PDA

View Full Version : autotopia will chance

Pages : [1] 2

gautry
02-18-2002, 06:14 AM
since I beleive that Chervon has been bought out with the corp name and money they gave to disney alos go away.

hbquikcomjamesl
02-18-2002, 07:26 AM
:confused:
Are you perchance referring to the Chevron-Texaco merger (creating a company called Chevron-Texaco, and turning the tiny little Texaco holding in my portfolio into a tiny little Chevron-Texaco holding)? If any brand name dies out of that, I should think it would be Texaco. Or are you referring to something else (something that, as a DRIPholder, I should have found out about before you did)?

:confused:

gautry
02-18-2002, 08:37 AM
just the name merger saw it on the tube last night wondering if sponserchip will change. I was thinking of sponcering the ride myself and have the little cars tell people how evil esiner is

MonorailMan
02-18-2002, 08:44 AM
I can see the slogan now:

"We Bump Out Ore Competors."

:D

80S ERA
02-18-2002, 09:55 AM
Here's another new slogan from Chevron:

"Dunt snif gass -- it maeks ur spelin vrey badd. Me tinks diz iz trew."

Ace
02-18-2002, 01:13 PM
eye wuz goang too sponsar the aututopia but I realeyezed I didnet hafe tin mellion dollarz in mie bak poket. to baad.

MickeyD
02-18-2002, 01:38 PM
So Chevron landed on Chance? I thought they landed on Community Chest.

Ace
02-18-2002, 05:58 PM
don't pass go, punk!

Cadaverous Pallor
02-20-2002, 09:58 AM
:rolleyes:
Let me get this straight. You decided that "autotopia" will "chance" because you saw a report about a name merger. Why do people have to report their guesses as fact? This is how pointless rumors get started.

Can we state rumors as such and facts as such, please?

gautry
02-20-2002, 01:09 PM
meant it as a joke and i only meant the sponcership change

TerryTiger
02-22-2002, 12:15 AM
Originally posted by gautry
meant it as a joke and i only meant the sponcership change

Hmmm...

chance instead of change. sponcership instead of sponsorship.
I think someone needs to use Spellcheck...

So much for our California public schools (or should I say publik skools?)...

Uncle Dick
02-22-2002, 11:05 AM
Originally posted by TerryTiger

Hmmm...

chance instead of change. sponcership instead of sponsorship.
I think someone needs to use Spellcheck...

Spell Check no longer works on these boards, although I agree that it's no excuse for gautry's atrocious misspellings.

Nigel2
02-22-2002, 09:14 PM
On the subject of Oil companies merging... What company did Mobil merge with? I think it was British Peterol.

stan4d_steph
02-22-2002, 11:47 PM
Actually. I think it's Exxon-Mobil. bp acquired Arco, at least I know of one refinery in Wilmington that used to be an Arco refinery and is now bp. Then there's Equilon, which was "formed to bring together major parts of Shell's and Texaco's Western and Midwestern refining and marketing businesses and their nationwide transportation and lubricants businesses."

It's sort of a big mess of companies buying other companies, selling off refineries... etc. Hard to keep track. Chevron will not go away. If anything it will be Texaco, since the company is known as ChevronTexaco. Whatever. I do a lot of work with refineries.

EandCDad
02-23-2002, 09:08 AM
Originally posted by Uncle Dick

Spell Check no longer works on these boards, although I agree that it's no excuse for gautry's atrocious misspellings.

I'm a pretty poor speller. I was bummed when spell check left. gautry's post quality have nothing to do with lack of spell check. They have to do with someone who clearly doesn't care about what his posts look like or is intentionally trying to come across as a complete idiot because he thinks it is funny.

Based on his interpretation of what is a "joke" (he reminds me of Principal Skinner in last weeks Simpson's episode), I'm guessing his posts are supposed to be funny and he isn't as completely stupid as he has come across in the threads he has started. I figure he can spell more than three words and can write a coherent sentence, he simply chooses not to because he thinks it is funny.

Not Afraid
02-23-2002, 09:21 AM
Originally posted by EandCDad
I figure he can spell more than three words and can write a coherent sentence, he simply chooses not to because he thinks it is funny.

Don't quit your day job for the comedy circuit, gautrey. I've only seen a few people who can successfully pull off stupid as funny.

Lacrosse Boy
02-23-2002, 11:46 AM
Originally posted by gautry
autotopia will chance

Autotopia. . . love the name change ;)

disneynut
02-23-2002, 01:02 PM
I didn't post anything to this thread when it was originally started because I didn't understand what it was about...so to clarify, for all of us who are slow at grasping ideas (me, in particular :) ). The point of this thread is Chevron has merged with Texaco and therefore some think it is possible that it will be Chevron/Texaco signs we see at the autopia for sponsorship. Did I get the just of it or should I wait a couple of more days before I try figuring it out again? :confused:

Nigel2
02-23-2002, 09:25 PM
Speaking of Cheveron and Autopia (I know people who say it Auto-to-pia:mad: :)) Did the talking car commercials go the way of the Budwiser frogs? Odds are they will come back to tv again since they haven't removed those promotions from gas stations.

AliKzam
02-23-2002, 09:40 PM
The Chevron cars are currently taking part in an Olympic ice-skating commercial. Think the scene in "Bambi" with cars. It's cute.
Big deal, the dude can't spell. I used to think the references were no big deal, but let it go. You can read personalized license plates, can't you? I can't do complicated math problems in my head quickly. You gonna nag me, now? CA PBS has nothing to do with it; some people are simply stronger in other areas.
Let it go.

AliKzam
02-23-2002, 09:42 PM
Excuse me: CA PSS.

Morrigoon
02-23-2002, 09:43 PM
since I beleive that Chervon has been bought out with the corp name and money they gave to disney alos go away.

Okay, translate "alos go away". :D

Techie7
02-23-2002, 09:52 PM
I beleive it is "also goes away". I am fairly good at deciphering bad spelling and or typos. want to see more of those comercials though.

Nigel2
02-23-2002, 10:31 PM
I alwasy wonder what exactly a sponser's money does (besides getting their logo's put on the attraction)? I ponder this becuase almost all of the pavilions in the WS at EPCOT are out of date but they are also sponsered by buisness and tourist boards of their respective countries.

Oh and its good to know they still make those claymation commericals. They probably took them away so the population wouldn't loath them.:)

Techie7
02-23-2002, 11:12 PM
I always assumed that some of the money goes to reception centers at the attractions while some goes to passes for emplyees. THe rest is just to get the name up. Could be wrong.