PDA

View Full Version : Discount Generic Grocery Stores

WITron
08-09-2005, 01:19 AM
For our trip in Dec we have 2 bedroom suite with a kitchen and we are planing to cook most of our meals there. What I was wondering is if there is a Discount Grocery store that has generic brands. We will have a car so driving isn't an issue. Here we have several stores taht are all generic brands and you bag your own groceries to cut down on costs.

AlbertaMinnie
08-09-2005, 05:18 AM
We found a Food 4 Less that we were happy with. All the other grocery stores required a club card in order to get the sale price, so if you have any of those, bring them with you. Otherwise, the one we found was just a ways down Harbor. When leaving the park on Harbor, it would be to your right about a mile or so. (sorry, directionally challenged!)

08-09-2005, 05:25 AM
Here we have several stores taht are all generic brands and you bag your own groceries to cut down on costs.

Aldi's, where artists shop!

GrumpyUTboi
08-09-2005, 06:47 AM
There are several ALbertson's that are around. SOunds like you are doing the right things. Bring your own food so that you can buy more souveners.

Darkbeer
08-09-2005, 06:47 AM
There are two Food4Less stores cose to the DLR (They are iwned by Kroger/Ralphs)...

The closest is about 1 mile west of the DLR on Katella, on the south side of the street... a HomeTown Buffet is next door..

But there is another a few miles north of the DLR on Harbor (just over the 91 freeway, to the right (east) side... The benefit of this store is that the Disney's Character Warehouse (Outlet store) is right across the street, and that In-n-Out is also right there!

Stupid_American
08-09-2005, 07:36 AM
There's also a 99¢ Only store, a couple miles south on Harbor, south of Garden Grove Blvd.
The food codes are often short, but you'll be eating it over your stay.

SteveK
08-09-2005, 07:58 AM
But there is another a few miles north of the DLR on Harbor (just over the 91 freeway, to the right (east) side... The benefit of this store is that the Disney's Character Warehouse (Outlet store) is right across the street, and that In-n-Out is also right there!

The Food 4 Less mentioned above is actually off Lemon and Orangethorpe...1 block east of Harbor.
-Steve

AlbertaMinnie
08-09-2005, 11:53 AM

This would be the one I was trying to talk about! Thanks for clearing it up for us Darkbeer!

Go to this Food 4 Less store, and it will give you an excuse to visit the Character Warehouse - You won't regret it!

WITron
08-09-2005, 08:18 PM
Well it looks like we will go to Food 4 Less, since we had already planned on going to the Disney Warehouse and have to eat at In-N-Out. I can't wait to get my In-N-Out fix taken care of :) .

potzbie
08-09-2005, 10:45 PM
There are four streets that enclose Disneyland:
Harbor; Katella; West (also called "Disneyland Drive" for a short distance); Ball.
The street that, I think, has more retail stores, overall, is (south of DL) Harbor Blvd.
You'd have to drive more blocks to reach a supermarket on the other streets, as I remember.

(I have driven from the 605 freeway East to DL on Ball, and on Lincoln. That's 20 minutes, on a weekday rush hour. So I've seen that side of Anaheim a handful of times. I have driven from the 57 freeway West to DL on Katella, and on Ball, and on Lincoln, more often, so I have seen that side of Anaheim likewise.)