PDA

View Full Version : Entertainment Trifecta - Is this Possible?

DangerMouse
08-10-2005, 11:06 AM
We're considering making a last minute trip to catch some of the entertainment before the off-season schedule goes into effect. We're thinking of going on 8/24-25. I was wondering if it is possible to catch the EP at DCA at 8:45, run over to DL and watch the 9:25 Remember fireworks from near the train station (I know -- not the ideal location); catch the train to NOS for the 10:30 showing of F!

Has anyone done this before? It looks great in theory, but would love to hear of anyone accomplishing this. Thanks! :D

spacemountain85
08-10-2005, 11:19 AM
I tried to do this once, and it's pretty much impossible since they reversed the EP parade route for this very reason. When I tried it, by the time I got to the train station the Pirates part of the fireworks was already going on. It's not like my group was slow either, as soon as the end of the parade went by us we bolted for the gate (along with 3000 of our closest friends) and flat-out ran across the esplanade.

We ended up skipping the fireworks and instead took the train to New Orleans where we skulked in the shadows waiting for the fireworks to end, at which point we swooped in and secured a riverside seat to the 10:30 Fantasmic. :D

HskrShelby
08-10-2005, 12:21 PM
Has anyone done this before? It looks great in theory, but would love to hear of anyone accomplishing this. Thanks! :D

I did it the week of the birthday celebration and it worked! We watched the EP right outside of Greetings and made sure to have all of our stuff together so we could make a break for it at the end. We made it to the train station with a couple of minutes to spare and then hopped on the train after the fireworks with no problem at all.

I don't know if we just got lucky, but it IS possible.

spacemountain85
08-10-2005, 01:25 PM
I did it the week of the birthday celebration and it worked! We watched the EP right outside of Greetings and made sure to have all of our stuff together so we could make a break for it at the end. We made it to the train station with a couple of minutes to spare and then hopped on the train after the fireworks with no problem at all.

I don't know if we just got lucky, but it IS possible.
Did the parade go from Hollywood to Paradise Pier, or vice versa? When it went HPB -> PP it was possible, but it would be pretty hard now that it goes PP -> HPB.

AcuraTL
08-10-2005, 01:34 PM
I did this a couple of time, once with a toddler and once without. So it is doable.

HskrShelby
08-10-2005, 03:08 PM
Did the parade go from Hollywood to Paradise Pier, or vice versa? When it went HPB -> PP it was possible, but it would be pretty hard now that it goes PP -> HPB.

It was after the direction change. We were at the end.

charpaul
08-11-2005, 12:37 AM
This is obviously possible to do - but not easy.
I think it depends on the day/crowds in the parks and a lot of timing need to be right.
IF DCA does not have a big attendance day and not a lot of people are watching the parade.
IF you are not at the end of the parade and can get out of DCA before the end of it. (ahead of the main part of the crowd)
IF you can get across the Esplanade (some nights there are crowds in the middle set up to watch the fireworks)
IF you can find a place at the train station (depends on crowds in DL)
IF you can get on the first train out of the station after Remember.
THEN you might be able to do this.

I for one would like to give this a try just to see if it can be done on a Fri or Sat night. :D

DangerMouse
08-11-2005, 08:20 AM
Thanks for all the responses. Glad to hear that it can be done.

However, Dh has officially vetoed an August trip because of the price of gas!!! :mad: So EP is going away and we won't get to say goodbye. :crying: I think I'll be in a severe depression for days. . . :crying:

Disneyfun
08-11-2005, 08:29 AM
I tried to do this once, and it's pretty much impossible since they reversed the EP parade route for this very reason. When I tried it, by the time I got to the train station the Pirates part of the fireworks was already going on. It's not like my group was slow either, as soon as the end of the parade went by us we bolted for the gate (along with 3000 of our closest friends) and flat-out ran across the esplanade.

We ended up skipping the fireworks and instead took the train to New Orleans where we skulked in the shadows waiting for the fireworks to end, at which point we swooped in and secured a riverside seat to the 10:30 Fantasmic. :D

Thank you for clearning this up for me I thought I was going crazy when the other day I saw the EP I could of sworn it came from the back lot up to the other way. But this day it ended at the back lot!
I thought I was loosing it!