PDA

View Full Version : Does this sound crazy to you?

potterphreak
08-09-2005, 06:59 PM
Cos my hubby thinks I am crazy. We go every year to Disneyland for 4 days (3 days at the park) and this year I think I am willing to "splurge" the extra $70 and get an AP (this is a REALLY big deal, cos I am super stingy when it comes to buying stuff for myself-I still have Christmas money left, for Peters sake!). I plan on going 2 or 3 times before May with my 2nd daughter only, before she turns 3 in May (hee hee no longer free after 3) to get her acclimated to the parks, people, rides, characters, since she is a scared Nelly when it comes to Johns Incredible Pizza. Thing is, it's like a 5 1/2-6 hour drive from my town-am I crazy? Figure can use the AP 2-3 times with free child, go once or twice with a friend of mine AND use it again next year for our annual trip.
Thanks!!!!!!!

disney jones
08-09-2005, 07:06 PM
seems like a perfectly rational thing to do - we live 5-1/2 - 6 hours away too and go often. And having a 2 yr old last year really helped convince me to get an AP since she was free till she turned 3 like you said.

only beware - APs don't help save money - you just go more and end up spending more. :p

Gone2Disneyland
08-09-2005, 07:08 PM
Cos my hubby thinks I am crazy. We go every year to Disneyland for 4 days (3 days at the park) and this year I think I am willing to "splurge" the extra $70 and get an AP (this is a REALLY big deal, cos I am super stingy when it comes to buying stuff for myself-I still have Christmas money left, for Peters sake!). I plan on going 2 or 3 times before May with my 2nd daughter only, before she turns 3 in May (hee hee no longer free after 3) to get her acclimated to the parks, people, rides, characters, since she is a scared Nelly when it comes to Johns Incredible Pizza. Thing is, it's like a 5 1/2-6 hour drive from my town-am I crazy? Figure can use the AP 2-3 times with free child, go once or twice with a friend of mine AND use it again next year for our annual trip.
Thanks!!!!!!!

Practically speaking, it's a boon if you were planning to go to the park anyway, because then you can rationalize it that you're "pre-paid" or "free" as my fellow AP friend likes to tell herself. It's a 35-minute for me from doorstep to tram drop off, so I get plenty of use from mine. Money and mileage aside, I do hope you get one. It's a lot of fun to give yourself that feeling of "privilege" each and every time you flash that AP card at the gate. :)

Just be prepared to shell out the dough come renewal time. ;) Disneyland AP is a tough habit to kick.

Susan L
08-09-2005, 07:47 PM
I say go for it, your hubby is the crazy one. If you are going more then once a year you have to get a AP.

rentayenta
08-09-2005, 08:34 PM
I live in Utah and have an AP. :)

SCUBAbe
08-09-2005, 08:38 PM
I live in lancaster and I have an AP. :)

Space Mountain Mike
08-10-2005, 01:33 AM
Lancaster, Pennsylvania or Lancaster, California?

If you go 5 times a year the pass pays itself back.

I got lucky with mine: I was in line to buy a ticket and a guy was trying to get rid of his three day pass which had two days left, that day (Saturday) and the next. He only charged me $25 for it but he had paid $130 for it! Back then passes were $180 so I got an AP and only had to pay the $50 difference. Grand total for my AP? $50! Then I went back the next day so I got to go two days in a row for $75. It paid itself back in one weekend. This was 13 months ago and I have made about 10 or 11 trips since then.