PDA

View Full Version : Summer Hours

SpaceMTJunkie
02-17-2002, 06:14 AM
Does anyone know when the summer hours for Disneyland and DCA will be announced?

MouseWife
02-17-2002, 07:23 PM
Nope.

But, before the internet, well before I had the internet, you could call the park and ask them to send you a schedule. It would give you some idea.

Just tell them the dates that you will be coming up and hopefully they can help you.

Good luck and Have fun!

Dlandmom
02-17-2002, 07:42 PM
Remember when summer hours used to be 8am to 1am? I think the longest days now are 9am to midnight.

all4thx
02-17-2002, 11:10 PM
Originally posted by SpaceMTJunkie
Does anyone know when the summer hours for Disneyland and DCA will be announced?

I have a list of proposed hours for summer 2002, but I question the accuracy.

The list shows Disneyland open daily from 8 a.m. to 11 p.m. from the last week of June through the second week of August and Disney's California Adventure open 9 a.m. to 9 p.m. the same period. Last summer Disneyland cut back the hours a lot, especially at the end of summer. The park used to be open until Midnight through the first week of September.

The new reduced hours are a disappointment in my opinion. I miss the midnight closing. I noticed that 9 a.m. to 10 p.m. is slated to be the Friday hours through mid-June. The park used to be open until Midnight on Fridays from late-March through summer.

Back in the day Disneyland would be open until 8 a.m. to 1 a.m. on a regular basis in Summer and there were some 2 a.m. closings mixed in.

Honestly, with little to do after dark now that Main Street Electrical Parade is gone and Fantasmic is not running its no wonder that Disneyland closes so early. The only thing plus recently has been year-round fireworks as opposed to the Spring through Labor Day only gig. I think its time for some capital improvements to nightime entertainment.

gautry
02-18-2002, 08:58 AM
what about the DEP or MSEP in DCA and the later summer make out sessions on the ferris whell with my girl o no help