PDA

View Full Version : "cooked- up comic box" what does it look like?

Pages : [1] 2

ima_mickeyfan
08-10-2005, 03:50 PM
The kids menu at most restaurants say that the meals come in a cooked up comic box, is this just a card board box or is it something that the kids will actually want to use over and over again, or are they cardboard, like the mcdonalds happy meals?
anyone have any pictures of them?

ozbeauticn
08-10-2005, 04:11 PM
they are little plastic lunchboxes. They have a comic strip on the front with various disney characters. DCA and DL usually each have a different lunch box.

phoenixfire2k5
08-10-2005, 04:11 PM
The kids menu at most restaurants say that the meals come in a cooked up comic box, is this just a card board box or is it something that the kids will actually want to use over and over again, or are they cardboard, like the mcdonalds happy meals?

I believe it is a small lunchbox that has a disney comic on the front of it. I have seen these before with the kids menus. Though I am not sure if they have changed this recently or not.

Disneyfun
08-10-2005, 04:47 PM
The boxes are still there. I have MANY!!!! They come in different colors through out the year and some times through out the park. If I see someone with a color I like I will ask were they got it.
However my favorite place to buy them is at the Taste pilot grill in DCA they have chicken poppers with smilie face potates. :D

ima_mickeyfan
08-10-2005, 06:17 PM
well with 4 kids I am thinking we just might end up with about 20 of those darn things during our vacation...lol :D

Disneyfun
08-10-2005, 06:26 PM
well with 4 kids I am thinking we just might end up with about 20 of those darn things during our vacation...lol :D
Unfortunetly it will be 20 of the same ones :( I have 1 kid and my husband just made me get rid of some. BUt I justifed keep a few of the favorite. I pack them with snacks and then take them when we go to Disneyland. I also aways keep one packed with snack in the car to keep the rummbling tummys that make me go trough a drive through :p

munchkinsmom0003
08-10-2005, 07:27 PM
We have a bunch of these lunch boxes too! My DS uses them as toy building blocks to stack on top of each other, LOL!

ima_mickeyfan
08-10-2005, 08:02 PM
We have a bunch of these lunch boxes too! My DS uses them as toy building blocks to stack on top of each other, LOL!

munchkinsmom, that is the cutiest aviator I have ever seen, oh the anticipation of getting through those gates! :)

ima_mickeyfan
08-10-2005, 08:03 PM
so I take it they are the same boxes in both parks? bummer, hey what about the painters palets when you order pb&j sandwiches, is it plastic, tossable or do they reuse them?

Disneyfun
08-10-2005, 08:19 PM
so I take it they are the same boxes in both parks? bummer, hey what about the painters palets when you order pb&j sandwiches, is it plastic, tossable or do they reuse them?
Plastic, School pencil box size. Definetly reuseable!
They are not available at Carnation. So no they do not give with the Painter Palet there.
Also They were not available at Ariels Grotto. There you got a plasic pail and shovel like you would take to the beach. Not sure what they are giving with the new princess theme.
NOr were we given one when eating At Blue Byoue( sP) so I would feel safe in saying there are not at the sit down restuarnts but more at the fast food type places they have some sort of name like MUchies munchins But I really do not remember, Sorry!'
a PLaces I know you can get them are
DL
Pizza port with pasta
Toontown I think it is hot dogs
Pincnocio with chicken and maybe a small hamburger
DCA
Tasty Pilot Chicken poppers or two small burgers
The pizza lace also use to have not them not sure if they still do?

I actually miss the carts. They use to sell them off carts with PB&J sandwhich with teddy grahms and a juice box.

DisneylandForever
08-10-2005, 08:44 PM

Ask and you shall receive. :)

Why do I have one? Long story.

Disneyfun
08-10-2005, 09:38 PM

Well Now I need to know the long stroy! :p

passthepixiedust
08-10-2005, 10:20 PM
ooooooh ! so cute ! And hey, Disneyland Forever, you don't have to justify it ! even if I didn't have kids, I'd get one !

Shortiemetoo
08-10-2005, 10:42 PM
What would happen if a gramma went up and tried to order one??? ;) :D

evrythngwmn
08-11-2005, 12:59 AM
What would happen if a gramma went up and tried to order one??? ;) :D

She'd get one. I order kids meals often. Matter of fact they make perfect to go snacks. My sister and I went to DCA a few weekends ago. Stopped at Taste Pilots and got two of the kids meals w/chicken poppers and smiley faced potatoes (love those potatoes). We closed the boxes and took them with us and ate them in line while we waited the 30 or so minutes for Grizzly. We got to the park late and didn't want to bother to sit down and waste ride time.

