PDA

View Full Version : Alcohol?

Pages : [1] 2

potterphreak
08-09-2005, 07:44 PM
Planning a trip with a REALLY good friend of mine (adults only!!!) who has like, 100 kids (ok, 4) and will JUST BE DONE breastfeeding forever and was wondering about booze near the park? Thanks!!

SCUBAbe
08-09-2005, 07:46 PM
Planning a trip with a REALLY good friend of mine (adults only!!!) who has like, 100 kids (ok, 4) and will JUST BE DONE breastfeeding forever and was wondering about booze near the park? Thanks!!

booze can be found in DCA. they have a full bar as well as a beer truck and a margarita shack. Booze can also be found in many places in DTD...:)

Susan L
08-09-2005, 07:48 PM
SCUBAbe, has you covered :D

potterphreak
08-09-2005, 07:58 PM
Thanks a ton! I think Cal Screamin at night with all the lights with a light buzz would be F-U-N!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MartyLuvsTigger
08-09-2005, 07:59 PM
Let me tell you...yes it is ;)
The cova bar at DCA is the spot to have a few cocktails. Try the lobster nachos, they are the best! :D

Opus1guy
08-09-2005, 08:12 PM
Thanks a ton! I think Cal Screamin at night with all the lights with a light buzz would be F-U-N!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Depending on just when this trip is you're planning...that California Screamin' buzz adventure may just have to wait.

rentayenta
08-09-2005, 08:42 PM

Been there. Done that. It was a blast! :)

kisroo
08-09-2005, 08:47 PM
Been there. Done that. It was a blast! :)

Renta?!?!? Is that you!??!?! In a thread about drinking in and around DLR?!?!?!?!

I'm shocked. :|

:p ::kisses:: You know I lurve you, right?!?

Sorry. It had to be done. ;)
~kisroo:)

coronado_g
08-09-2005, 09:09 PM
The cocktails at the Rainforest Cafe were delicious but (ouch!) were mighty expensive. Of course, the prices weren't prohibitive to all ~ I saw some folks at the bar running up quite a tab.

cstephens
08-09-2005, 10:46 PM
Let me tell you...yes it is ;)
The cova bar at DCA is the spot to have a few cocktails. Try the lobster nachos, they are the best! :D

Am I the only one who thinks the lobster is blech? The nachos are fine, but advertising them as lobster nachos seems misleading.

MartyLuvsTigger
08-10-2005, 07:20 AM
Am I the only one who thinks the lobster is blech? The nachos are fine, but advertising them as lobster nachos seems misleading.
Our were LOADED with lobster and cheese. First time I had them.

You can also go the bar at the Grand Californian. Thats were we had our afternoon beer ;)

nsaul1211
08-10-2005, 07:50 AM
One piece of advice, do not buy any beer at Catal. They charged 7 bucks for a bottle of Michelob Light, and the same for Heinekin. I haven't gone to ESPN but I think it might be cheaper. Catal seems to be outrageously expensive for drinks, I think my girlfriend got a martini one time and it cost 10 bucks or something.

Susan L
08-10-2005, 08:05 AM

I'm allergic to shell fish so yes, this sounded very extremely nausiating to me :p

hlbtimes2
08-10-2005, 08:19 AM
One piece of advice, do not buy any beer at Catal. They charged 7 bucks for a bottle of Michelob Light, and the same for Heinekin. I haven't gone to ESPN but I think it might be cheaper. Catal seems to be outrageously expensive for drinks, I think my girlfriend got a martini one time and it cost 10 bucks or something.

Yikes! Makes me happy my husband is recovering and we dont drink anymore. That wouldnt leave us much money for anything else.

Disneynerd
08-10-2005, 08:43 AM
Lobster Nachos sound divine!

You can also enjoy a delicious glass of wine on the Mondovi terrace thingy. I can't remember the name, but if you are facing Corn Dog Castle, It's to your right. Wine and Corn Dogs - you can tell I'm a classy lady:)

TikiGeek
08-10-2005, 08:53 AM
They charged 7 bucks for a bottle of Michelob Light, and the same for Heinekin. I haven't gone to ESPN but I think it might be cheaper.Yes, ESPN Zone is cheaper than that but it's still a little pricey - Hey! It's Downtown Disney. ;)

nsaul1211
08-10-2005, 09:06 AM
Yes, ESPN Zone is cheaper than that but it's still a little pricey - Hey! It's Downtown Disney. ;)

True...True...

I do have to say though that ESPN could be more fun, Catal is annoying because their appetizers are 12 bucks (and aren't that good), drinks are expensive and the waiters or waitresses are not very attentive.

ESPN seems like a big kids Chuck E Cheese, which is more fun :)

CrazyTrain
08-10-2005, 09:33 AM
I don't like seafood, yet I thought the Lobster nachos were delicious!! :eek:

cstephens
08-10-2005, 09:41 AM
Our were LOADED with lobster and cheese. First time I had them.

Oh, ours had lobster on it. It just wasn't very good lobster. I would have preferred them to leave off the so-called lobster and lower the price.

Klutch
08-10-2005, 09:46 AM
This thread reminds of the days when I used to visit Disneyland with my dad. He was the kind of guy that couldn't imagine doing anything without a beer in his hand. So, Disneyland was pretty darned frustrating for Pops.

Eventually, he would hop the Monorail and ride over to the Disneyland Hotel for a stop at the bar. Otherwise, he wouldn't have enjoyed Disneyland much. :D

MartyLuvsTigger
08-10-2005, 09:52 AM
I cheat because I have lunch at club 33 and enjoy a nice dirty martini. ;)

nsaul1211
08-10-2005, 09:54 AM
I think one of the funniest things that happened to me at DLand was one time I went with some friends at we were at DCA and we just hit the beer truck. Well we decided to walk around (just because we could) and when we were approching the bridge to Paradise Pier this woman rushed up to us and said almost frantically "Is that beer", we said yes and pointed to the beer truck area. Well she took off running that way while her poor husband started running after her pushing the stroller and pulling at his other kid to keep up all the while yelling "Honey!! Honey!! Slow down!!!"

Ahh good times :)

RobGraves
08-10-2005, 09:54 AM
Mr. Toads wild ride is awesome with a little alcoholic lubrication before hand.

CoasterChickie
08-10-2005, 10:21 AM
I usually get at least one drink while at DL be it a long island ice tea at the Cove Bar or Lost Bar or a glass of wine at Ariel's or the Vineyard, but I gotta say I do NOT like going on California Screamin' with a buzz. It makes my head hurt way too much!! But a "good buzz" makes for a silly time when you're waiting in long lines for some of the rides or going on the little kiddie rides!! :D

The Lovely Mrs. tod
08-10-2005, 10:25 AM
Your guys are going the wrong direction here. Get a buzz, then go to Tower of Terror. Now that's worth the price of the booze.

-TLMt