PDA

View Full Version : Disney Property Hotels

DopeyWife
08-11-2005, 12:45 PM
Does it seem like the hotels on property are more expensive this August?? We have stayed at each of them the last few Augusts with pretty reasonable rates, but I called today to get rates for next week and the cheapest they had was $230 for Paradise Pier with prices obviously going up at the Disneyland Hotel and Grand Californian. I remember people posting that they got rates of $179 for the Grand Californian in July. Why is August so much more expensive this year??

disney jones
08-11-2005, 01:08 PM
Does it seem like the hotels on property are more expensive this August?? We have stayed at each of them the last few Augusts with pretty reasonable rates, but I called today to get rates for next week and the cheapest they had was $230 for Paradise Pier with prices obviously going up at the Disneyland Hotel and Grand Californian. I remember people posting that they got rates of $179 for the Grand Californian in July. Why is August so much more expensive this year??did you ask for AP rates? only reason i can think of, is that they're able to fill the hotels with those rates, and it's the 50th.

Last week i called on friday for that night and all 3 hotels were full.

and it has been more expensive this summer than last.

Monte Cristo
08-11-2005, 01:22 PM
Does it seem like the hotels on property are more expensive this August?? We have stayed at each of them the last few Augusts with pretty reasonable rates, but I called today to get rates for next week and the cheapest they had was $230 for Paradise Pier with prices obviously going up at the Disneyland Hotel and Grand Californian. I remember people posting that they got rates of $179 for the Grand Californian in July. Why is August so much more expensive this year??

IT's gotta be related to the 50th. In fact, I've noticed that not only are prices higher at a lot of the surrounding hotels, but just TRY to book a room for the next few months.

DopeyWife
08-11-2005, 01:23 PM
Yes, those were the AP rates he was quoting me. I can't believe it because I know that AP rates totally drop on August 28, but I was hoping to get some reasonable rates for the middle of August. :mad:

DopeyWife
08-11-2005, 01:25 PM
IT's gotta be related to the 50th. In fact, I've noticed that not only are prices higher at a lot of the surrounding hotels, but just TRY to book a room for the next few months.

But why did they have some rates of $179 for the Grand Californian in July? Just seems inconsistent to me.

Hank919
08-11-2005, 03:39 PM
But why did they have some rates of $179 for the Grand Californian in July? Just seems inconsistent to me.

THe diffrence is in Jul the rates you probably saw where rates from long time planning verse rates just around the corner ie maybe the rates where locked in before they found out they would fill the hotel

Wendi
08-11-2005, 09:14 PM
AP rates and "AP Nights" are two entirely different beasts. AP rates are simply 10% off, I believe. AP Nights are special rates offered at certain times of year on a limited basis - they are usually really good discounts. I'm hoping to find one in October...

Marox3
08-11-2005, 09:19 PM
I've been told it's due to the volume of people coming this year. The celebration has attracted more, so us APer's aren't receiving as many deals as we have in the past.

Yes, I agree, we've had to pay more this year to stay at the resort than in prior years. Plus, after the summer vacations are done, I'm anticipating them offering better AP rates in the fall and winter.

My2kidsrule
08-11-2005, 09:35 PM
I got the $89 room for four nights in September. but it's city view. with a park view, the same room is $189. Guess we'll have to watch the fireworks and MSEP from the pool