PDA

View Full Version : September looks busy

Rteneyck
08-08-2005, 08:32 AM
I was just trying to book some friends of mine at the GCH with us on Sep. 25 thru the 28th and all 3 hotels are sold out. WOW! It looks as if Sept. is busy. I don't really see any major convention or anything coming up -- does anyone else?

Lekta
08-08-2005, 09:13 AM
Seems odd, as most of the kiddies are back in school by then. Wonder what is planned? Did you look at the DL calendar? The park closing times generally give you a good idea if they are expecting a huge crowd.

infinite
08-08-2005, 09:35 AM
We booked the GCH in May for a Sept 24- Oct1 trip, and even back then the room choices were limited.

disneyochem
08-08-2005, 06:48 PM
And October looks busy as well. I booked GCH for Oct. 16-21. Went last week to try and get an extra room for friends but GCH, DLH and PPH are completely booked! Aaarrrrgggghhh! We always go at that time in October BECAUSE of the low crowds. :confused:

IcDkRy16
08-08-2005, 07:39 PM
October is booked too! We went to AAA today and wanted to stay at either Paradise Pier or the DL Hotel Oct. 3-8 and they were booked. I heard their is a convention that week so that could be why. We were able to get a room at the Marriott though so I'm happy we still get to go! :D

tlovesdis
08-08-2005, 07:42 PM
October is booked too! We went to AAA today and wanted to stay at either Paradise Pier or the DL Hotel Oct. 3-8 and they were booked. I heard their is a convention that week so that could be why. We were able to get a room at the Marriott though so I'm happy we still get to go! :D

The beginning of October is busy due to Gay Days and the opening of HMH. The second weekend of October is Columbus Day! The last two weeks are the Mickey Halloween thing so October is looking pretty busy.

I think overall, the off season is going to be busier this year becasue of the 50th. Not sure why September is so bad though!

Rteneyck
08-08-2005, 08:02 PM
Wonder what is planned? Did you look at the DL calendar? The park closing times generally give you a good idea if they are expecting a huge crowd.[/QUOTE]

I looked at the calendar and I couldn't see anything planned. :confused: We usually go in Sept. because of the low crowds. I guess this year is going to be busy all year long. They are also not operating the fireworks on Sunday - I guess it will only be on Fri and Sat. That is a bummer as I have not seen them yet.

celinas mommy
08-08-2005, 08:13 PM
If you go to www.anahiemoc.org they have a convention schedule posted and you can look by month -- There seems to be a few large conventions scheduled during the month.

Disneyland it's self may not be crowed but that may explain the room situation....

IcDkRy16
08-08-2005, 08:27 PM
If you go to www.anahiemoc.org they have a convention schedule posted and you can look by month -- There seems to be a few large conventions scheduled during the month.

Disneyland it's self may not be crowed but that may explain the room situation....

Thanks for posting that link! I'm hoping that Disneyland wont be crowded because of this. We went during a convention a few years ago and the hotels were packed but DL was pretty normal. I can't wait!:)

celinas mommy
08-08-2005, 08:46 PM
Thanks for posting that link! I'm hoping that Disneyland wont be crowded because of this. We went during a convention a few years ago and the hotels were packed but DL was pretty normal. I can't wait!:)

Your welcome --- Enjoy....

Rteneyck
08-09-2005, 09:45 AM

This is true! I never thought of that --- DUH :)

hlbtimes2
08-09-2005, 10:00 AM
Oddly, if you look at the Disney convention / meeting planning site they have rates and rooms listed for all of Sept- Dec. I wonder if they will realease some of those rooms soon so that people can actually reserve them.