PDA

View Full Version : Character breakfast and lunch!

Camthalio
08-10-2005, 11:08 AM
In our package is a character breakfast inluded and I want to surprise my girlfriend with a character lunch. Do I have to make a reservation now - We will be there from 09/10/05 to 09/19/05 - or can i make it in advance when we are in the park. Even for the same day? How busy are the restaurants?

hey, i´m on a picture of Frank Anzalones disney photo tips. I´m the guy with Mickey! http://www.mouseplanet.com/more/mm050810fa.htm :)

yellowrosedtxn
08-10-2005, 11:17 AM
You can make your reservations up to 30 days in advance. I am not sure if you would need to do this that far out due to when you are going to the park, but I know you can make the priority seating arrangement when you actually get to the park too. Disney Dining: 714-781-DINE I am sure if any of this is wrong, someone else will correct me.

bassett1976
08-10-2005, 11:20 AM
For something like a suprise you might want to make reservations as soon as you can. First, you don't want the place to be packed full of people and then you either sit there for 2 hours waiting or they tell you that they cannot seat you. Also, it's a lot harder to get away from your g/f to make the reservations when you are in the park. Just my thoughts...

truesally
08-10-2005, 08:48 PM
Okay, I'm a planning freak - our November trip was booked by March, I've printed the menus for all the restaurants in the parks, and I might just start packing in the next month or so... :p

So of course I say YES, do call this week to book your spots. And now for a little unsolicited two cents: Since you're doing the character breakfast, you might think of having a more romantic, secluded lunch at Blue Bayou. You can request a table by the water (make an 11:30 reservation - that's when they open for lunch - then arrive about 15 mins early to assure a special spot) where the fireflies twinkle and you can hear quiet little fake frogs & crickets...And the Monte Cristo sandwich is heaven on a plate :eek:

You are a swell boyfriend, I can tell. Have fun!

mkraemer
08-10-2005, 09:16 PM
Okay, I'm a planning freak - our November trip was booked by March, I've printed the menus for all the restaurants in the parks, and I might just start packing in the next month or so... :p

So of course I say YES, do call this week to book your spots. And now for a little unsolicited two cents: Since you're doing the character breakfast, you might think of having a more romantic, secluded lunch at Blue Bayou. You can request a table by the water (make an 11:30 reservation - that's when they open for lunch - then arrive about 15 mins early to assure a special spot) where the fireflies twinkle and you can hear quiet little fake frogs & crickets...And the Monte Cristo sandwich is heaven on a plate :eek:

You are a swell boyfriend, I can tell. Have fun!

A planning freak...a woman after my own heart.

I'd also vote for making ressies in advance. Then, you don't have to think or worry about it. You know what you're getting, not leaving it to chance...or a huge line.

Much as I love the Blue Bayou, it's *not* a character dining place. And well, much as I *used* to love the Monte Cristo (only available at lunch, I believe), a really whopping case of food poisoning after one of those sort of took the appeal away for me...

mattsmomma
08-11-2005, 05:46 AM
I don't know if it's different at the different character breakfasts, but I'm going in Oct & made my reservations (priority seating) at Goofy's Kitchen already. They take 'em 60 days in advance.

Camthalio
08-11-2005, 10:40 AM
You are right! I´m going to make a reservation in advance. Thank you! :)

TowerofTerror
08-11-2005, 10:46 AM
call the disney reservation number.Just plan 30 to 60 day in advance when you want to be there to have reservation for you