PDA

View Full Version : What is going on in Sept?

Alpha1mom
08-12-2005, 01:32 PM
Hi, what is going on in Sept?
We're trying to find 3 nights, Sept 16th, 17th & 18th I've looked at the convention center schedule and there's nothing special going, what's up?

Will the parks be more crowded than ever??

Disneyfun
08-12-2005, 01:45 PM
I would like to know the same thing!

RocketRob
08-12-2005, 04:49 PM
I spoken to a lot of people who refused to go during summer months and are purposely waiting until after Labor Day to visit.

I think we will not see a typical off-season this year.

shawnarae
08-12-2005, 04:49 PM
Could it be that the rooms were bought up by Travel Companies selling them as packages? I am trying ot get a room on Sept 17th for 1 night and all 3 Disney Hotels are BOOKED solid. But early July (first week) I called and was quoted $243 for that same night (Sept 17) at Disneyland Hotel Pool View. I should have secured it with my CC and just decided later if I was going to use it!!

ima_mickeyfan
08-12-2005, 05:28 PM
I do know that there is some sort of California's Trucker convention going on, and it's being held at the GCH. there are a few other conventions in town one of them is something like women and their religion.

AZDisneyDan
08-13-2005, 12:29 AM
I was wondering this same thing for October as a friend of mine wast trying to book for the middle of the month and all 3 hotesl were already booked, and that was 3 weeks ago....granted it's for a weekend, but we know that's not convention related as most conventions are during the week!!

adriennek
08-13-2005, 08:14 AM
I keep hearing about everything being booked and it got me really worried because I hadn't made some arrangements I needed in October.

I called my AAA Travel Agent and she got me a room with all of my requirements for $60 a night on Harbor. In fact, it was such a good deal that she cancelled HER previous booking for herself and booked it for herself.

So bookings are out there, you just have to keep looking. Or try calling travel agencies. I am very pleased with my rate and I find I usually get great service when I've booked through my agent! I'm convinced it's because they know if I'm unhappy, she'll hear about it! And yes, when I've been happy, she has purposely sent her other clients back to hotels that she's booked for me. When she and I were unhappy not only did she stop using that hotel but the problem went so far up the chain that no one in her region uses that hotel anymore.

Adrienne

Walt'sbirthdaygirl
08-13-2005, 08:18 AM
The Women in Faith Conference is in September and there are thousands attending, so that might be why the lack of rooms.

nickbrown2k2
08-13-2005, 09:23 AM
I'll probably be going in September, it's my birthday month!

newportbeachbumz
08-13-2005, 11:39 AM
Hi, what is going on in Sept?
We're trying to find 3 nights, Sept 16th, 17th & 18th I've looked at the convention center schedule and there's nothing special going, what's up?

Will the parks be more crowded than ever??

I'm not sure if this has something to do with it, I read this post last week:

"sep. 16 is the unofficial straight edge day at disneyland, come out and show support.

if you dont know what sXe is about its basically kids, and adults, that choose to live a life away from drugs and drinking, and premiscuous (sp?) sex. its a personal beleif that we choose to live and cling to with everything we have...its basically a lifestyle with strong convictions, very high morality and integrity. and i found out last night that alot of my friends across the US decided to make it unofficial sXe day at disneyland so everyone that is straight edge, or wants to support should come out and have some good clean fun! "

The Mouse Is Back
08-13-2005, 04:21 PM
I've noticed that many times when people post that "everything" is booked in a certain month, they're only referring to the on-property hotels. And then everyone freaks out thinking that "everything" means.......well......."everything".

You CAN go to Disneyland without staying on property, y'know. ;)

-Allegra-

Mark Mywords
08-14-2005, 12:01 PM
I'm not sure if this has something to do with it, I read this post last week:

"sep. 16 is the unofficial straight edge day at disneyland, come out and show support.

Doubt it, even back in it's heyday, the straight-edge movement wasn't very large.

Rteneyck
08-14-2005, 04:04 PM
I wish I knew what was going on also. We have always gone in Sept. and it has never been this busy. Hopefully everyone will be at their conventions and not at Disneyland.

hlbtimes2
08-14-2005, 04:39 PM
I have this odd feeling that there is nothing really big going on in Sept, Oct and Nov. Something just tells me that it goes along with how far behind they were in releasing entertainment schedules and the rates for after the first the year. I suspect that there is a number of rooms being held for group reservations that will be released soon. This is just a guess, and I have no inside info to back me up.

But, I know that when you go to the group info site it lists prices for every week for the next few months. Nothing is marked as sold out. Orbitz suddenly had rooms for this coming week available. I think rooms will probably continue to come available in the coming weeks.

tinafromidaho
08-14-2005, 07:47 PM
Just out of curiosity I checked the DLR hotels and according to the disneyland site, they are all booked for the month of October but it looks like there are rooms at tons of the off property hotels.

minniemom
08-14-2005, 08:33 PM
I have this odd feeling that there is nothing really big going on in Sept, Oct and Nov. Something just tells me that it goes along with how far behind they were in releasing entertainment schedules and the rates for after the first the year. I suspect that there is a number of rooms being held for group reservations that will be released soon. This is just a guess, and I have no inside info to back me up.

But, I know that when you go to the group info site it lists prices for every week for the next few months. Nothing is marked as sold out. Orbitz suddenly had rooms for this coming week available. I think rooms will probably continue to come available in the coming weeks.

How silly is that? I would think they would want the money up front, or the money "for sure." Look at how many of us would snatch up a room in a heart beat!!

adriennek
08-14-2005, 09:24 PM
Look at how many of us would snatch up a room in a heart beat!!

Exactly ;) They may not be worried about having extra rooms because they think that once they're opened, they'll sell.

Adrienne

hlbtimes2
08-15-2005, 05:40 AM
How silly is that? I would think they would want the money up front, or the money "for sure." Look at how many of us would snatch up a room in a heart beat!!

Creates panic, excitment and interest. Look at the recent buzz on the boards about what is going on in the next few months. There have been many threads regarding the resort hotels being sold out, and almost a sense of panic about booking trips. People that were on the fence about booking are now booking as soon as they see something open, rather then holding off. They are (or could be) creating supply and demand.

PumbaaMan
08-15-2005, 07:02 AM
There is an SCRC (Southern California Renewal Communities) Convention on Labor Day weekend at the convention center. This is a Catholic organization and they have a large religious convention every year on Labor Day weekend. This is may be, at least in part, why a number of the hotels in the area are booked solid.

hlbtimes2
08-15-2005, 08:50 AM
There is an SCRC (Southern California Renewal Communities) Convention on Labor Day weekend at the convention center. This is a Catholic organization and they have a large religious convention every year on Labor Day weekend. This is may be, at least in part, why a number of the hotels in the area are booked solid.

But I really doubt that would carry over into the later part of the month, as well as Oct, and Nov. The resort hotels are pretty much showing sold out for those 3 months. There might be something here and there, but its getting hard to find rooms (at the 3 disney properties). The convention schedule doesnt show that many big conventions this fall.