PDA

View Full Version : Build a Bear at Downtown Disney

Pages : [1] 2

EchoThree76
08-11-2005, 07:35 PM
Any idea how much one of those go for? What exactly do you get for your money?

Darkbeer
08-11-2005, 07:40 PM
I took Lisa/Deogge's Mom to Build a Bear last Thuirsday. We built a Monkey, which Lisa named George, it was $18, then we bought a 50th Mouse Ears and Shirt, plus some shows. It was just over $30 all together, but we got the $5 off discount for having an AP...

Here is a photo of George enjoying some Sushi at Yamibuki's (with our Sushi Chef Sei having some fun in the background)

http://darkbeer.smugmug.com/gallery/716362/1/31356688/Large

sjcivilady
08-11-2005, 08:10 PM
www.buildabear.com
I think the online prices are the same as in the store?? I bought one for a close friend, dressed her in satin pj's with boa sandals -- when my friend had to have surgery. The bear was too cute. I think at the Downtown Disney store, they have some exclusive things, though.

phoenixfire2k5
08-11-2005, 08:51 PM
Pretty good prices there. Not too expensive. Not much else I can say because Dark pretty much covered it lol :p

Disneyfun
08-11-2005, 09:01 PM
I took Lisa/Deogge's Mom to Build a Bear last Thuirsday. We built a Monkey, which Lisa named George, it was $18, then we bought a 50th Mouse Ears and Shirt, plus some shows. It was just over $30 all together, but we got the $5 off discount for having an AP...

Here is a photo of George enjoying some Sushi at Yamibuki's (with our Sushi Chef Sei having some fun in the background)

http://darkbeer.smugmug.com/gallery/716362/1/31356688/Large
What You got an AP dioscount I thought they stopped that!!!
Okay I am ashamed to say my house hold has way to many of these things.

The lowest is a bear use to be $10.00 BUt now I think it is $12.00 THe most expensive is I think $25.00
The out fits run from $3.00 for a shirt to $15.00 or more for three piece sets.
So you really can go for a small amout or large. you just have to watch because it adds up fast.
I will be buing soon the Garaffi (sp) that will be coming out tomorrow actually. But I am buying it later. This is part of there WWF World Wildlife FUnd. Part of the cost goes to WWF. This one is going to be $25.00. I am buying it for my daughter for her birthday on her birthday (Becuase she really wanted a real cat for her birthday and is not getting that so this is the next best thing in her eyes. It will be the most expensive one I have bought yet.

BTW Every year on the birthdate of the annimal she gets an email wher you can have a virtual birthday with that animal. Very Cute!!!
Okay PRobaly much more than what you wanted to know.
But if you have more questions just ask me. I am the Queen OF build a bear.
I even have had a birthday party there. No not for my daughter For me. And yes I am in my thrities! :p Just might have to have the big 4 - 0 there too!

truesally
08-11-2005, 09:17 PM
My kids built animals (cat & unicorn...who knew, at Build A BEAR...) last year and one of the options is to have a sound button inserted into a paw/hoof. When you pick out the body (limp, lifeless, a little scary to see at first), you can choose a sound effect (extra cost, around $3) and even the sound level by listening to samples. Well, we didn't realize how noisy it was in the store so when we heard the "soft" option, it seemed like we'd never hear the $3 we were spending so we picked "medium." Since the animal was packed into its carrying crate before we left the store, we didn't get to listen to it "talk" until we returned to our hotel...Our much quieter hotel. Holy wow, those babies are LOUD. To this day, my son will roll over onto his cat in the middle of the night and sit me up in bed. ME-OWW, ME-OWW, ME-OWW. Thankfully my daughter keeps her unicorn at the end of her bed so no late-night neighing to drive me bananas. But we otherwise *love* our pets and their adorable clothes (DTD store does have exclusive DL logo stuff). And in total each animal (with a complete outfit and that darned sound) was only about $30, like the other posters have mentioned.

