PDA

View Full Version : fun food

potzbie
08-14-2005, 04:10 PM
Sunday morning was good at DL.
Weather was overcast, so it was not hot, but perfect for lots of walking.

I won't tell you what rides I went on.
Let me tell you what I ate (and general location).

• popcorn (HM)
• berry sorbet (HM)
* churro & Coca-Cola (HM)
• Dole whip (Tiki Room)
• turkey leg (hub)

It dawned on me today that the food was even fun to eat.
So I thought I'd post to MousePlanet the cart food, instead of rides.

Previous postings on MousePlanet made me crave the turkey leg and Dole whip and churro, from the last few weeks.
The smell of fresh popcorn got to me, today, after the churro, even though I wasn't hungry.
I discovered the berry sorbet at the ice cream cart about six months ago, and now I prefer it over the ice cream bars, and I recommend it to MousePlanet readers as an excellent alternative to "the usual."

The price is: more exercise, and lots of salads for the rest of the week.

But it looked so good. And it tasted so good.

I usually do one sit-down meal.
But the carts looked so good today.

What was it, that Flip Wilson used to say?
"MousePlanet Made Me Do It!"

MrsG
08-14-2005, 05:21 PM
To continue with the "what I ate this Sunday at DL":

Breakfast at Club Buzz: Scrambled eggs, bacon, blueberry muffin, potatoes
Lunch: At Blue Bayou (no, NOT Monte Crisco): Roast Pork loin with cinnamon apples, BB pototoes, veggies. Hubby had the the prime rib. Both dishes were better than they usually are so all was good!

Took home: 2 pieces of fudge: tiger and chocolate mint; a chocolate dipped M&M covered pretzel stick, 2 boxes of popcorn.

kinglouie1967
08-14-2005, 06:11 PM
One day I managed to eat almost nothing but ice cream at the Magic Kingdom in WDW. The exception was breakfast...I had a chocolate chocolate-chip muffin with my coffee at the Main Street Bakery. Lunch was a Dole Whip. Afternoon snack was ice cream on Main Street. And dinner was Ghiradelli's in Downtown Disney. What a great day!

Gone2Disneyland
08-14-2005, 06:15 PM
To continue with the "what I ate this Sunday at DL":

Breakfast at Club Buzz: Scrambled eggs, bacon, blueberry muffin, potatoes

I had that for the first time on July 17. I was pleasantly surprised with them. I usually get my Mickey Mouse pancakes at the River Belle Terrace, asking for them as a substitution of the three pancakes that go with the Steamboat plate so I also get scrambled eggs, when I want breakfast at the park.

Coincidentally, I had a cheeseburger and fries from Club Buzz for dinner last night before watching The Fab Four. I usually prefer something from the Pizza Port or a corn dog from the Little Red Wagon, but I've been really enjoying the burgers from both Club Buzz and Country Bear Restaurant lately. That's worries me. :D

Disneynerd
08-14-2005, 06:43 PM
I had that for the first time on July 17. I was pleasantly surprised with them. I usually get my Mickey Mouse pancakes at the River Belle Terrace, asking for them as a substitution of the three pancakes that go with the Steamboat plate so I also get scrambled eggs, when I want breakfast at the park.

Coincidentally, I had a cheeseburger and fries from Club Buzz for dinner last night before watching The Fab Four. I usually prefer something from the Pizza Port or a corn dog from the Little Red Wagon, but I've been really enjoying the burgers from both Club Buzz and Country Bear Restaurant lately. That's worries me. :DOh, dear. The burgers at DL - do you really like them?? I find them gelatinous. Is it me?

MrsG
08-14-2005, 06:51 PM
I had that for the first time on July 17. I was pleasantly surprised with them.
Club Buzz breakfast has been my secret for a while. There is never a crowd (unlike River Belle!).

I've been really enjoying the burgers from both Club Buzz and Country Bear Restaurant lately. That's worries me. :D
When DL burgers are fresh, they are pretty good. Unfortunately, I have had a lot of un-fresh burgers.

