PDA

View Full Version : Must be a hotel guest to eat at/tour DLR hotel?

Skunker
08-10-2005, 03:36 PM
Ok, this is probably a stupid and obvious question, but if you are not a guest staying on Disney property, can you eat at the hotel restaurants and generally loiter about sight seeing in them?
I remember once (ten years ago) taking the monorail to the Disneyland Hotel and wandering the grounds, then taking it back to DL. Is this still ok?

Karen256
08-10-2005, 03:47 PM
Yes, you can eat at the restaurants and loiter in the lobby/gift shop areas without staying at the property. They'll gladly take your money for that!

Stupid_American
08-10-2005, 04:01 PM
Two thirds of this photo album (http://home.pacbell.net/dagravy/disneyslide/index.htm) was taken while loitering in and around the Disneyland Hotel.

Disneyfun
08-10-2005, 04:51 PM
I am a local and I love to hang out and walk around the Grand California. Sitting in front of the fire place is great. I just love the atmosphere(SP) there!
I have been there so much I have figured I was going to spotted and asked to leave but so far nope!

cemeinke
08-10-2005, 06:45 PM
Loitering in hotel bars and lobbies is a favorite pass-time. It's also a good way to see if you'd like to stay there sometime. I think Disney knows that.

pisces
08-10-2005, 07:16 PM
Not on New Years Eve. On this last New Years Eve, there were Security posted at the Libby Lui Entrance of GCH, checking room keys. Also at the GCH, you couldn't drive in/up to the Valet unless they had your name as a registered guest.

I'm not sure how they controlled the DCA Entrance/Exit into the GCH. But, again, this was all NYE. Once New Years ended they went back to open access for all.