:14 PM
I just found out that 20,000 Leagues and Carousel of Progress are at WDW! What the?! What else is at WDW that we use to have here?

Mark Goldhaber
08-15-2005, 09:17 PM
The 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea ride that used to be at WDW (it closed 10 years ago, and they filled the lagoon in) had nothing to do with the old 20,000 Leagues display at Disneyland, other than the fact that the subs were a similar design. Otherwise, there were no attractions moved from DL to WDW. (Unless you count the DL version of the MSEP.)

However, many attractions were cloned from DLR to WDW.

screamin4ever
08-15-2005, 09:28 PM
The 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea ride that used to be at WDW (it closed 10 years ago, and they filled the lagoon in) had nothing to do with the old 20,000 Leagues display at Disneyland, other than the fact that the subs were a similar design. Otherwise, there were no attractions moved from DL to WDW. (Unless you count the DL version of the MSEP.)

However, many attractions were cloned from DLR to WDW.

I thought the COP was moved to Florida so that America Sings could be installed in Anaheim?

Alex S.
08-15-2005, 09:30 PM
Yeah, Carousel of Progress was moved.

Otherwise, Magic Kingdom is full of rides that are copies of rides that were originally at Disneyland (many of which still are).

JeffG
08-15-2005, 09:30 PM
Otherwise, there were no attractions moved from DL to WDW. (Unless you count the DL version of the MSEP.)

Actually, Carousel of Progress really was moved from Disneyland to Walt Disney World, although it has since been refurbished significantly and probably doesn't have too many components from the original Disneyland (and NY Worlds Fair) attraction.

Off hand, I think that CoP and the Mickey Mouse Revue (which was moved from WDW to Tokyo) are the only Disney theme park attractions that have actually been physically moved (as opposed to being copied) from one park to another, unless you count the ones that were moved from the NY Worlds Fair to Disneyland.

-Jeff

Mark Goldhaber
08-15-2005, 09:32 PM
Whoops. I meant to say "aside from CoP, which you've already listed." That's what I get for posting after 1 a.m. :rolleyes:

samdisneylandca
08-15-2005, 10:25 PM
the model of epcot was moved with cop. as for copys wdw are little differnt from dl pirites has one dip and the tresure is in a valt not a cave. the story is told in diffrent way at wdw than at dl but it is the same themeing.