PDA

View Full Version : need map

Rivergallery
08-12-2005, 11:15 AM
Hi, I am new here!
Planning a trip for Christmas dec 19-23rd
We have 3 adults and 2 children, and need a suite and kitchen.
I have found 3 good neighboor hotels.
La Quinta
Homewood
and
Residence Inn Anaheim Resort Area

Any suggestions other than these?
I had a map earlier of The Good Neighbor Hotels, but can't seem to find it, so If you know the website please post it!! I need to know which is closer.

This will be my 4th time to Disneyland. I went to DisneyWorld once also. For my son (3 yrs old) it will be his first time, not sure if he will be the 40inches or not... so ideas for that would be helpful also. My Father and Sister are going, and my niece who is 7 (her second time to DL), is coming. They will want to go on all the rides, so ideas of what to do special with my son would be awsome. The last time I went was before California Adventure was built (1996), so I would like to go on some of the new ones, even though he couldn't. Which ones should I make sure to go on?.. which are ok to miss?

In addition with booking.... should I put the package together myself? or use an online service?
Any idea to get cheaper airfare we are going to be coming in from PDX (Portland Oregon). Looks like rates jump for that week up to 272 on up!
Thanks in advance
Rachel

Mary Faith
08-12-2005, 11:28 AM
Hi Rachel.... I'm in the Portland area also. Did you know Alaska Airlines has the promotion where kids fly free? Don't know if this is still going but worth a look.

The Good Neighbor Hotel we prefer is Tropicana Inn & Suites right across the street from the main entrance. We found it clean and had no problem's there.

If you have AAA i'd take a gander to their office and pick up some info. they have a great flier with all the Hotels listed and a map of their locations. Besides you can get some big discounts with your membership too.

Rivergallery
08-12-2005, 11:44 AM
do they have kitchens?
looks like the kids flying free ended in july :S
http://www.disneylandreport.com/disneynews/032405alaska_airlines_kids_fly_free_disneyland.htm l

Mary Faith
08-12-2005, 11:51 AM
http://www.bei-hotels.com/new_trop_1a.htm

Here's the Web Page for them!

Rivergallery
08-12-2005, 12:08 PM
Wow thanks.... now to figure out what we want to pay :)

Do you book with them or an agent?
How would I take advantange of 4th night free going on if I booked myself?

Mary Faith
08-12-2005, 12:18 PM
I'd call them and just check the availabilty and $ and how the 4th night free works. Do you have AAA? That would make it even less and they can book it all for you also. Worth calling and checking before commiting to a certain price. Even calling the hotel direct you can ask what the rate is and then ask what the rate would be with AAA. Don't be afraid to really ask questions.
Mary

blackjackdelta
08-12-2005, 12:44 PM
You may want to try www.tripadvisor.com and look at the ratings and ammenities. We are headed for Residence Inn Maingate in 41 hours.

Rivergallery
08-12-2005, 01:44 PM
Thanks.
I have been looking at rating sites for the past few days.
what is a kitchenette? I had one that sorted if they had a kitchen or kitchenette or not, and I only got 3... the Tropicana never came up.

Rivergallery
08-12-2005, 01:45 PM
Thanks.
I have been looking at rating sites for the past few days.
what is a kitchenette? I had one that sorted if they had a kitchen or kitchenette or not, and I only got 3... the Tropicana never came up.
Trouble is we have to have a kitchen and have to have a suite.

blackjackdelta
08-12-2005, 01:59 PM
Alot of people like the Best Western Park Place Inn. We are staying at the Residence Inn at Maingate which has a full kitchen.

Rivergallery
08-12-2005, 02:02 PM
Well goodness! I looked at all kinds of sites, about the Residence INN at Maingate and they said nothing about a kitchen.!
Now I am really messed up!
In addition I am emailing back and forth to a lady with Mouse ear vacations and she just said that
"I am told that only the Homewood Suites by Hilton, Residence Inn Resort Area
and the Staybridge has a full Kitchen."
I am too confused!

Rivergallery
08-12-2005, 02:52 PM
well, I found a map http://dlr.reservations.disney.go.com/DisneylandIBC/Descriptions/2005/gn_map.html

Does anyone have other suggestions that have suites and kitchens?
I can't find anywhere that says the Best Western Park Place Inn has kitchens.

Wendi
08-12-2005, 09:35 PM
Staybridge Suites is fantastic!!! It is not within walking distance to the parks though, you will need to take the ART shuttle, drive, or get a cab. We used ART the whole time, very convenient, but used a cab one night when we wanted to have a late dinner at Storyteller's Cafe.

biolabetty
08-12-2005, 10:53 PM
We stayed at the Residence Inn Anaheim Resort Area last summer. We had a 2 bedroom suite (1 king room, 1 two queen room). There also was a sleeper sofa in the living room, plus there were 2 bathrooms. It had a full kitchen too. The room was nice, the hotel was nothing fancy though. They had a complimentary breakfast, but we never got down there for it. Parking was a little tight, it is a strange shaped lot, but if you don't have enough room there, they let you park at the Hyatt Regency next door. At least they did last year.

There was a free shuttle bus that you caught in front of the Hyatt Regency, and was shared with them and one other hotel. The room fit our family of 6 quite comfortably.

Wendi
08-13-2005, 09:55 AM
I forgot to post a map for you... this one is my favorite:

http://www.geocities.com/ashpsyche/DisneylandLinkMap.html

TowerofTerror
08-13-2005, 10:00 AM
I think the the disneyland resort hotle have what your looking for.Im sure it`s outta of your budget.Well best of luck on finding a hotel with whta you want.Well when you go have a good time say hii to mickey and his friends.Dont go to Dca for a full day it can be done in a few hours

truesally
08-13-2005, 03:09 PM
We stayed at Residence Inn Resort last year - it is not the maingate; the address is actually Garden Grove. It's about 2 miles away but you can take the hotel shuttle (which actually picks up at the Hilton?Hyatt?, right behind, and there's a Starbucks at the stop :) ).

We *loved* the Residence Inn - it has a real-sized kitchen (microwave + stove, big fridge, dishwasher!), nice living room, 2 bathrooms, and we got the kid suite so they had a little alcove with bunkbeds, little table & chairs, and TV. The hotel also offered grocery shopping - leave a list in the morning & they'll have the goods in the late afternoon, delivered & put away in your room. (We had a tiny miscommunication about a specific brand & price discrepancy but really no big deal, it was solved quickly). There is also a hearty breakfast buffet every morning and a mini-buffet in the evening. It was a good stay.

However, this year we are staying at the Best Western Raffles Inn & Suites - it has the same amenities (except hotel shuttle; we have ART passes) but is closer & cheaper (about $80 through hotels.com) and the kids' suite has a door on it ;) I think if you call Disney Travel directly and ask if you can have the kids' suite at BW Raffles with your package, you might be able to get it. Technically it is a Good Neighbor Hotel but is only listed as an economy, not suite, hotel.

BTW, I'm in Vancouver, too :D
have fun!