PDA

View Full Version : Recording audio in the parks

borcham
08-14-2005, 02:03 PM
<Crossposted in WDW>

As part of a research project I am intending to record live audio on attractions in the parks. What are the general rules guiding that which may and may not be 'taped'?

Thanks!

Toonfinder
08-14-2005, 03:59 PM
<Crossposted in WDW>

As part of a research project I am intending to record live audio on attractions in the parks. What are the general rules guiding that which may and may not be 'taped'?

Thanks!

Anything can be recorded as long as you are in a standard guest area of the park (meaning not back stage). The only thing you really can't do is conduct an interview.

Osky
08-14-2005, 10:43 PM
I'm pretty sure you are not allowed to videotape the following:

Star Tours while in the starspeeder
HISTA
ITTBAB
The Muppets
The video portion of ToT.
The 50th celebration video

Mark Mywords
08-14-2005, 11:04 PM
<Crossposted in WDW>

Thanks!

Cool! There's actually a whole subset of Disneyland Fans who collect/trade/record Disneyland related audio.

I think that recording is pretty much open to anything that doesn't have a posted restriction.

Can you devulge more details about the research project?

borcham
08-15-2005, 04:04 AM
Toonfinder! Just discovered your podcast a couple weeks ago. Good work. Listen in, folks, if you've not.

The 'project' is a book/website/podcast. Unfortunately, I can't give away the title until I've finished the trademarking the name.

The book is about what makes Disney fans tick; who are we, why do we enjoy Disney product and properties so much, and what does the company do right (and wrong) that elicits such passion.

JookyG
12-29-2005, 05:25 PM
There's a really great Disney audio podcast called Window to the Magic.com Podcast. The host takes a stereo mic into the park and records all kinds of things. Definitely my favorite Disneyland podcast. Check it out!

Description: Disney fan podcasts in FULL STEREO SOUND, brought to you by "the Disney Sounds Guy" Paul Barrie of WindowToTheMagic.com, is a weekly journey into the wonderful world of Disney Theme Parks, and the sounds which make those parks so fantastic. Containing everything from Disney created "source audio" to sounds recorded "live" at the Disney parks, this is just the fix every Disney fan needs when they can't get to the park.

http://www.windowtothemagic.com/