PDA

View Full Version : My day at Disneyland 8/7/05

nsaul1211
08-11-2005, 10:05 AM
Well, I guess I should post a report for my trip last Sunday.

Well I woke up at 6 am to get ready and head out to meet my friends. After dragging myself around the house (I had been up till 1 am putting together IKEA furniture) I finally got out at about 7:20. I called my friends while on the freeway and they told me they were still eating and they would meet me at the tram loading area. As soon as I got to the structure I was in quickly and parked, turned on my cellphone to begin doing weblog upadates while at the park.

Well I got to sit around for about a half an hour, got to see a kid throw a temper tantrum which made me laugh a little. Then my friends arrived and the fun began!

We made it to the park and decided to get FP to Space Mountain, which the nearest time was 2 hours away. After getting those we headed over to the Matterhorn where I got to sit in a spot all by myself for the first time. Those things have some great leg room! :)

Next we headed over to BTM and got on in about 10 minutes. We then headed over to New Orleans square where we jumped on POTC and HM after my friend needed to buy his 6th cup of coffee for the day :). (He has quite the caffeine addiction!)

After these we headed back over to Space Mountain where we walked on after about 12 minutes with our FP. We all had a really great time on that one. We also timed it perfectly because the ride shut down just as ours returned to the que. We had to sit in our rocket for about 10 minutes before we were off loaded and realised that they turned the lights on in the tunnel which tells me they probably turned on the lights on the ride.

We then decided to head off to lunch at Storyteller's cafe where another friend met us. We all got the pizza which was simply divine! They were very pleased with the food there.

We decided to head to DCA after lunch. One friend only had a single park pass so he went into DLand to look at the gallery and go on Buzz. At DCA we walked right on ToT literally. We were out of the ride in less then 15 minutes. We then headed over to Soarin which was amazing as always. With Screamin being down we wandered back over to DLand and noticed the lines for both Splash Mountain and Space Mountain were 135 minutes long so we decided to go to the 50th movie in the Lincoln theater. At this point the group was getting very tired (they had been up until 2 am, which wasn't smart in my opinion :rolleyes: ) . My girlfriend called so I went and met her outside Sephora. After about 15 minutes of inhaling more perfume product scents then any man wants to she finally showed up and we went into the park. My friends called and said they were in line for Indy, so my gf and I went on POTC. We met up with my friends who decided to go home and get some sleep.

My girlfriend and I went on Pooh then decided to go to dinner at Hooks Point (I believe is the name) at Disneyland Hotel. Very good dinner, I had the salmon while she had some sort of shrimp concoction :).

We didn't stay for the fireworks because I had to be up for work at 5 am and I had been up since 6 am already so we called it a night and got home just in time for Family Guy.

I know it's not the most exciting of days that I've seen on here but fun none the less. :)

TowerofTerror
08-11-2005, 10:09 AM
awesome report any pictrue to show.well I go al lthe time I dont bother to to take pictrues.I just go to enjoy myself and take in all the sights

nsaul1211
08-11-2005, 12:29 PM
awesome report any pictrue to show.well I go al lthe time I dont bother to to take pictrues.I just go to enjoy myself and take in all the sights

go here to see some small pictures I took while updating the weblog. I unfortunately overestimated the battery on my phone, it apparently drains fast when taking a lot of pictures and emailing. Plus a lot of people called me that day.

go here (http://360.yahoo.com/nsaul1211) to see the updates and pictures

Shortiemetoo
08-11-2005, 01:48 PM
Thanks for the trip report!! I am happy you had a good time and two yummy meals!!! I love space mountain...too cool!!! :D

CoasterChickie
08-11-2005, 03:46 PM
Sounds like a great day!! Isn't the pizza at Storyteller's great?! And did you notice that the Matterhorn bobsleds have blue pads you can brace your knees against? I just discovered those on my last trip and they made for a way less thrashing ride especially with my hubby behind me for additional padding!! :fez:

coronado_g
08-11-2005, 05:44 PM
Good trip report. Sounds like a good day all around despite the energy drain from staying up too late the night before.

nsaul1211
08-12-2005, 06:17 AM
The pizza at Storytellers is to die for! (mushroom, pepperoni, and onions) YUM! :)

I'm going for another all day trip next Thursday and maybe Sunday (I bought my mother an annual pass and we need to get her in there!).

If I do I'll try and post another report, definately about the one with my mom because I haven't done to Dland with her since I was probably 13. So I'm really looking forward to that trip.

A small conversation during my DLand trip:

N: Hey, why don't you go get yourself some of those gold ears?
C: No.....I don't want people to think I'm weird.
N: Um.....you're at Disneyland....this is the last place you'd be considered weird. Wear them to the mall, that's a different story.

:)