PDA

View Full Version : Nothing to do!

Ghoulish Delight
02-18-2002, 02:41 PM
We went to the park on Friday evening. If I had paid $43 to get in (heck, if I had paid $20 to get in) I would have been really upset. To start, we all know that the refurb list is currently extensive. As of Friday: Splash Mountain, King Arthur Carrousel, Pinocchio's Daring Journey, Sleeping Beauty Castle, Snow White's Scary Adventures, Mark Twain Riverboat.

So we tried to look from something else to do. We headed to Toon Town. Roger Rabbit was down. We headed over to Fronteirland. Big Thunder was down. We walked a few paces towards NOS. Pirates was down!! I mean geez, combine all those with the refurbs and there was almost nothing going!

I swear it's a ploy to get people to spend time in DCA. At the very least, I bet that's why they felt justified in refurbing this many attractions at once. "Hey, they can always go across the way if they're bored."

theg0ldensnitch
02-18-2002, 06:39 PM
I was there on friday as well. Pirates was down for only 15 minutes, big thunder was down for about half an hour and the usual refubrs. everything else was open. You must of had just bad timming on all those rides.

disneynut
02-18-2002, 08:29 PM
Originally posted by Ghoulish Delight

I swear it's a ploy to get people to spend time in DCA. At the very least, I bet that's why they felt justified in refurbing this many attractions at once. "Hey, they can always go across the way if they're bored."

You would think that with the huge refurb projects going on, they'd keep everything else working. I know that unexpected things come up but it's still hard when you go expecting to ride rides. We were there one night last summer and there power went out. It took forever for the generators to come on and there was NOTHING to do.

So, did the ploy work?? :D

Cadaverous Pallor
02-20-2002, 09:49 AM
Originally posted by disneynut
So, did the ploy work?? :D
NO, because it was already past 8pm and DCA was closed!!!!:mad: :mad:

We just went home, which was a bummer. I swear, the closing early thing is aggravating. We wanted to go have dinner at the park for our dating anniversary but it was a Monday and the parks close too early to make the trip worthwhile. I'm sad that our weekday getaways are pretty much over with until they reinstate the old hours.

Did you hear that, Disney? I said, WE SPENT MONEY ELSEWHERE BECAUSE YOU CLOSED EARLY!!!! Grrrrrrr :mad: :(

DisneyDody
02-20-2002, 10:24 AM
Originally posted by Ghoulish Delight

Problem is that people there on a one day pass can't park hop. I'd be royally ticked off if I had been there. I don't have an AP as I only go about once a yr. and I pay the full $43. to spend my day at DL- I have NO desire whatsoever to spend time at DCA. I know it's off season but they should really get their act together. :mad:

disneynut
02-20-2002, 12:35 PM
Originally posted by Cadaverous Pallor

NO, because it was already past 8pm and DCA was closed!!!!:mad: :mad:

I am cracking up CP! Not because you guys didn't get to do DCA but because almost the same thing happened to my husband and I a couple of weeks ago. We try to make it down to dl every other month or so and we try to have a date night to dl (aka the kids stay with grandma) once every six months or so. So we get there, grab fast passes for Indy (since it's the only ride at dl my son is too short for) and have a nice dinner at Rancho. We ride Indy, then head over to DCA knowing that everyone would be leaving because the DEP had just ended and they'd be coming to dl for Believe. We get over to DCA only to find out they close at 8 (on a Sat.!!!!). By now the line to dl is huge, so we had some ice cream and haagendaaz and came home. So much for riding the rides we can't ride with kids at DCA.....:rolleyes: