PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone else do this? [Watching movies to get in the mood]

Swhite
08-10-2005, 04:01 AM
We are coming in September and I can't wait. I have been forcing the friends that are coming with me to watch Disney movies to get us ready!! I hope I'm not driving them nuts. Last night we watched POTC. Ooh Orlando and Johnny!!

One of my favorites to watch before Dland trip is-don't laugh- Sing along Songs-Disneyland Fun. It is more FUN to watch than the souvenier videos they sell at the park...or is it just me? (I don't really sing along though, it would offend too many people)

Anyway, I wish Disneyland Fun was on DVD. Does anyone else have a favorite to watch to get them in the mood for Dland?

Skunker
08-10-2005, 05:07 AM
*not wanting to admit this* As short and disappointing as it was, I watched the 50th planning DVD last night.....
I think I need help.
he he

EchoThree76
08-10-2005, 07:58 AM
I TOTALLY do that too! I bought that two disc set of Disneylands first openeing and watch that all the time. Also, have you tried Travel CHannel? Every week or so they have a Doc on DL/DW. Oh...and Disneyland fun is coming to DVD in Sept! Already on sale on Amazon

Hakuna Makarla
08-10-2005, 08:01 AM
me to me to ))))))))))))))I always watch my DL movies, I just love them!!!

but when I say this thread I thought what........... in the mood for what :)"" wink""

mad4mky
08-10-2005, 08:29 AM
We are coming in September and I can't wait. I have been forcing the friends that are coming with me to watch Disney movies to get us ready!! I hope I'm not driving them nuts. Last night we watched POTC. Ooh Orlando and Johnny!!

One of my favorites to watch before Dland trip is-don't laugh- Sing along Songs-Disneyland Fun. It is more FUN to watch than the souvenier videos they sell at the park...or is it just me? (I don't really sing along though, it would offend too many people)

Anyway, I wish Disneyland Fun was on DVD. Does anyone else have a favorite to watch to get them in the mood for Dland?

My girls watch not only the Disney Sing-Along (in fact, they watched it the other night, and we aren't even going to Disneyland for a while yet), they also watch the old VHS tape "A Day at Disneyland". :D

And my girls are not little ones anymore... :rolleyes:

Nfatuated
08-10-2005, 11:00 AM
Hmmmmmm...Do i watch movies to get me in the mood.....I don't think i will admit that. :D

Lekta
08-10-2005, 11:31 AM
Absolutely! My wife and I watch all the movies that remind us of the park prior to every visit: PotC, Shreik (for some reason), A Day at Disneyland, 50th Planning, and I have a few Disneyland TV shows on TiVO that i'lll never erase. Just got a show on the Grand Californian from Travel Channel.

Disneynerd
08-10-2005, 11:33 AM
I've Tivo'ed almost every Disney-related show on the Travel Channel, put them on video and labeled. "A Day at Disney" sounds wonderful! I've never heard of most of these videos. Are they all pretty much available on Amazon?

My least favorite is our own boucney home movies in which I comentate every detail. And I'm the only one who watches them! Other than my one year old. Anyhoo, I think I'll give the camera to hubby next time.

passthepixiedust
08-10-2005, 11:43 AM
Actually, pretty much every day involves a Disney movie at our house..... have I mentioned I have kids ? lol. I don't think any of them would know who Indiana Jones is though (before their time !) So maybe it's time to hit the video store. "A day in Disneyland" sounds awesome !

phoenixfire2k5
08-10-2005, 11:45 AM
Getting in the mood for what?! :p

disneygurl92
08-10-2005, 01:23 PM

oooo i luv the sing along songs video. i got it when i was little and i luved wathcing it ever since. i still watch it before every trip.

Skunker
08-10-2005, 03:28 PM
Does the opening of the planning DVD make anyone else weepy?
I know it's so cornball...but the music...and Walt's voice....

squuggy
08-10-2005, 08:45 PM
Before my last trip, I had a mini-marathon of Disney Classics: Pinocchio, Aladdin, The Nightmare Before Christmas, Beauty and the Beast. Sure I looked strange selecting these from the Kids section at the video store, but what can I say, Disneyland makes me a kid at heart!

EchoThree76
08-10-2005, 09:24 PM
Nightmare before Christmas? A disney Classic?!?

Disneynerd
08-11-2005, 06:21 AM
Does the opening of the planning DVD make anyone else weepy?
I know it's so cornball...but the music...and Walt's voice....Yes, you are not alone!

For your own sanity, I recommend NOT renting the Mr. Toad cartoon. It's weird, very weird. Midway, I turned to my husband and asked if I was drunk or is this movie hard to follow. He said, "no, it's just really dumb. But yes, you are drunk."

jrsharp21
08-11-2005, 06:43 AM
Nightmare before Christmas? A disney Classic?!?

Well Disney does have a hand on NBC. That is why they have Haunted Mansion Holiday.

twist1980
08-11-2005, 08:49 AM
Yes I do this too! I have a tape I bought at the park that I watch and I take it a step further by listening to the DL soundtrack NON STOP in my car. I'm driving my boyfriend crazy, but I just can't help it! This is going to be his first trip, so I'm also driving him crazy by reciting the elevator sequence ("...Is this haunted room actually stretching?..."). I hope he doesn't hate it before we even get there!!!

RStar
08-11-2005, 08:55 AM
Getting in the mood for what?! :p
I have to admit, I was saying "how did they get this one past the mods???"

disney jones
08-11-2005, 10:15 AM
oh yeah. we usually bring some classic animated DVDs to watch on the drive over from Phoenix, especially ones that are themed to rides like Peter Pan and Alice. And nothing is better than listening to the 50th Anniversary 6-CD set on the way over too. When we drive up from our camp spot at Doheny (a 30-minute drive), nothing gets you in the mood like listening to the MSEP, Remember..., or Fantasmic sound tracks. And before our Christmas trip, we watch NBC.

but then again, we watch and listen to this stuff all the time anyways. :p :rolleyes: