PDA

View Full Version : Parade of Dreams Music

phoenixfire2k5
08-12-2005, 12:29 PM
Maybe this has been posted already. If it has, I can probably expect this to be merged with one or all of the others.

But this isn't a question on what the music is. I finally watched Disney's Brother Bear the other night. And in the Salmon Run part of the movie, they played a song. I instantly recognized it from the Parade of Dreams music. During the parade, when the floats stop, and all the performers join together to sing the main song from the parade, it is the song, or a version of it anyways, from the movie Brother Bear. "Welcome", which is on the soundtrack, one version sung by Phil Collins, and another with Collins performing with the Blind Boys of Alabama.

I know some might argue that this might not have been one of the best Disney movies, but I for one liked it, and I like the soundtrack even more. For those that don't quite like the music from the parade and think it sounds too much like a boy band, then I advise getting the Brother Bear soundtrack. There might be a few differences in words, not sure if there is or not, but it's a better alternative to the one from the parade that does kinda sound a little too "backstreet boy-ish" which was from one comment I read a while back.

olegc
08-12-2005, 12:41 PM
I like the version from the parade- and have been searching. I heard it played on the Toonfinder podcast and can assume that Linus picked it up from a source (it was not a recording from the parade but a digital audio file). So - it exists and I would love to find it.

disneyland50
08-13-2005, 07:06 PM
i'v actually heard the parade version on 3 other different disney websites! and iv also tried asking for it on other discussion boards, but the moderators on those boards have told me that its agianst there rules to discuss the distribution of copyrighted materials :mad: . i would love to find it too!!! :D

DISNEYfied
08-13-2005, 11:54 PM
The version you are looking for is by Jump 5. And of course we don't want to disobey Anti-Piracy Laws sooo... let it be known that it's on DisneyMania 2... so you should buy that CD if you want it... :rolleyes:

phoenixfire2k5
08-14-2005, 10:30 AM
The version you are looking for is by Jump 5. And of course we don't want to disobey Anti-Piracy Laws sooo... let it be known that it's on DisneyMania 2... so you should buy that CD if you want it... :rolleyes:

Isn't Jump 5 also the group that sings "Wishes" after the Leann Rimes song when the fireworks are over?

Gone2Disneyland
08-14-2005, 01:59 PM
I finally watched Disney's Brother Bear the other night.

What, phoenixfire2k5, "finally watched"? What took you so long? Sacrilege! And you call yourself a Disney fan.

Actually, I still have to watch "Home on the Range" myself. ;) And I already have the soundtrack because I like country music to boot.

And speaking of music, I'm not sure because I don't have it, but I thought I'd read someplace on the boards that the DisneyMania Jump 5 track of "Welcome" is not exactly the same as what's used in PoD, just very, very similar. If it is the same, someone please advise and I'll be quick to pick it up myself. Thank you.

Also, I bought the "Wishes" CD, assuming that the "Wishes" track on it was the same that they played after "Remember..." Color me wrong. It's nice, slower, but not the same. I thought it sounded more Hilary Duff-ish. So ditto this on "advise/quick to pick up."

phoenixfire2k5
08-14-2005, 02:08 PM
What, phoenixfire2k5, "finally watched"? What took you so long? Sacrilege! And you call yourself a Disney fan.

Never got the chance to see it in theaters. Didn't have the money to rent or pay per view it. And I'd rather see it first, before purchasing it. Even though it is a Disney film, there have been some lately that just weren't that good. Need an example? Two words: Treasure....Planet. Need I say more? :p I usually end up liking their music more than their movies. Home on the Range wasn't too bad, btw. :p

JeffG
08-14-2005, 05:24 PM
Actually, I still have to watch "Home on the Range" myself. ;) And I already have the soundtrack because I like country music to boot.

Don't get your expectation too high on it. This is a case where the music is quite a bit better than the film...

Also, I bought the "Wishes" CD, assuming that the "Wishes" track on it was the same that they played after "Remember..." Color me wrong. It's nice, slower, but not the same. I thought it sounded more Hilary Duff-ish. So ditto this on "advise/quick to pick up."

The song used during the show is actually the main theme from the "Wishes" fireworks show at Walt Disney World's Magic Kingdom. I was a bit surprised when they repurposed it for Disneyland's show, but it really does work well. The version of the song that plays after "Remember" is also the exit music for the WDW show. There is a CD of the full soundtrack to "Wishes", including the exit music, available for sale at WDW. If you won't be in Florida soon, you probably can locate the CD through one of the various online shops that sell park merchandise.

-Jeff

Gone2Disneyland
08-14-2005, 06:01 PM
Don't get your expectation too high on it. This is a case where the music is quite a bit better than the film...

Thanks, that's what I was afraid of.

The song used during the show is actually the main theme from the "Wishes" fireworks show at Walt Disney World's Magic Kingdom. I was a bit surprised when they repurposed it for Disneyland's show, but it really does work well. The version of the song that plays after "Remember" is also the exit music for the WDW show. There is a CD of the full soundtrack to "Wishes", including the exit music, available for sale at WDW. If you won't be in Florida soon, you probably can locate the CD through one of the various online shops that sell park merchandise.

Thanks for this, too. That's what I suspected, but wanted to make sure before I ordered it.