PDA

View Full Version : More trip planning... what days and now many?

Skunker
08-10-2005, 10:23 AM
I have the option of going anytime from one weekend to another. Should we go Saturday through Friday, Sunday through Saturday or ? a shorter period in between. We'd like to have a day to rest after we get home, so that's why we'd come back by at least Saturday. We are going late October/Early November

What is best as far as shows, parades, etc? Is that TOO much time in SO Cal? We may go to Sea World one day....

I plan on buying the 5 day park hopper pass and staying off property. We won't be renting a car unless we go somewhere like Sea World. Is SW worth it? I have been before and kind of remember it being a lot of money for a few hours of entertainment and kind of a long drive.

Thanks for any suggestions!

08-10-2005, 10:30 AM
Bah, forget Sea World.

I'd spend the entire five days at the Disneyland Resort and go Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday, Monday.

kimc0486
08-10-2005, 10:35 AM
If you travel M-M, Tu-Tu, or W-W it's WAY cheaper then traveling on a weekend day. I've found M-M has been the lowest prices on packages. DL is also least crowded weekdays so thats another plus! SW is fun, I haven't been in like 8 years, but its a fun non-disney thing to do. Whatever you do, DON'T go to the San Diego Zoo!!! 5 days is good for DL/DCA I was there for 5 days last July and will be there for 4 days this September. Have fun! :D

Matt Hamand
08-10-2005, 10:45 AM
Whatever you do, DON'T go to the San Diego Zoo!!!
Why not?

Wendi
08-10-2005, 12:55 PM
I have the option of going anytime from one weekend to another. Should we go Saturday through Friday, Sunday through Saturday or ? a shorter period in between. We'd like to have a day to rest after we get home, so that's why we'd come back by at least Saturday. We are going late October/Early November

What is best as far as shows, parades, etc? Is that TOO much time in SO Cal? We may go to Sea World one day....

I plan on buying the 5 day park hopper pass and staying off property. We won't be renting a car unless we go somewhere like Sea World. Is SW worth it? I have been before and kind of remember it being a lot of money for a few hours of entertainment and kind of a long drive.

Thanks for any suggestions!

We will be there during that same time period. Mickey's Halloween Treat will be held Friday, Oct 28 & Saturday, Oct 29 so if you want to attend this special event, get there that weekend and go from there. Also, keep in mind that the F! and Remember will only be on Fridays and Saturdays during the off-season. If you are planning on attending the Halloween event in DCA, you won't see these shows in DL that night, so you will want to make sure to catch them on the other night.

Susan L
08-10-2005, 01:03 PM
We are doing an 8 night trip in Feb. We will leave on a Sat stay at an off property location then on Tues move to the on property place, we will then be leaving on a Sun. I like how we will have almost two weekends in this trip with the whole week in between. We do also plan on doing Knotts and we are still making our minds up on either Medieval Times, Ripleys, or SD Zoo.

cirquelover
08-10-2005, 10:34 PM
We are going around that time too. It is always good to have part of a weekend at Disneyland so you can watch the fireworks and shows. They are only on the weekends but it's a lot busier then too! The hours are shorter during the week but the crowds are a lot smaller then.

We enjoy the fireworks, Fantasmic and the Electric parade.

Seaworld has a lot more rides than when I was younger and we had fun there but I think we had more fun at Knotts and the San Diego zoo.

Do you have kids?

My son,8, had a blast at Medievel times, he told everyone about it when we came home.

I felt a little cheated at Ripley's but then again my son kind of rushed through some spots. There was some wierd stuff and a lot to read a long the way. They had tv screens that showed old clips from the tv series.