Shortiemetoo
08-14-2005, 06:54 PM
Wow...you are all making me so hungry!!! I really want another chocolate, carmel covered green apple!!! Yumba!!!
And the turkey leg that tastes like ham, was so good too!!!!
But huge!!!! :D

TikiGeek
08-14-2005, 07:38 PM
• popcorn (HM)
• berry sorbet (HM)
* churro & Coca-Cola (HM)
• Dole whip (Tiki Room)
• turkey leg (hub)That about covers it! All you needed was a trip to the Bengal BBQ for Safari Skewer - bacon and asparagus!!!:D

Gone2Disneyland
08-14-2005, 07:51 PM
Oh, dear. The burgers at DL - do you really like them?? I find them gelatinous. Is it me?

Well, I don't find them "gelatinous," but it's a plain, ol' burger, nothing more than that. And that's why I'm a little worried about liking them so much. :eek: And like MrsG said, sometimes you might not get the freshest one at that moment to boot. But I do like 'em. Happy food, I guess when I'm in the mood for one.

At least the corn dogs are unique, which I also like, i.e. you can't get them just anywhere.

potzbie
08-14-2005, 08:01 PM
That about covers it! All you needed was a trip to the Bengal BBQ for Safari Skewer - bacon and asparagus!!!:D

Consider it covered.
I admit my previous trip I indeed had my first Main Street CORN DOG because the MousePlanet regulars said it was bigger than the ordinary (Weinerschnitzel?) corn dog. And indeed it was.

And I have not fogotten my master plan: To compare the Blue Bayou MONTE CRISTO vs. the Katella Deli MONTE CRISTO. Lack of time and money, this last trip.

What was that ice cream flavor that is no longer available? I remember thinking that I was lucky enough to have tasted it before it was taken off the menu.

The Beat Goes On. -- I mean, The Eat Goes On.
:cool:

Hakuna Makarla
08-14-2005, 08:07 PM
And I have not fogotten my master plan: To compare the Blue Bayou MONTE CRISTO vs. the Katella Deli MONTE CRISTO. Lack of time and money, this last trip.
What? there is another place to get the monte cristo?? please tell us more!!

mcow1
08-14-2005, 08:17 PM

The Katell Deli a few miles down Katella in Los Alamitos. I hear it's excellent. Also I hear the Monte Cristo at the Riviera At The Fireside in Westminster is excellent.

TikiGeek
08-14-2005, 08:17 PM
What was that ice cream flavor that is no longer available? Fantasia! - Oh how I miss it!!!

mcow1
08-14-2005, 08:20 PM
Fantasia! - Oh how I miss it!!!
Me too, everytime I'm at the park.

minniemom
08-14-2005, 08:26 PM
It dawned on me today that the food was even fun to eat.

I think the food is one of my favorite things about going to DL!!! Seriously, where our meal reservations are determines what park we end up in.

SCUBAbe
08-14-2005, 08:27 PM

they serve them in the cafeteria at my work. I have never had one though.

Gone2Disneyland
08-14-2005, 08:44 PM
Me too, everytime I'm at the park.

I had this only once, and I enjoyed it. I would've wanted to have it more often, but I just hate waiting in that long ice cream (and for that matter, next door, the coffee) line when it gets so long. I'm just a lazy, spoiled AP guy I guess who avoids the long lines. Unless my 7-year old goddaughter wants to ride Dumbo again, then off to that line with her I'll go. :)

CariBelle
08-14-2005, 08:51 PM
Let's see... This Saturday I had- Pasta ( I can't remember which one!) and a side salad from Pizza Port, Dole Whip, Veggie Gumbo in a bread bowl, peanut butter fudge dipped in chocolate, and a BIG chunk of divinity. On Sunday we didn't go into the park but had lunch at Rainforest where I had the lettuce wraps.

disney jones
08-14-2005, 10:04 PM
pretty much anything with Mickey Mouse where you start by biting his ears off :eek:

Mickey Mouse pancakes
Mickey Mouse cookies (especially with frosting)
Mickey Mouse Rice Krispy treats

:D

charpaul
08-14-2005, 10:23 PM
What was that ice cream flavor that is no longer available? I remember thinking that I was lucky enough to have tasted it before it was taken off the menu.

The Beat Goes On. -- I mean, The Eat Goes On.
:cool:

the discontinued flavor was FANTASIA!!!! - and it is greatly missed by me and my friends. :crying:

CrazyTrain
08-15-2005, 07:04 AM
Sunday was a day of celebrations so I had two big meals and no snacks at all. :crying:

08-15-2005, 07:13 AM
The Hunny Pot apple!