PDA

View Full Version : Disneyland Hotels sold out - The Bride doesn't have a room

disneyjunkie
08-11-2005, 06:23 PM
Ok I need some ideas, or suggestions. My daughters Disneyland Fairy Tale Wedding is September 18th. FTW provides a room for the night of the wedding free of charge to the bride and groom ...that is the good news.
Bad news every invite that goes out comes with a save the date announcement listed discounts on rooms and theme park admission for the guest. Also in the FTW contract you must meet a 10 room minimum for hotel booking for the event. Good news I hear that they can't hold you to that if there are no rooms avaliable.
So my daughter called today to make her reservations for the night before they do not have one room open in any of the three resort hotels! Of course her wedding is at 11:30 am and now there is no place to stay the night before. I cannot believe that somewhere: suite , conceige level there is not one room . Anyone have any suggestions as to how to find a room at the resort? or what ladders to climb? Should we work direct with the hotel or through FTW, of course her co ordinator is out of the office till Monday. Any feedback will be greatly appreciated.

millionairegirl
08-11-2005, 06:26 PM
Did you check on-line?

I've seen different availability on the DLR website, Travelocity/expedia, and by calling. Sometimes there are rooms that can only be booked on-line for whatever reason. If that doesn't work definitely call her coordinator. They can work wonders!

blackjackdelta
08-11-2005, 06:36 PM
Keep calling. My brother just picked up a cancellation for Aug20,21 at the GC. Ask them if they will take your name and call if they have availability. But keep working on a plan B...unfortunately it is kinda late for a number of places.

Good luck

Opus1guy
08-11-2005, 06:52 PM
Something must be going on (big Convention or something) around that time. I've been trying for months to find availability at the Sheraton Anaheim around Sept 22nd, but they've been sold out for quite some time. Which is really unusual for them at that time of year.

As a top-level Platinum member of the Starwood frequent stay program, I can force them to give me a room, but it will be at full Rack Rate and I certainly don't want to pay that! But it's beginning to look like I may have to if I want to stay at the Sheraton.

For your situation, I might suggest you ask to speak with the resort's hotel Room Revenue Manager and explain your dilemma. They usually have a handle on the total room picture (how much they might be oversold, if certain blocks of rooms are being held by Marketing or Tour Operators, etc). If they feel they might get a few more rooms back from unused blockings...they might be able to shake a room loose for you. Or add one more to their oversold category, in hopes they have enough cancellations to cover the oversolds.

Good Luck!

disneyjunkie
08-11-2005, 08:10 PM
I am convinced something real big is going on, I have tried via phone, on line, expedia, priceline, hotels.com you name it i have searched. We will be calling the hotel again tommorrow morning and also have left a message for the coordinator who will be in Monday. Keep any suggestions coming and keep your fingers crossed for a magical room to appear for Sept 17th!

AcuraTL
08-11-2005, 08:24 PM
Wow, I hope you can find a room for your daughter. Best of luck.

millionairegirl
08-11-2005, 08:42 PM
If for some reason you can't find a room at the DLH (although I'm sure you coordinator will help out), might I suggest the Ayres Hotel. It's directly across from the Anaheim Pond, and is a short limo/car ride away. The bathrooms are HUGE and they have some awesome suite type rooms that are great for getting ready in.

Disney Village
08-11-2005, 09:00 PM
I second Opus1guy. Call the hotel and ask for the reservations manager and explain your situation and at the very least ask them to waitlist your daughter at all three properties. All hotels have a wash factor, hopefully they will oversell you a room. There is bound to be a cancellation between now and Sept 18.

If that does not work try the hotel sales office. The Sales Manger may be able to assist...Sales people can sometimes be more helpful then the reservations side of a hotel, where its more of a black and white world of room inventory.

Good Luck!

disneyjunkie
08-11-2005, 09:46 PM
I am planning on being on the phone first thing in the morning. They have also suggested I call group reservations and see if they can help come up with a room. I am really suprised they did not offer since the situation was clearly explained to them to put us on a wait list. I think when they hear wedding of .... and know the FTW discount they hold back from offering upgrades , waits ect since they think you are only inquiring about a discounted FTW offer room. I will update as soon tommorrow

Alpha1mom
08-12-2005, 01:31 PM
Hi, what is going on in Sept?
We're trying to find 3 nights, Sept 16th, 17th & 18th I've looked at the convention center schedule and there's nothing special going, what's up?

Will the parks be more crowded than ever??

disneyjunkie
08-12-2005, 05:05 PM
We have no idea what is going on except that everything was booked . Luckily today all has been solved and the bride has a room !!!! I had another disney enthusiast who owns a travel agency also try to scrounge up some reservations and he connected with his connection at the hotel and they had rooms blocked for conventions ect but nothing avaliable . So from him and numerous other resources Iwas told to contact group sales. At the beginning of our convo with group sales there was nothing avaliable, after somemore conversation a room at the Paradise Pier popped up and as we talked somemore a room at the DLH with the FTW rate came avaliable ! So she has her room! I would suggest as others have of keeping the number on speed dial and just keep checking back for cancellations. The other thing I have been wondering is if they keep a separate amount of rooms for those booking packages ?

sjcivilady
08-12-2005, 11:10 PM
We have no idea what is going on except that everything was booked . Luckily today all has been solved and the bride has a room !!!!
Yeah! Can we hear how it went after the wedding is over and you've recovered a little?

disneyjunkie
08-12-2005, 11:22 PM
I will definitley post after the wedding probably more than anyone wants to see or read lol!

Earkid
08-13-2005, 08:49 AM
I will definitley post after the wedding probably more than anyone wants to see or read lol!You don't know us very well then, LOL!! We are greedy and want to hear it all and see it all. We love pics and details......please! :D

newportbeachbumz
08-13-2005, 11:27 AM
I don't know if this is why but this came from one of the threads here that I remember reading:

"sep. 16 is the unofficial straight edge day at disneyland, come out and show support.

if you dont know what sXe is about its basically kids, and adults, that choose to live a life away from drugs and drinking, and premiscuous (sp?) sex. its a personal beleif that we choose to live and cling to with everything we have...its basically a lifestyle with strong convictions, very high morality and integrity. and i found out last night that alot of my friends across the US decided to make it unofficial sXe day at disneyland so everyone that is straight edge, or wants to support should come out and have some good clean fun! "

disneyjunkie
08-13-2005, 06:41 PM
I read that also and something about a truckers convention at GCH. This should be a pretty interesting weekend .

sjcivilady
08-13-2005, 07:02 PM
Did not know that truckers have conventions....lol .... and at the GCH ... Don't get me wrong, some of my best friends are truckers, including my dad and two brothers who hauled logs for many years. :D

evrythngwmn
08-14-2005, 08:06 AM
Truckers and Straight Edge, hmm. Interesting mix. Oh and a wedding to boot.