PDA

View Full Version : Would like opinions on Stovall's Inn

lelei
08-11-2005, 02:51 PM
Help, please. :) We won a trip to Disneyland, including airfare, car, hotel, and tickets. I just found out that the hotel is BW Stovall's Inn, but have read some really bad reviews about the beds, ants, noise levels, customer service, broken locks, and musty rooms. Does anyone have any good or bad experiences with this hotel? Is it within walking distance of the parks? We'd rather stick with the free hotel, but if it's as bad as the reviews make it seem, we're willing to pay to stay somewhere else.

thanks!!

TowerofTerror
08-11-2005, 02:56 PM
Just do a search for it and see what the review are about the place. I think it a short distance from the park. Graduation on wining

hlbtimes2
08-11-2005, 06:01 PM
We stayed there in May 2000, so its been a while. It was ok. Not one of the nicer place we've stayed thats for sure. But, their web site claims they have remodeled all the rooms.

The only real complaint is, one night me and my almost 2 year old returned to our room with out my husband. He stayed in the park for a couple more rides. It was about 10pm. Our door was not closed all the way. It was very scarey. Thankfully, the family in the room next to us was coming back at the same time. The dad watched my daughter outside our room while I went in to check it out. I called the front desk and they said "sometimes housekeeping doesnt close the doors all the way". They didnt seem to concerned. Thankfully, nothing was missing and there was no one under the bed! We never used the pool or anything while we were there.

Its kitty corner from DCA. Its walkable, but it is a long walk after being in the park all day. Of course when we were there DCA was still under construction, so there wasnt a way into the parks on that side. You had to get on the tram from the disney hotel.

AVP
08-11-2005, 06:48 PM
Oddly enough, nobody has reviewed that property for our Fabulous MousePlanet Review System (http://www.mouseplanet.com/cgi/reviews/do/display.cgi?product-sku=dlrbestwesternstovallsinn). When you return from your trip, would you be so kind as to post a review so other vacationers can have the benefit of your experience?

AVP

blackjackdelta
08-12-2005, 12:47 PM
You may also want to try www.tripadvisor.com for ratings and amenities.