PDA

View Full Version : Two Hopefully Simple Questions

blackjackdelta
08-12-2005, 01:11 PM
We will take a Disney break and hit the WC coasters at Knotts and a day at Universal. Since most people recommend that you leave the car at the hotel. Does anyone now the name(s) of companies that provide transportantion to each of these places There are 6 of us.

Secondly, are there protectors that you put the parhoppers into. These little suckers not not look like they will survive a day.

Thanks.....39 hours to start the drive

Disneyfun
08-12-2005, 01:53 PM
We will take a Disney break and hit the WC coasters at Knotts and a day at Universal. Since most people recommend that you leave the car at the hotel. Does anyone now the name(s) of companies that provide transportantion to each of these places There are 6 of us.

Secondly, are there protectors that you put the parhoppers into. These little suckers not not look like they will survive a day.

Personaly If your are driving 39 hours then you are comfortable on the road obviously. I would just take the car. I would do surface streets to knotts. And to Universal. I would not take the 5. It may seem a bit out of the way but it will be a much easier drive if you took 57 to the 60 or 10 Then when you get to where the 60, 10, and 101 take the 101 and you will be there soon.
ANswer to the question Sorry I do not knowthe names of the companies that provide transportation.

As for the Protectors there are some lanyard you can buy the have little plastic sleeve/enevlope you can put it into.
Hope this helps

I am sure some one else can answer your question as for transportation.

crazi4dlr
08-12-2005, 02:34 PM
Definitely take the surface streets to Knott's. I don't know about Universal because I've only taken the freeway. The drive is not bad though depending on the time you go.

Also, get a lanyard when you get to the park. We got one that clips onto your clothes and we carry all of the tickets and our ids and our credit/debit cards in them. Ours has a zip strip across the top so we can close it. I haven't carried a purse with me the past two trips to DLR.

adriennek
08-12-2005, 02:51 PM

My favorite things EVER are from MouseShoppe, Click Here to see them. (http://www.mouseshoppe.com/product.cfm?ProductID=2574) They're water proof and beautifully hold tickets, fast passes, credit cards, cash, hotel room keys, business cards with critical phone numbers and Ham operator codes, you name it. :D

The only problem is that if you're leaving on Sunday? I don't know how you would get them soon enough, unless you could make arrangements with AVP to stop by the MouseShoppe Offices and pick them up. I don't know how long your drive is - you could potentially pick them up at the Charming Shoppe store in Historic Orange but they're closed on Sunday and Monday.

Adrienne

Disneyfun
08-12-2005, 02:57 PM
My favorite things EVER are from MouseShoppe, Click Here to see them. (http://www.mouseshoppe.com/product.cfm?ProductID=2574) They're water proof and beautifully hold tickets, fast passes, credit cards, cash, hotel room keys, business cards with critical phone numbers and Ham operator codes, you name it. :D

The only problem is that if you're leaving on Sunday? I don't know how you would get them soon enough, unless you could make arrangements with AVP to stop by the MouseShoppe Offices and pick them up. I don't know how long your drive is - you could potentially pick them up at the Charming Shoppe store in Historic Orange but they're closed on Sunday and Monday.

Adrienne
I am soooooo Buying these as stocking stuffers for christmas. Plus one for me too. :D

Susan L
08-12-2005, 04:32 PM

Adrienne

Very :cool: I also will be investing in these. Thanks for the tip.

blackjackdelta
08-12-2005, 04:41 PM
Thank you for the protector advice. The drive is 20 hrs from here. Having lived in SoCal in the 60's I always used the streets and only took the freeways for long distances, but I am concerned about not finding parking when we return to the suites. I have no problem making the drive, coming with no parking does not make my day after a long day.

Thanks for all the help.

ima_mickeyfan
08-12-2005, 05:32 PM

Adrienne

I 2nd those protectors, I just got mine in the mail the other day and they look very strudy...tight seal, so I am sure nothing will get ruined in those things.

Disneyfun
08-12-2005, 06:53 PM
Thank you for the protector advice. The drive is 20 hrs from here. Having lived in SoCal in the 60's I always used the streets and only took the freeways for long distances, but I am concerned about not finding parking when we return to the suites. I have no problem making the drive, coming with no parking does not make my day after a long day.

Thanks for all the help.
Where are you staying? I stayed at the disneyland hotel and never had problems with the parking.

Wendi
08-12-2005, 09:17 PM
I would definitely drive, it would be too costly and inconvenient to make arrangements for 6 people to get to the other parks, IMO. I would think that if there isn't a parking space for you when you return to your hotel, it will be the hotel's responsibility to find a space for you... not quite sure how that works because I've never had a parking issue.

GrumpyUTboi
08-12-2005, 10:26 PM
yea parking could be an issue if you leave the hotel Fri/Sat but any other day I have yet to have a problem with parking. Are you not driving to save money? By all means drive to Knotts and Universal. I was not to impressed with Knotts when we were there last October. Dirty, dingey and no where near as fund as DL.

blackjackdelta
08-13-2005, 11:59 AM
Not driving to save money, Since the trip from here to there is about twenty hours, we make mini stops at Crater Lake, Shasta Mountain, etc. Besides that my two oldest will never set foot on a plane for a long, long time. We are doing Universal on a Fri and Knotts on a Thurs. May want to reverse those. Looks like I will drive and see what flies. We are staying at the Residence Inn Maingate, do not have a clue about parking.

Thanks

Susan L
08-13-2005, 01:19 PM
Adrienne, I said in my earlier post I would invest in the protector boxes. Well I did so this morning. They are so :cool:

Whittibo
09-01-2005, 02:06 PM
I love these protectors.. can anyone verify how much stuff fits into one? I will have 5 AP's along with a credit card and maybe some cash? Should I get two?

emmah
09-01-2005, 05:13 PM
hi there; if you are staying at anaheim hotels, universal studios have a free return coach service. you have to book and pay for your universal tickets on their hot-line (you can get the number from the universal website) and pick the tickets up from the bus station - there are several departure times in the morning and returning in the afternoon; we thought it was a great no-hassle perk. you can find out more information from the pamphlet they're sure to have in the hotel lobby. we took a taxi to knotts berry farm - its very close and didn't cost very much at all. :)

Swhite
09-03-2005, 06:47 AM
WAH! I am so aggravated. I have tried to order these from MouseShoppe along with an antenae topper. I am thinking on the day we leave it would be fun to stick the topper on and give the people I am going with the lanyards.

Well, the only thing that would go into my cart is the topper. Why? Something must be wrong, I tried it from the link, and then through the site directly.

MyBeast
09-03-2005, 08:32 AM
Coach USA operates busses to many of the other theme parks. You can always take a cab as well. I don't know if the Residence INN has a Concierge but you can call the Fairfield which is down the street and speak to theirs. Just call 714 772-6777 and ask to be transfered to the concierge.

ILovePoker
09-03-2005, 09:50 AM
I would definitely take the car to Knott's Berry Farm if you are staying near Disneyland because it's only about a 15 minute drive. I'm sure that when you get to LA, you can check the different bus companies that go to Universal. We just booked a bus when we got there to Universal and everything worked out fine.