PDA

View Full Version : Mickey's Halloween tickets just for kids?

lilypad
08-09-2005, 06:28 PM
I was thinking about ordering tickets to the Disneyland Halloween "treat ticket", but was wondering if this event is just for kids? I'm 19, so I'm not that old but I wanted to know if there will be other older people (non kids) will participating in this event as well?

cstephens
08-09-2005, 06:59 PM
I was thinking about ordering tickets to the Disneyland Halloween "treat ticket", but was wondering if this event is just for kids? I'm 19, so I'm not that old but I wanted to know if there will be other older people (non kids) will participating in this event as well?

There are a *lot* of non-kids who will be going, and I'd venture to guess that some significant number of people won't have any kids with them at all.

Leli
08-09-2005, 09:59 PM
Good to see other people our age who want to go. ;)

Leslie21
08-10-2005, 10:54 PM
I'm 19 too and my bro (24) ,a friend (also 19) and I are going.. so you won't be the only one at that's not a little kid or a parent. :)
p.s.
I just registered here although I been looking around for like 2 years so I don't know if I should've introduced myself in another thread :confused:

charpaul
08-11-2005, 12:21 AM
I plan on going with a group of about 15 others - all adults - no children.
If it is like the event I have heard about in WDW - it is an all ages event that lets you act like a kid for the evening.
I understand Trick or Treating is the main event of the evening, but there will possibly be some additional surprises. I just want to take part in this new event and see what it is all about. I do not think anyone knows for sure what these nights will be like at this time......

ozbeauticn
08-11-2005, 01:36 PM
I was feeling pretty good about it all until I received an email from Disneyland today about it:

"Mickey's Halloween Treat is a private costume party that lets little ones laugh and play with their favorite Disney Characters as they trick-or-treat through Disney's California Adventure park. There will be lots of special activities and spirited music too!"

So hopefully it will be enjoyable to the older crowd too...

millionairegirl
08-11-2005, 02:48 PM
As long as the bars are open, I'll be happy!

adriennek
08-11-2005, 02:59 PM
As long as the bars are open, I'll be happy!

Wow. Ok, let me get my asbestos suit on...

I don't mind the bars being open during the day at DCA and I have no problem with adults, 'older kids', people without little kids attending, but this phrase really really bothers me as a parent taking my young kids to this event. We can only have fun if the bars are open?

"Mickey's Halloween Treat is a private costume party that lets little ones laugh and play with their favorite Disney Characters" but let's go also and get sloshed?

That may not have been what was meant by this comment but it really really set my bells and whistles off.

Adrienne

TowerofTerror
08-11-2005, 03:09 PM
Nope it for all ages .Im thinking of going to it maybe even dress up

millionairegirl
08-11-2005, 06:16 PM
I don't mind the bars being open during the day at DCA and I have no problem with adults, 'older kids', people without little kids attending, but this phrase really really bothers me as a parent taking my young kids to this event. We can only have fun if the bars are open?

"Mickey's Halloween Treat is a private costume party that lets little ones laugh and play with their favorite Disney Characters" but let's go also and get sloshed?

That may not have been what was meant by this comment but it really really set my bells and whistles off.

No, I'm not planning on being sloshed. :confused: But I'm also not necessarily excited about trick or treating.

I guess I'm not fully understanding what this party is supposed to be. But the fact that it's after hours (or at least until 10:30) and in DCA (NOT DL), I figured that this event would not be completely for the kiddies. If it were I would think they'd have it even earlier and in DL. I've read about the MNSSHP event in the MK and there is the headless horsemen and ghost stories on the Liberty Belle. I don't know what kind of entertainment there's going to be or anything. But if I get there and I'm not happy with the offerings, I can at least go have a glass of wine or a cup of beer. That's all I meant. And I don't see why adults shouldn't be able to drink at the party. I'm sure security will be ever present as usual.

