PDA

View Full Version : Lilly Belle Restoration Rumors

smd4
08-12-2005, 07:24 AM
It seems that today is the big day for the Lilly Belle!

Based on several cast member accounts, as well as some guest tales of seeing the Lilly Belle out in front of the roundhouse over the past few days, it looks like the grand old dame will be shipped off today for complete restoration, which is expected to take about 4 months. More can be read here: Burnsland Lilly Belle Discussion (http://www.burnsland.com/cgi-bin/drrdb2/ikonboard.cgi?;act=ST;f=2;t=122;st=80)

CrazyTrain
08-12-2005, 08:49 AM
Great news! :D

Mark Mywords
08-12-2005, 08:51 AM
Cool!! Finally! :fez: :fez:

Osky
08-12-2005, 09:33 AM
It's about time! That is good news to start off the day.

Opus1guy
08-12-2005, 09:36 AM
Cheers it seems some work is finally going to be done to get her back! :)

Just a shame that even though City Hall was saying for several years that she would be back in time for the kickoff July 17th 2005 celebrations, that not a thing had been done to her at that point. :(

Perhaps now if they get her back in time for Xmas, they'll have a little re-dedication ceremony in order to cap-off the conclusion of the Official 50th Celebrations?

smd4
08-12-2005, 09:47 AM
Just a shame that even though City Hall was saying for several years that she would be back in time for the kickoff July 17th 2005 celebrations, that not a thing had been done to her at that point. :(

Perhaps now if they get her back in time for Xmas, they'll have a little re-dedication ceremony in order to cap-off the conclusion of the Official 50th Celebrations?Well, City Hall may not have been lying, necessarily. After all, I'm sure they don't go by the roundhouse all that often to check on things.

Over the last few years, sporadic work was being done on the car by the roundhouse staff, so City Hall was right in telling you that. Unfortunately, union politics (Who should handle the re-build? The roundhouse staff? The carpenters?) shelved the project.

I don't know if there will be any ceremony (after all, there hasn't been any public ceremony for the Ward Kimball, and it's been on-line since late June), but it would be a nice little "plus" to see it back in service.

Christiii
08-12-2005, 10:21 AM
oh that is sooo exciting!1 I always tell people about that car, but no one believes me.....wonder if we minions will be able to ride it!!