PDA

View Full Version : Fastest ride @ DL

Pages : [1] 2

stinkytinky14
08-14-2005, 10:40 AM
What is the official fastest ride in DL? Not to include DCA.

SCUBAbe
08-14-2005, 10:41 AM
space mountain feels the fastest, but going down the drop on splash is pretty fast also...:)

TowerofTerror
08-14-2005, 10:42 AM
Space Mountain it goes 30mph

SCUBAbe
08-14-2005, 10:45 AM
Space Mountain it goes 30mph

but I heard splash reaches 40 mph on the drop....

stinkytinky14
08-14-2005, 11:01 AM
OK it is not splash mountain or space mountain.

SCUBAbe
08-14-2005, 11:05 AM
well, if enough effort is put into it...it could me the teacups...:rolleyes:

pirateabbie
08-14-2005, 11:14 AM
I thought I read somewhere that the monorail actually went the fastest. Anyone know if this is true?

Doug
08-14-2005, 12:05 PM
Well, according to Coaster Central (http://coastercentral.com/speed.php) the fastest is SM @ 32mph, here is a list of all the faster Disney rides (various parks):

57 mph
Rock 'n' Roller Coaster (Disneyland Paris - MGM Studios, France)

Space Mountain - From the Earth to the Moon (Disneyland Paris, France)

36 mph
Big Thunder Mountain Railroad (Walt Disney World - Magic Kingdom, USA)

32 mph
Space Mountain (Disneyland, USA) *

28 mph
Big Thunder Mountain Railroad (Disneyland, USA)

27 mph
Space Mountain (Walt Disney World - Magic Kingdom, USA)

18 mph
Matterhorn Bobsleds (Disneyland, USA)

Unknown speed
Big Thunder Mountain (Disneyland Paris, France)
Indiana Jones and the Temple of Peril (Disneyland Paris, France)

TowerofTerror
08-14-2005, 12:36 PM
wow thanks for that .We now no what the fastet ride truely is at Disneyland

sdfilmcritic
08-14-2005, 12:39 PM
I know the monorail has the capabilities of being the fastest at DLR by going up to 100 MPH, but they use a speed limit to play things safe.

TowerofTerror
08-14-2005, 12:40 PM
Well sure it can but it isnt something they will do evey with guest on it.

sdfilmcritic
08-14-2005, 12:56 PM
The guests on the monorail is one of the main reasons why they place the speed limit on it.

HorizonsA
08-14-2005, 01:06 PM
I know the monorail has the capabilities of being the fastest at DLR by going up to 100 MPH, but they use a speed limit to play things safe.

You're actually right. Officially, The Disney Monorail is the fastest attraction at the Disneyland Resort.

Uncle Remus
08-14-2005, 02:59 PM
Well, according to Coaster Central (http://coastercentral.com/speed.php) the fastest is SM @ 32mph, here is a list of all the faster Disney rides (various parks):

57 mph
Rock 'n' Roller Coaster (Disneyland Paris - MGM Studios, France)

Space Mountain - From the Earth to the Moon (Disneyland Paris, France)

36 mph
Big Thunder Mountain Railroad (Walt Disney World - Magic Kingdom, USA)

32 mph
Space Mountain (Disneyland, USA) *

28 mph
Big Thunder Mountain Railroad (Disneyland, USA)

27 mph
Space Mountain (Walt Disney World - Magic Kingdom, USA)

18 mph
Matterhorn Bobsleds (Disneyland, USA)

Unknown speed
Big Thunder Mountain (Disneyland Paris, France)
Indiana Jones and the Temple of Peril (Disneyland Paris, France)

Those arent rides, those are all coasters. Space is the fastest coaster. Splash Mountain is the fastest ride. and the monorail is not the fastest but has the capability to do so.... that doesn't count in my opinion. I thought it only went like 25 mph or something.

SCUBAbe
08-14-2005, 03:03 PM
Those arent rides, those are all coasters. Space is the fastest coaster. Splash Mountain is the fastest ride. and the monorail is not the fastest but has the capability to do so.... that doesn't count in my opinion. I thought it only went like 25 mph or something.

I really don't think it could go full speed on the track it runs on. With all those turns in tomorrowland I think it needs to go slower. Also the way the track is they have to wait for on train to get to a certain point before the let the other train go. I think this makes for longer waits.

disneyland addict13
08-14-2005, 03:20 PM
I bought the book "Disneyland: Then, Now, and, Forever" during my last trip to the DLR and it specifically states that Splash Mountain (during the drop) is the fastest ride in Disneyland. Space Mountain is the second fastest.

SCUBAbe
08-14-2005, 03:20 PM
I bought the book "Disneyland: Then, Now, and, Forever" during my last trip to the DLR and it specifically states that Splash Mountain (during the drop) is the fastest ride in Disneyland. Space Mountain is the second fastest.

ok...thats where I read that...LOL...TY..:)

Opus1guy
08-14-2005, 03:21 PM
From the Monorail spiel:

We're now on route to Tomorrowland riding aboard a Mark V monorail, the newest generation of Disneyland monorails. These trains were designed for a top speed of seventy miles per hour, but as we approach the Magic Kingdom, our Disneyland Skyway Patrol sees to it we stay at a comfortable thirty-five miles per hour.

disneyland addict13
08-14-2005, 03:22 PM
ok...thats where I read that...LOL...TY..:)

no problem.

Doug
08-14-2005, 07:13 PM
Ok, then, how fast does Splash drop at?

Doug
08-14-2005, 07:15 PM
Wow... 35? Haha... it always sound funny when a ride is so much slower than we drive every day (say 70), and the ride seems faster, more exciting, yet it's 1/2 the speed.... then again, if I drive agressivly in my car, I feel like I am on a ride, that's one of the things I like about it ;) ... ahh sports cars, hehe

From the Monorail spiel:

minniemom
08-14-2005, 08:42 PM

If you want to get technical, they are all attractions!!!

Disnerd
08-14-2005, 09:40 PM
The fastest ride in the park are the trains. They could go 80 MPH.

disneyland addict13
08-14-2005, 10:01 PM
Ok, then, how fast does Splash drop at?

I believe that it said that it was somewhere in the vicinity of 40 mph (don't have the book with me at the moment).

HorizonsA
08-14-2005, 10:32 PM
If you want to get technical, they are all attractions!!!

I was going to say the very same thing! :D