PDA

View Full Version : Question about ride closures at Disneyland. Can you help?

hippiemama
08-13-2005, 05:36 PM
I haven't been in almost 9 years! We took my daughter when she was 7. Since then I married my new dh, and had two more kiddos and we're finally ready to go back. My problem is theres an internet rumor that pirates of hte carribean will be closed in October. Does anyone know if this is true? If it is, we'll wait til it reopens or go before it closes but no one seems to have any information. We called the park and they said they had no information (that was end of July) - when do they post these t hings???

help - I wanna go SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOON

thanks.
barb
supersilks@cox.net

coronado_g
08-13-2005, 05:49 PM
Pirates is supposed to close for refurbishment after the beginning of next year - possibly February and reopen in June 2006.

AB29
08-13-2005, 08:30 PM
Pirates is supposed to close for refurbishment after the beginning of next year - possibly February and reopen in June 2006.
PIrates is NOT on the refurb list for the fall that we were e mailed on Friday...Enjoy..!!!

cosmicjive
08-13-2005, 09:11 PM
Pirates was originally scheduled for a fall refurb, but the current rumor is that they have decided on a longer, more extensive refurb, and that it will begin early next year, so it should still be open for the rest of this year.

Nothing has been officially announced.

-Jeff "etumor"

Wounded Bear
08-13-2005, 09:18 PM
Pirates was originally scheduled for a fall refurb, but the current rumor is that they have decided on a longer, more extensive refurb, and that it will begin early next year, so it should still be open for the rest of this year.

Nothing has been officially announced.

-Jeff "etumor"
Ive heard that they are planning to incorporate some of the props and characters from the hit movie (a.k.a. Black Pearl) and tie in the attraction with the film a little more.

Susan L
08-14-2005, 09:45 AM

Well that sucks, if it is ture :(

minniemom
08-14-2005, 09:59 AM
Ive heard that they are planning to incorporate some of the props and characters from the hit movie (a.k.a. Black Pearl) and tie in the attraction with the film a little more.

I am not sure how I feel about that. I absolutely loved the movie, but it might be weird to have a wax figure of Johnny Depp on the ride. :p

Hakuna Makarla
08-14-2005, 10:07 AM
ok, so niow I am going to miss pirates, any other ride that will be donw in March/April 2006? and how do I find out is there a site that tells you?

hippiemama
08-14-2005, 05:15 PM
well, sorry for those of you going after the new year, but now i'm excited!!

I'm going to book for the first week in November !!yay!!!

The Genii
08-14-2005, 05:17 PM
For all you Pirates fans, I'd go take a REALLY long loving look at Pirates before it goes down for rehab. It's not going to be the same when it comes back up. However, that said, if you think they did a GREAT job plussing The Jungle Cruise (and just about everyone seems to think so), then you're going to love what they're going to do with Pirates.

hippiemama
08-14-2005, 05:18 PM
ok, now I"m really glad we're going before the refurbish. We can always see it again once its done, but we LOVED it last time.

Wendi
08-14-2005, 05:23 PM
For all you Pirates fans, I'd go take a REALLY long loving look at Pirates before it goes down for rehab. It's not going to be the same when it comes back up. However, that said, if you think they did a GREAT job plussing The Jungle Cruise (and just about everyone seems to think so), then you're going to love what they're going to do with Pirates.

hmmm... so I should video tape it then, eh?

kinglouie1967
08-14-2005, 05:42 PM

Hey Genii, I'm only familiar with the Jungle Cruise at Disney World. What improvements did they make to the one at Disneyland? And, I'll bite, what tidbits can you pass along regarding PotC? Or are you just being a little tease? ;)