I don't think the original (limited) marketing for the party included the phrase "lets little ones laugh and play". If it did I would assume that this wasn't a party meant for me. But as it's only $15pp, it won't be too much of a loss if we don't enjoy ourselves.

newportbeachbumz
08-11-2005, 09:28 PM
My husband and I attended the 2nd Annual Mickey's Halloween Treat in Disneyland 10 years ago. We had at that time our 4 year old with us. The castle was creeped out, there were extra live pirates on Pirates that interacted with you, live people on haunted mansion, a special parade, etc. There was a lot to do. We also got engaged in front of the Partners statue that night. That was a bonus!

I don't know what to expect for the same type of event at DCA. But for the price I'm sure it will be fun! I'm just hoping it's not too crowded. Yipppeee!

lilblckrncloud
08-11-2005, 10:43 PM
I was feeling pretty good about it all until I received an email from Disneyland today about it:

"Mickey's Halloween Treat is a private costume party that lets little ones laugh and play with their favorite Disney Characters as they trick-or-treat through Disney's California Adventure park. There will be lots of special activities and spirited music too!"

So hopefully it will be enjoyable to the older crowd too...That text had me a bit concerned, too, because I am going with a group of adults, and the original blurb definitely didn't contain that wording. However, it sounds like there are going to be PLENTY of adults there with good attitudes and who will be ready to party, so even if it doesn't particularly cater to us we can still have fun. Honestly, I am just hoping they have at least one area for dancing, kind of like what they do for New Year's. I would be fine watching the little ones "laugh and play with their favorite characters" as long as there is some good music and there are some fun things for us to see. It would be nice if we big kids could trick-or-treat, too, but I won't be upset if we can't.

ozbeauticn
08-12-2005, 03:04 PM
I'm SOO excited! I received this in my email today. Bring on the Disney costumes!

Thank you for your e-mail to the Disneyland Resort.

For kids, the only thing more fun than trick-or-treating at Halloween is trick-or-treating at Mickey's Halloween Treat, a private costume party in Disney's California Adventure park. This not-so-scary celebration lets little ghosts and goblins (and princesses, pirates and superheroes too) join their Disney Character friends for an evening of Halloween fun and games. In addition to
collecting candy and surprises at treat stations throughout the park, kids and their families will enjoy lively music, interactive games and special activities. It's Halloween Disney style!

Mickey's Halloween Treat is currently offered between 7:30 p.m. to 10:30 p.m. on October 21, 22, 28 and 29. Beginning September 15, tickets are available to the General Public for advanced purchase at a discount of $18 per Guest. Beginning August 1, Disneyland Resort Annual Passholders and Disney Visa cardholders may purchase tickets at a discount of $15 per Guest, when applicable card is presented. Day Of Event tickets may be purchased for $20 per Guest. All Guests 3 years of age and over must have an event ticket. Guests may purchase a limit of 8 tickets per event date. Space is
limited and tickets are available while supplies last. Tickets may be purchased online at www.disneyland.com, at our Main Entrance Ticket booths, from the Front Desk of any Hotel of the Disneyland Resort, or by calling our Ticketing & Reservations Phone Line at (714) 781-4400.

Complimentary parking at the Mickey & Friends Parking Structure is included with your Mickey's Halloween Treat admission. All Guests will receive a trick or treat bag once they enter Disney's California Adventure park. We request that all Event Guests, including adults, adhere to the following guidelines:
o Costumes should be child-friendly and not obtrusive or offensive
o Guests may wear masks, but the masks must not obstruct vision
o Guests that look like Disney Characters may not pose for pictures or sign autographs for other Guests
o Guests that do not adhere to these guidelines may be refused entry into the event unless their costume can be modified to meet the above standards

The event will include the following:
o Trick or treat stations
o Character photo opportunities
o Character meet and greet opportunities
o Music locations providing loads of music and lots of interactive fun
o Special activity areas
o Access to select attractions in "a bug's land", Hollywood Pictures Backlot and Paradise Pier
o Access to select food and merchandise locations

Drince88
08-12-2005, 03:21 PM
Thank you so much for posting this, ozbeauticn!

Leash81
08-12-2005, 07:01 PM
Awww you beat me to it ozbeauticn, I just checked my email and saw this and was going to post it. I was so glad to get this since it pretty much answered all my questions. I get to go as Snow White!