PDA

View Full Version : Greetings from DLR

Pages : [1] 2

Pat-n-Eil
08-08-2005, 02:34 PM
Well, we made it. Things went very well this morning. We landed at John Wayne at 8;30am and we had our luggage, taken a taxi to GCH, checked our bags in and were walking into DCA before 9:30. We actually pulled into the driveway of GCH at about 9:02!!

Anyhow, the weather is pretty good. We got an early ride on Soarin' and my son and I hopped over to Disneyland and picked up Space, Buzz, Indy, Splash and BTMRR Fastpasses before heading back to DCA. Rode Tower of Terror, went to Storytellers for lunch and the kids went back to DCA while my wife and I waited for our room to be ready.

We just checked in, I got the computer hooked up and we're about to head out to Disneyland.

Funny weather today.. overcast, breezy and humid. Crowds seem a little heavier than I expected at Disneyland when we were there around 10:00 to 11:00.. but it is all good.

Will check in later.

Hawaiian Cinderella
08-08-2005, 02:40 PM
thanks for the update....i will be waiting for more details.......

DangerMouse
08-08-2005, 02:42 PM
YEA! Glad everything went so smoothly getting there from the airport! Can't wait to hear all the Enhanced FP stories and how they help you through the busy times! Also looking forward to hearing your impressions of the GCH this time around.

Are you planning on seeing Remember tonight? You're gonna just LOVE IT! :D

kisroo
08-08-2005, 02:44 PM
Virtual vicarious living through Pat&Eli...I like it!! :D

Yes! Tell us all about the GCH so I can get all psyched for our trip!! ;)

Hope you're having a great time!

~kisroo:)

Hakuna Makarla
08-08-2005, 03:25 PM
i AM ANXIOUSLY WAITING ...... YEAH i AM LOOKING FORWARD TO HEARING ALL ABOUT YOUR GREAT TIME, SOMECOOL PICTURES AND WELL ALL ABOUT FASTPASS :) HAVE A GRAND TIME!!!!

Skunker
08-08-2005, 03:48 PM
I am so jealous! But thrilled for you as well. Please please keep the updates coming if you have time, I love to hear from people who are actually there!

Disneynerd
08-08-2005, 06:29 PM
Okay, waiting for more details! Glad to hear you got in okay and hit the parks asap!
Right now you are probably having a cone after dinner at Gibson Girl. closing eyes, finger tips to temples, wearing large poofy, silk hat with feather. You ordered cookie dough ice cream and are contiplating one more ride on Space, NO, Buzz before scoping out the perfect spot for the fireworks. Your feet hurt, but you can't wait to buy Disneynerd a present. A big expensive present!

Susan L
08-08-2005, 09:05 PM
Happy to hear everything is going well. Have a great time and keep us posted.

Pat-n-Eil
08-09-2005, 06:04 AM
Just a quickie this morning as we are heading over to Disneyland Early Entry.

The rest of Day 1 wasn't quite as good as we hoped. I attribute it to everyone petering out early because of our 3:45am rising.

Space Mountain was great. I like the old music better, but the new lauch is awesome.. and that coaster is soooo smooth. Because of the crowds, we only got to ride it once - as we did Indiana Jones, Thunder Mountain, Buzz Lightyear and non FastPassers PoTC and Haunted Mansion.

Unfortunately HM was 101 a couple of times and so the wait was lonngggg. Fortunately the ride itself as not interrupted after we got our doom buggy.

Splash got me soaked. I like the new logs.

I've never seen the line routed around the side of PoTC like it was yesterday - made for a longer line, but still not all that bad. Talked to an Australian group here for the first time and told him a little about the ride as they weren't sure if it was a ride or a walk-through.

Thunder was our last ride and I was nervous because they put is in the very front. I like the back better, especially since the accident.

We love GCH, the beds are sooooooo comfy. Slept great. Storyteller's Cafe is letting us down though. Poor service and the food was just so/so. Not going back there, at least this trip.

Ok, gotta run for now. More later.

yellowrosedtxn
08-09-2005, 06:11 AM
Thanks for the update. Man I want to be there now! I look forward to hearing more about your trip!

GrumpyUTboi
08-09-2005, 06:40 AM
so many of us are living through you. We are like the fathers living through their sons. Details, details, and even more details! Thanks for sharing what you have and hopefully today is much better for you.

rentayenta
08-09-2005, 07:06 AM
Thanks for the updates! Look forward to reading more. :)

Smeecanada
08-09-2005, 08:07 AM
[QUOTE=Pat&Eil]

What new logs? What's different? I can't wait to go on Splash Mountain. It's our family's favourite ride.

Keep the updates coming.....

Only 19 days to go and we'll be there. :)

Rteneyck
08-09-2005, 09:54 AM
Jealous..jealous...jealous... I wish I was there right now, but instead I am work on my computer :crying:

BigAlH
08-09-2005, 11:13 AM
Get your VMK tour early... though with Enhanced FastPass it may not be much point! :fez:

We were just there last month and I'm already missing it!!

Disneynerd
08-09-2005, 11:31 AM
Just a quickie this morning as we are heading over to Disneyland Early Entry.

The rest of Day 1 wasn't quite as good as we hoped. I attribute it to everyone petering out early because of our 3:45am rising.

Space Mountain was great. I like the old music better, but the new lauch is awesome.. and that coaster is soooo smooth. Because of the crowds, we only got to ride it once - as we did Indiana Jones, Thunder Mountain, Buzz Lightyear and non FastPassers PoTC and Haunted Mansion.

Unfortunately HM was 101 a couple of times and so the wait was lonngggg. Fortunately the ride itself as not interrupted after we got our doom buggy.

