PDA

View Full Version : 50th Anniversary Musical History CD set

geoffa
08-10-2005, 02:49 AM
Anyone else bought this set? 6 CDs, souvenir book and special edition vinyl record. received mine today and it is incredible. You get to hear every word (full scripts etc) in every track. The Haunted House is terrific with Madam Leota's full speech. I live U.K. and they shipped to me within FOUR days!

Colin
08-10-2005, 03:15 AM
I bought a copy on my recent and first visit to Disneyland. Its an amazing set I absolutely love it :) I didn't want to order it online as import costs would be too high! How much did you pay in import taxes and charges?

C°o°lin

SactoGuy
08-10-2005, 08:27 AM
Anyone else bought this set? 6 CDs, souvenir book and special edition vinyl record. received mine today and it is incredible. You get to hear every word (full scripts etc) in every track. The Haunted House is terrific with Madam Leota's full speech. I live U.K. and they shipped to me within FOUR days!

I really wanted to get it, but im a poor government worker... so i just got the 2 cd one =(

Mark Mywords
08-10-2005, 11:33 AM
You get to hear every word (full scripts etc) in every track. The Haunted House is terrific with Madam Leota's full speech. I live U.K. and they shipped to me within FOUR days!

Not exactly true. A lot of the tracks are pretty complete, but many are just soundtracks and are missing attraction dialogue and sound effects. Examples: Star Tours , Indiana Jones, and Splash Mountain.

Even with these slight shortcomings, the set is still awesome!

biolabetty
08-10-2005, 11:55 AM
I love my set. My poor family is subjected to listening to it every time I turn on the stereo. I bought the 2 cd set for using in the car. It's not the same, but it's better than ruining my big set with car bumps.

Whittibo
08-29-2005, 03:26 PM
I am researching this CD set. I know nothing about it, but am excited to find out what it's all about. Is it just the ride scrips? or is it songs from there too??

Where do I get one? I did the SHOP link, but nothing is listed about the 50th set.

stan4d_steph
08-29-2005, 03:54 PM
There's a review here: http://www.mouseplanet.com/hometheater/ht050517sw.htm

stitchlvr
08-29-2005, 04:18 PM
I'm so excited!!!! I just won the Complete set on ebay for a great price! I was going to go for the cheaper version, but I persisted on ebay and got the whole set for a great price. I can't wait until it comes!

mariogarza
08-29-2005, 08:29 PM
I really had a hard time getting it...
Since the one with the gold vinyl was released on May 5th and my trip was on May 22 I was really exited...what a fool...It "sold out" immediatly (according to Disney)....However I wanted to buy the one with the black vinyl, but I hadent been released yet...I was really frustated.....

I was leaving disneyland on friday...and since monday I was looking for it in everysingle store....untill wednesday, I went 20th Century Music Co. on Main Street and this girl told me that they were goning to sell 100 of them there...and I was like....Ohhh god!!!!!!! why!?!?!?!!!!.....luckily enough I went for one last time on Thursday to the same store wondering if they arrived early or something....and the Lady told me that they had already received them and they sold out....but that there's still might be something on Disneyana...so I went and they told me...you lucky one....we still have 3...the ones with the gold vinyl....!!! I wanted to kiss that Lady....nobody could had took the joy on my face for the rest of the day....and boy...if I liked it....I have all the songs on the ipod and have already listen for about a million times....I still cant get over it...

Gone2Disneyland
08-29-2005, 08:50 PM
I really had a hard time getting it...
Since the one with the gold vinyl was released on May 5th and my trip was on May 22 I was really exited...what a fool...It "sold out" immediatly (according to Disney)....However I wanted to buy the one with the black vinyl, but I hadent been released yet...I was really frustated.....

I was leaving disneyland on friday...and since monday I was looking for it in everysingle store....untill wednesday, I went 20th Century Music Co. on Main Street and this girl told me that they were goning to sell 100 of them there...and I was like....Ohhh god!!!!!!! why!?!?!?!!!!.....luckily enough I went for one last time on Thursday to the same store wondering if they arrived early or something....and the Lady told me that they had already received them and they sold out....but that there's still might be something on Disneyana...so I went and they told me...you lucky one....we still have 3...the ones with the gold vinyl....!!! I wanted to kiss that Lady....nobody could had took the joy on my face for the rest of the day....and boy...if I liked it....I have all the songs on the ipod and have already listen for about a million times....I still cant get over it...

Congratulations on your good fortune. Nice story. I have the gold edition vinyl as well, but imo the CDs and book are absolute gold, in and of themselves.

coronado_g
08-29-2005, 09:11 PM
I absolutely LOVE my 6-CD set!!