PDA

View Full Version : Goofy's Kitchen vs. Granville's

disney jones
08-08-2005, 02:18 AM
Half-way through our trips to DLR this summer, i made an interesting discovery.

On two different occassions on two different trips, i went over to the DLH with intentions to eat dinner at Goofy's Kitchen with my two girls. Both times, we ended up at Granville's next door.

The first time we went over at 930 pm and Goofy's closes at 9 pm, so it was closed. Granville's remained open til 10 pm so we ate there.

Then 10 days ago, i again went over to Goofy's Kitchen with 7 pm dinner reservations. I got there and checked out the pricing and what characters were going to be there (six of them who are often seen in the Park), and then immediately decided to go to Granville's again.

For one, Granville's is way cheaper for a family with kids than Goofy's. :eek: Granville's had a most excellent kid's cheeseburger with fries and a drink for less than $6 each while Goofy's was at least $15 per kid. And for me, dinner is basically the same cost between the two, so i really enjoyed the quiet refined atmosphere and finer food. after all day in the Park, i think the girls liked the quiet atmosphere as well. and the girls leftover cheeseburgers were tasty too. :D

We've done Goofy a couple of times and get to see characters in the park. But from now on, it'll be Granville's. if you have a chance, bypass Goofy's :eek: and take advantage of the cuisine and atmosphere of Granville's - and suprisingly, save some money as well. :)

08-08-2005, 03:33 AM
i really enjoyed the quiet refined atmosphere and finer food. after all day in the Park, i think the girls liked the quiet atmosphere as well.

Well said.

Kids usually don't eat much when a three-ring circus is happening all around them. It's nice to find a quiet, calm restaurant with good food.

hlbtimes2
08-08-2005, 05:27 AM
Thanks for the great info!

When I saw the title my first thought was: is this person confused between Storytellers and Granvilles? Thinking you were looking for a character meal. LOL

BQ2
08-08-2005, 05:49 AM
take advantage of the cuisine and atmosphere of Granville's - :)

:cool: We love Granville! :D

pretty Omi
08-08-2005, 09:05 PM
i had Granville's for my birthday two months ago, and thought it was one of the best restraunts ever! and i havn't done Goofy's but we recently did Ariel's which was fun, and wasn't nearly as noisy as Goofy's always sounds... not to mention the cheeseburgers were to die for!