I've never seen the line routed around the side of PoTC like it was yesterday - made for a longer line, but still not all that bad. Talked to an Australian group here for the first time and told him a little about the ride as they weren't sure if it was a ride or a walk-through.

Thunder was our last ride and I was nervous because they put is in the very front. I like the back better, especially since the accident.

We love GCH, the beds are sooooooo comfy. Slept great. Storyteller's Cafe is letting us down though. Poor service and the food was just so/so. Not going back there, at least this trip.

Ok, gotta run for now. More later.Um, so what'd you end up buying me?

;)

Disney4Me
08-09-2005, 12:28 PM
Well, we made it. Things went very well this morning. We landed at John Wayne at 8;30am and we had our luggage, taken a taxi to GCH, checked our bags in and were walking into DCA before 9:30. We actually pulled into the driveway of GCH at about 9:02!!

Anyhow, the weather is pretty good. We got an early ride on Soarin' and my son and I hopped over to Disneyland and picked up Space, Buzz, Indy, Splash and BTMRR Fastpasses before heading back to DCA. Rode Tower of Terror, went to Storytellers for lunch and the kids went back to DCA while my wife and I waited for our room to be ready.

We just checked in, I got the computer hooked up and we're about to head out to Disneyland.

Funny weather today.. overcast, breezy and humid. Crowds seem a little heavier than I expected at Disneyland when we were there around 10:00 to 11:00.. but it is all good.

Will check in later.

Is it nice to have a little breezy weather or does it make a difference at all? Subliminal messaging.....you have a strong desire to take pictures of all the star wars toys at the Star Tours shop.....end of subliminal message.

Pat-n-Eil
08-09-2005, 01:14 PM
Ok, we got a little bit later start on our Early Entry today - but everyone was feeling good and so we were ready to take on the day.

Got to the DTD monorail station about 7:15. Got over to Tomorrowland and headed straight for Space Mountain.. So nice, so smooth. We decided the music isn't as exciting as the former version, but the ride is great. Love the new start sequence. Then we got to ride it immediately again. Both times only about 10 minute wait. After the last time, I picked up some FastPasses for later. Also got some for Buzz.

We went to get FastPasses for Indy and then went to River Belle for breakfast. After breakfast I went over to BTMRR and then we went on PoTC, back to Indy to ride and then to BTMRR and Buzz. It was time, so we went to get another set of FP for Space Mountain for later and decided to go to see Asimo and Innoventions. That was actually pretty cool. I like all of the stuff they have in there and we all enjoyed Asimo.

We were getting hungry and thirsty. So we hopped aboard the monorail and were able to ride in front with the captain "Erin". We chatted a bit about the new monorail refurb. The train seems faster from the front car. :)

So we headed to ESPN Zone for lunch which was really good. The kids took advantage of their $40 in gift cards we got from our Parkhoppers by playing a bunch of games.

Then we headed back to GCH. Wife & kids needed a potty break and some rest. I went into DCA and grabbed some FastPasses for Soarin' & GRR and came back here to type this report and relax in the A/C.

Catch you later.

CoasterChickie
08-09-2005, 02:16 PM
Sounds like you had a very smooth and easy arrival!! I know what you mean about those early morning wake up times catching up to you by the end of the day!! Glad you were able to catch some good zzzzz's and get in an early start on your second day!! Tell us more!!! :D

Shortiemetoo
08-09-2005, 03:36 PM
Wow!! What a great trip so far!! Can't wait to hear more!!!
I'm happy the GCH is nice and comfy!!!

coronado_g
08-09-2005, 05:00 PM
Sounds like a great trip so far! Too bad about Storytellers - - perhaps just an off day for the staff?
Ready to read some more details of your adventures in DL/DCA.

DangerMouse
08-09-2005, 05:15 PM
So when are you seeing REMEMBER??? I can't wait to hear about THAT! :D

HydroGuy
08-09-2005, 08:26 PM
What new logs? What's different? I can't wait to go on Splash Mountain. It's our family's favourite ride.In March DL put in larger "7 person" logs, with a double seat in the back. On my trip last week, they almost never actually ran 7 people though, so the person in back just got a lot of room.

Pat-n-Eil
08-10-2005, 05:16 AM
The second half of yesterday went pretty well. We went back to DCA where the wife and I saw Golden Dreams for the first (and probably last) time. It's allright, but nothing worthy of its own attraction. Then the whole family went to see Aladdin. I arrived too late to use our priority seating passes, so we had way high balcony seats. Didn't like our vantage point but loved the show. What a great cast! The sound and lighting and effects in that show are all top notch. My wife, daughter and I want to see it again today, but with a better seat.

We rode Soarin' and then headed to Disneyland. I finally tried a Ham Turkey leg. It was filling and a little greasy.. but good. Then my son and I took off for some riding while the wife and daughter's agenda was for shopping. We rode Space Mountain, Indiana Jones and Thunder Mountain at night.

There are two things I haven't done yet that we plan to.. See the 50th Movie with Steve Martin and Ride the Jungle Cruise at night. It seems we don't have the stamina for this place that we used to because we were back in our room by the time the Fireworks had gone off. We got to see several of them, but the lower ones and the music is not available from the room. We also talked about finally seeing Fantasmic this year, but that crowd is absolutely nuts to try and negotiate. I don't know that we're going to see it.

My wife and daughter met me at the GCH lounge for a nightcap before heading up to bed. Had a very nice conversation with a castmember server there.

This morning is our Goofy's Breakfast morning and I'll be taking video and pictures. Then.. the day is open. We'll just have to see how it feels..

sriggins
08-10-2005, 06:14 AM
Sounds like a blast!