Disneyfun
08-11-2005, 09:23 PM
My kids built animals (cat & unicorn...who knew, at Build A BEAR...) last year and one of the options is to have a sound button inserted into a paw/hoof. When you pick out the body (limp, lifeless, a little scary to see at first), you can choose a sound effect (extra cost, around $3) and even the sound level by listening to samples. Well, we didn't realize how noisy it was in the store so when we heard the "soft" option, it seemed like we'd never hear the $3 we were spending so we picked "medium." Since the animal was packed into its carrying crate before we left the store, we didn't get to listen to it "talk" until we returned to our hotel...Our much quieter hotel. Holy wow, those babies are LOUD. To this day, my son will roll over onto his cat in the middle of the night and sit me up in bed. ME-OWW, ME-OWW, ME-OWW. Thankfully my daughter keeps her unicorn at the end of her bed so no late-night neighing to drive me bananas. But we otherwise *love* our pets and their adorable clothes (DTD store does have exclusive DL logo stuff). And in total each animal (with a complete outfit and that darned sound) was only about $30, like the other posters have mentioned.
The sounds are cute. However I have found that the BAB animals wash up very nicely with w throw in the washer and dryer. Since DD will carry her's forever it is nice to wash them. (They spray stuff is not wroth the effort IMHO) But if you have sound you can not wash them!
One good note thought is you can go back and they will open your animal and replace the sound if you need it. Just buy the sound andthey will replace it.

MickeyDogMom
08-11-2005, 09:36 PM
I built one for my dog. Who will be going to become a service dog in Feb. so I got him to bark into the little voice recorder and now whenever I press the button I can remeber his bark.
But for the 50th they have a set of mickey ears/hat and a little tee shirt with the symbol on it. VERY cute and decently priced.

ima_mickeyfan
08-11-2005, 09:38 PM
Build a bear is one place all 4 of my kids really want to go 2....I was very suprised to hear my boys ages 10 & 8 say they want to go there...I think I am even going to get something there with the 50th clothing...
loved the MONKEY!!

EchoThree76
08-12-2005, 02:22 AM
Heck..i'm 28 and I really want to go!!

Chadsgal
08-12-2005, 06:19 AM
I LOVE BUILD A BEAR! I am 25 and I take all my little cousins and the one in DTD is my favorite! I ended up getting my first bear with my cousin Ryan and mine only came to like $25 but he had to have everything from the skate board, helmet, underwear, etc..... Thank goodness it wasn't my treat but his came to over $50. From that I learned that when I take my cousins I have to let them know they only can pick either a $10 or $12 bear and only one outfit! It works pretty good ofcourse the people checking us out arn't as helpful, I took my cousing Abigail (she was 4) and when we got to the check out the guy was like "Oh she is so pretty, but she needs underwear and a brush and..." That is when I glared at him and Abigail ,thank goodness, said no that is OK I have some at home I can use.

Disneyfun
08-12-2005, 06:29 AM
Okay I was already going through Disneyland withdrawls now I need to go to Build a Bear too!!!
The funny thing is last night when I first checked in to the board here I had just typed the Build a bear address in a second browser as if was loading up I came here and what was the first topic but this one. :eek: I was thinking HOW did I do that?

GrumpyUTboi
08-12-2005, 06:35 AM
It was fun for the kids and the price wan't that bad especially being at DL where everything is triple the price.

AlbertaMinnie
08-12-2005, 07:44 AM
My kids saved their own money this time and convinced me that they needed to visit Build A Bear in DTD. It was VERY worthwhile. One daughter did a Sleeping Beauty Bear for $30.00 (15 for bear, and 15 for costume) the other daughter did a Tinkerbell Bear for $27.00 (12 for bear and 15 for costume) I didn't need a bear, have lots of old ones at home, but I did buy the 50th Anniversay Bear T-shirt and Mouse Ears - VERY CUTE! And only $7.00 for that! When we came home, we discovered that the Disney outfits are offered at our Build A Bear, but believe it or not....(even with the US/CAN currency exchange) it was cheaper to do this in DTD! Go for it! Have fun!