I keep them and use them to store stuff in. I'm looking at a green one right now which I've deemed my new sewing kit box.

ima_mickeyfan
08-11-2005, 07:51 AM

DisneylandForever*** your so Awesome!!
the lunch boxes are so cute, I can already think of so many uses for them!!! lol, feel free to share your story of how and why you got one..unless you mugged it off a small child! lol, then I don't want to know!
thanks for the picture!

munchkinsmom0003
08-11-2005, 02:28 PM
munchkinsmom, that is the cutiest aviator I have ever seen, oh the anticipation of getting through those gates! :)

Thank you so much for noticing my avatar! It's one of my all time favorite pictures of my DD and my cousin's DD, even though you can't see their faces, LOL! They were checking out the inside of the park early morning just before the gates opened.

disney jones
08-11-2005, 02:37 PM
^^^ i'll second that on the avatar.

i saw it a week or so ago and thought it was a brilliant picture! :)

adriennek
08-11-2005, 03:05 PM
I use my label maker on ours to categorize what goes in them. :D Mostly crayons, pencils, pens, art supplies and such. But they're great! We used them last summer for our car trip pencil boxes when we drove 24 hours away from home and back. I also take them to doctor's offices with paper and/or coloring books.

I've known of people who collected so many they used them as party favors at kids' birthday parties. I think they'd make great little gifts- for friends when you come back from your trip, for adults even. I could use them to organize my own photo album supplies if I didn't already have them organized. ;)

Adrienne

DisneylandForever
08-11-2005, 03:29 PM
DisneylandForever*** your so Awesome!!
the lunch boxes are so cute, I can already think of so many uses for them!!! lol, feel free to share your story of how and why you got one..unless you mugged it off a small child! lol, then I don't want to know!
thanks for the picture!

No problem!

Okay, so it's not really a long story. I only wanted a snack one night, so I bought one. I always take extra napkins, because obviously they are so cool (the new ones say 50 on them). That night I used the box to hold the napkins. That's it. :geek:

:p

TowerofTerror
08-11-2005, 03:34 PM
wow me i was getting a lot of those mug from getting hot chocolates until so i had my mom use them for prizes at an elementary school since shes a the cafeteria manger

Disneyfun
08-11-2005, 08:53 PM
wow me i was getting a lot of those mug from getting hot chocolates until so i had my mom use them for prizes at an elementary school since shes a the cafeteria manger
One of my tradtions every year is to get a hot choclate during the Christams parade and a new cup. Then I use it to take hot tea to work all winter long.!

As for the napkins in the box I like that idea!!!!
Thanks!

ima_mickeyfan
08-11-2005, 09:48 PM
One of my tradtions every year is to get a hot choclate during the Christams parade and a new cup. Then I use it to take hot tea to work all winter long.!

As for the napkins in the box I like that idea!!!!
Thanks!
I like the napkin idea!!! lol,
what are you talking about mugs?? you get cute little mugs for souvies...when you buy hot chocolate? :confused:

truesally
08-11-2005, 09:52 PM
So now I need to know about the hot chocolate mugs! We're going in the fall, finally, and I hadn't really thought about cool weather treats :eek: I was just getting my head around the idea of packing more long pants & sweaters...! Are they so cute? Do I need to pack an extra empty suitcase to tote some home??

About those lunch boxes (my son still has his from last year, full of miscellaneous collectibles...) - do they have different colors at different restaurants? Or between DL & DCA? We got black at Rancho del Zocalo, with a POTC comic, but noticed everyone else carrying them around had the same. Just curious; we might snag more if we could get a variety of colors.

evrythngwmn
08-12-2005, 12:01 AM
So now I need to know about the hot chocolate mugs! We're going in the fall, finally, and I hadn't really thought about cool weather treats :eek: I was just getting my head around the idea of packing more long pants & sweaters...! Are they so cute? Do I need to pack an extra empty suitcase to tote some home??

About those lunch boxes (my son still has his from last year, full of miscellaneous collectibles...) - do they have different colors at different restaurants? Or between DL & DCA? We got black at Rancho del Zocalo, with a POTC comic, but noticed everyone else carrying them around had the same. Just curious; we might snag more if we could get a variety of colors.

The hot drink mugs are a year round thing, though there is usually a special one put out for the holidays each year. The cost of the mug includes either coffee or hot chocolate. I think if I recall they're about $4. My most favorite was one of the "100 Mickeys" series. One of my evil roommates took it when she moved out. I'm so bummed.

Different locations sell different colors of the kids meal lunch boxes. As someone else said, if you see someone with a color you don't have, ask them where they got it. If you go often enough you can build up quite a collection. A teacher friend of mine asked me to save her some for prizes for her class.