PDA

View Full Version : Win the lottery and go to Disneyland

justagrrl
02-16-2002, 03:53 PM
There was a cute Mom and daughter (among other people) in a news story yesterday that were asked what was the very first thing they'd do if they won the current lottery. They both grinned and Mom says the first thing would be to buy passes to Disneyland. It was too cute.

Sort of reminded me of the Superbowls "I'm going to Disneyland" routine.

MouseWife
02-17-2002, 06:09 PM
Originally posted by justagrrl
There was a cute Mom and daughter (among other people) in a news story yesterday that were asked what was the very first thing they'd do if they won the current lottery. They both grinned and Mom says the first thing would be to buy passes to Disneyland. It was too cute.

Sort of reminded me of the Superbowls "I'm going to Disneyland" routine.

Aw, I would do the same thing.

My son {7} asked if we won the lottery, could they each {3 kids} have a thousand dollars?

I said, Well, that is a lot, but sure. ;)

He repeats this to his brother and his friend {14}. His friend says 'That's all?'

Shhh!

Dlandmom
02-17-2002, 07:43 PM
One of the cities where a winning ticket was purchased is where my folks live...I IMMEDIATELY called them when I found out to see if I'd have to go to work tomorrow...guess I have to go to work tomorrow....:( ;)

MouseWife
02-17-2002, 07:50 PM
Originally posted by Dlandmom
One of the cities where a winning ticket was purchased is where my folks live...I IMMEDIATELY called them when I found out to see if I'd have to go to work tomorrow...guess I have to go to work tomorrow....:( ;)

LOL

Dlandmom
02-17-2002, 09:28 PM
Originally posted by MouseWife

LOL

COL

(crying out loud)

MonorailMan
02-18-2002, 07:34 AM
Oh well, we didn't win.

But,hey were "Still Going Do Disneyland." :)

MouseWife
02-18-2002, 08:10 AM
Originally posted by Dlandmom

COL

(crying out loud)

:p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p

Too funny, Dlandmom!! {and yet sad at the same time!!}

Monorail Man~
Your time is getting closer!!! I forget, are you getting your permit or your license? My 16 year old is {?} getting her license this week!!! I have told her she is taking me to Disneyland!!
{Well, maybe not this week but whenever we get a chance!! The guys always ditch us for moto-sports, so, on one of those weekends!}

MonorailMan
02-18-2002, 08:36 AM
Monorail Man~
Your time is getting closer!!! I forget, are you getting your permit or your license? My 16 year old is {?} getting her license this week!!! I have told her she is taking me to Disneyland!!
{Well, maybe not this week but whenever we get a chance!! The guys always ditch us for moto-sports, so, on one of those weekends!}

No, my Mom cut the whole permit/licence idea until further notice
:(, she decided that she'll just drive me. :D

MouseWife
02-18-2002, 08:59 AM
Originally posted by MonorailMan

No, my Mom cut the whole permit/licence idea until further notice
:(, she decided that she'll just drive me. :D

Sorry to hear that, MM.

Well, at least she is still taking you to get an AP?

MonorailMan
02-18-2002, 05:34 PM

Sorry to hear that, MM.

Well, at least she is still taking you to get an AP?

Yes, and my Mom wants one too. :eek:

And I Quote My Mom:

From going so much when I was young, I'm sick of Disneyland

Blew my mind she really wanted one. :)

MouseWife
02-18-2002, 06:44 PM
Everyone thinks that we should be sick of Disneyland.

No way!!!

I must admit, I only have 1 {out of 6} sisters who gets jealous of all of the times we go. Not that I am trying to make her jealous, mind you.

But, it is nice to share the enthusiasm. She is the one who will call me when a radio station is giving away tickets, and, vice versa. We understand the yearning of wanting to be there.

Glad your Mom is getting you guys AP's.

I don't have them.

MonorailMan
02-18-2002, 09:13 PM

Glad your Mom is getting you guys AP's.

I don't have them.

Guy's?

Only me, My dad Hates Disneyland, won't touch it with a 10 foot pole. :)

"I feel your pain" -Bill Clinton

No really, when my Mom said "No" to APs on my B-day, I felt very sad.

MouseWife
02-20-2002, 08:57 AM
Aw. Not even your Mom?

Well, that could be an okay thing, ya know. She might want to
help you get your Drivers License more quickly if she gets tired of
taking you.

I have to say, I am so looking forward to the day I can tell my daughter, hey, take yourself!!!

{Although I have to check the laws about her having passengers in the car with her. She did a big 'Doh!' when I brought that up!}

bluepearl
02-20-2002, 10:40 AM
In 2000, my family and I went on a theme park rage and visited Magic Mountain, Universal, and Disneyland within a one-week period. My dad went on Goliath with me and all the rides at Disneyland. Then all of a sudden, the next year, he decided he was too old for theme parks! He's only going to be 57 this year! But my mom loves it, and I'm thinking of getting her an AP so that she can come with me whenever she wants to go. My brother will just have to buy his own pass. ;)

Anyway, to relate to the topic of this thread, if I won the lottery, I wouldn't just go to Disneyland, I would rent the park out for the night! I'd send a request to Scheduling to have certain CMs working certain areas for an extra bonus, and then all the other CMs there will get a bonus as well.

Ghoulish Delight
02-20-2002, 10:55 AM
Okay, I've been trying to keep it a secret for privacry reasons, but.......We won the Lotto!!! We won the Lotto!!

Well, we won $12.

We bought 10 tickets, so we really only won $2. But hey, we were paid $2 for the chance to win $200 Mil., so I guess we should be happy.

Oh wait, we bought 10 tickets the Wednesday before, when it was $140 Mil, so I guess we're still $8 in the hole. Damn.

AVP
02-20-2002, 01:38 PM
When we heard that one of the winning tickets was purchased at a 7-11 store in Orange, which is where we bought ours, we raced right out to the car to get our ticket from the visor. Unfortunately, no winner, and we found out later that the winning 7-11 was a different location from where we bought ours. But man, for about 30 seconds, I was really hoping!

I heard on the news that the winning stores have to give 1/2 of their prize money to 7-11 corporate. Gee, 1/2 to the feds, 1/2 to home office...... Congratulations, I guess!

AVP

Lani
02-20-2002, 01:48 PM
Originally posted by AVP
I heard on the news that the winning stores have to give 1/2 of their prize money to 7-11 corporate. Gee, 1/2 to the feds, 1/2 to home office...... Congratulations, I guess!Don't forget that the Republic of Kalifornia sticks its hand out to get paid its share, too!!