sjcivilady
08-12-2005, 11:40 AM
You guys just gave me an idea - I've been wanting a different top for the kitty my cousin sent me - the 50th tshirt is perfect! ...btw I'm 53 and I have two, the kitty and I ordered a moose with camping type clothes for my mountain themed living room :)

phoenixfire2k5
08-12-2005, 11:45 AM
I've already made 2 bears and a bunny there. And I'm 30! lol

TikiGeek
08-12-2005, 12:00 PM
Nope! I don't have a Border Collie from there :rolleyes: (wearing little Skecher's)

amarvel
08-12-2005, 12:46 PM
Its a lot of fun and my mom and i create one every time we go to Disneyland. Its worth it as its a fun thing to do in the middle of the day, but I would expect to pay about $40 at least to get a bear that you dress up in an outfit you like. I think the cheapest I ever did a build a bear was $20 and it didn't have much to it, and i got the cheapest bear.

sdfilmcritic
08-12-2005, 02:21 PM
I took my girlfriend to the place a couple of a weeks ago and our original total before my Annual Passholder card discount was around thirty dollars. It came with the bear and a pair of overalls for him to wear.

CariBelle
08-12-2005, 02:40 PM
I used to work in a BAB, I love the place!

Disney4Me
08-18-2005, 02:02 PM
Please post more pictures if you can. Can't get enough pictures.

phoenixfire2k5
08-18-2005, 02:23 PM
Please post more pictures if you can. Can't get enough pictures.

The first bear I built there was a 14 inch Cuddly Teddy Pink (http://www.buildabear.com/shop/productdetail.aspx?ProductSKU=2193&Category=All+Furry+Friends&CallingPage=ProductSummary), in a 4 pc Tinkerbell Outfit (http://www.buildabear.com/shop/productdetail.aspx?ProductSKU=3074&Category=Disney&CallingPage=ProductSummary) that also had little ribbons for the ears, for my then girlfriend. Haven't seen it since.

On the same trip, I built the second bear which was a 20 inch Maple Teddy (http://www.buildabear.com/shop/productdetail.aspx?ProductSKU=5660&Category=All+Furry+Friends&CallingPage=ProductSummary), in a 4 pc Los Angeles Dodgers Uniform (http://www.buildabear.com/shop/productdetail.aspx?ProductSKU=5601&Category=MLB+Uniforms&CallingPage=ProductSummary) and a pair of beary turf shoes (http://www.buildabear.com/shop/productdetail.aspx?ProductSKU=7123).

And I've also bought a 16 inch Mocha Bunny (http://www.buildabear.com/shop/productdetail.aspx?ProductSKU=5097&Category=All+Furry+Friends&CallingPage=ProductSummary) for the same girlfriend at the time. But no clothes, because I didn't know what she wanted for it at the time I got it.

I also wanted to get an 18 inch Marvelous Monkey (http://www.buildabear.com/shop/productdetail.aspx?ProductSKU=4207&Category=All+Furry+Friends&CallingPage=ProductSummary), dress him up in a 4 pc Angels Uniform (http://www.buildabear.com/shop/productdetail.aspx?ProductSKU=5609&Category=MLB+Uniforms&CallingPage=ProductSummary), and turn him into the Rally Monkey, but I never got the chance to.

Disney4Me
08-18-2005, 04:07 PM
Hee hee more pictures thank you! Will they have hockey gear?

phoenixfire2k5
08-18-2005, 04:10 PM
edited......according to the site, in the US anyways, they dont.

neffyh
08-18-2005, 07:02 PM
I want 2 make one really badly :crying: , but I'am embarassed 2 go there by myself. U all probably have children, so there is a reason u can go in. Iam goin 2 DL in Sept. with my dad, mom, and granny. Iam 15. Have ne of u ever seen a teen go in by themselves with out smaller children?