PDA

View Full Version : Los Tres Puercos - Trip Report

disney jones
08-07-2005, 10:45 PM
Hi - this is my trip report for Friday August 5th. Yes, we got some pictures with the Three Pigs :D , also Clara Cluck but the Big Bad Wolf was huffing and puffing somewhere else that day - we missed him :| .

Here's a photo log (http://bricoot.smugmug.com/gallery/715109) of most of the day.

My two girls (Zoe and Sydney) and I got to the front gate just after 8 am; the morning plan was to get as many Fantasyland rides out of the way, then head over to Small World Mall a little after 11 am for our date with the Pigs. On the way up there after renting our stroller, we ran into 50th Anniversary Minnie and a Penguin from Mary Poppins in Town Square so we had to say "Hello". :) Then right after we crossed into Fantasyland through the Castle, we had a cool surprise - there was Snow White's dude with her! From the other thread, i guess Snow Dude goes by the name of "Prince" or "Snow Prince". Since it was early, the girls had a nice leisurely time interacting with the two of them. Then the FL morning marathon commenced: we got in Peter Pan, Story Book, Tea Cups, Alice, Dumbo, Mr. Toad, Snow White, Pinocchio, and then the Matterhorn, all before 11 am. That left us time to head over to Autopia to get Fast Passes, then head over to the SW Mall to look for the Pigs.

When we got there, the Pigs (Fiddler, Fifer, and Practical) were in the middle of playing Red Rover with Alice and all her friends. Zoe jumped in and played a bit, then we got some pictures and the Pigs headed off to break, while me and the girls went on Small World and Casey Jr. At about 12:15 pm, los Puercos re-emerged - we caught them right when they came out so that gave an opportunity to get the three of them together in one picture with the girls, then a few more shots of them individualy. And then just before lunch we did Rodger Rabbit.

Lunch was at the Carnation Cafe - that place really became my favorite lunch spot this summer. I got the steak melt and the girls got the Peanut Butter Painters Palette. We ate there three timers this summer and always got that, but next time, we'll just get two Steak Melts with the girls splitting one of them (they kept asking for bites of mine). It was also Oscar's birthday - he's the head chef and has been there forever so a lot of celebrating was going on for that as well.

After lunch, we went on BLAB, then took a break at the car to change clothes. After this in mid-afternoon, we went over to DCA for a bit - we did three things there - first was the Redwook Creek - the girls haven't been there too much the past year so they really enjoyed running through there. Next, we all got wet at Bug's Land Pincess Dot Puddle Park, then we watched the BPB - we love this parade! This was our sixth time watching it i think. this time we had the second stop in front of the Monsters, Inc. float. The girls really love the dancing and it's provided for great photo ops all summer long. (my camera battery conked out here and i didn't bring my back-up this trip, so the photo log stops at this point).

It was now about 6 pm. we headed back into Disneyland since Zoe wanted to see Fantasmic this trip (my vote for MSEP was overridden). We headed to ROA to claim a spot. Syd had crashed for her nap by this time, and we parked ourselves for a prime spot for the 9 pm F!. However, even with Syd napping, i couldn't bear the thought of spending the next 3 hours doing nothing but sitting/waiting. Also, i saw first thing that morning on the schedule that the Fab Four were playing at Club Buzz at 8 pm :eek: . i had heard such good things about them, and I love the Beatles, so i picked up Syd and took Zoe over to Tomorrowland via the RR. I promised Zoe we'd catch the 1030 pm F!

We got over to Tomorrowland before 7 pm - Syd had awoke on the ride over - too bad, but she did manage to get an hour's worth of shut-eye so she was good for the evening. The first thing we did was ride the Autopia, and the odds finally caught up with us - I finally won a car! :D Previously, my sister had won earlier this summer, and once Zoe found two winning licenses on the ground, but this was the first time any of the three of us had WON!! :D I literally have at least 100 Autopia licenses around the house which keep accumulating - Dustys, Sparkys, and Suzys - we usually go on Autopia daily when we are there, and had been plenty in the last 14 months - we were way overdue to win.

After that, we went and grabbed a spot for the Fab Four - we got there about 730 pm & waited at Club Buzz for about 30 minutes, munching on some dessert from Club Buzz. The Fab Four were well worth the wait!! :cool: We caught the entire first set and if any one loves the Beatles, they'll really enjoy this show - the first set had all the fun early Beatles tunes and Tomorrowland was jammed with people listening to them. The last number Mickey, Goofy, and Donald all came on stage for 'Twist and Shout'. They are going to be there again this coming weekend they said. Go see them if you haven't. I would have liked to seen the 2nd set too from the Sgt. Pepper days, but what a treat!!

They finished the set a little after 9 pm. We boarded the RR again to head back to Frontierland where the stroller was parked. We got off just beofre the first F! was ending - it gave us enough time to position ourselves to get front and center for the 10:30 pm show, and we seated just before the Remember fireworks began, filling in right behind all the people that had just seen 9 pm F! and were headed back to Main Street.

This was the first time i'd seen Remember from ROA - it's pretty good there and they have some effects, but nothing beats the front of the castle.

Both girls fell asleep as we waited for F! at 10:30 pm, but we were literally front and center - these were the best F! spots to have, so i awoke the girls right whjen the show started. We watched the show and loved it. This was at least the third time we had seen it this summer with some decent seats.

Two tired girls and their tired Dad left the park at 11 pm and headed south to San Clemnente State Beach to camp for the night. Th next morning, we slowly worked our way up the coast, spending time in several Starbucks, capped off by a couple of hours at Huntington State Beach swimming - we left So Cal by 4 pm and made it back to Phoenix just after 10 pm last night.

We had a lot of fun there in DLR this summer :D , but Zoe starts school Monday so that will be it for a few weekes at least. Next trip is probably going to be for Syd's 4th birthday at the end of August. And when i got back home, our tickets for 10/29 MNSSHB were there waiting. :D

TowerofTerror
08-07-2005, 10:56 PM
nice trip report.Wow I was atthe park that day too.

IcDkRy16
08-07-2005, 11:09 PM
Great trip report! Your daughters are adorable.

Crazy4DL
08-08-2005, 08:07 AM
Super cute pictures DJ!!! :) Thanks for sharing!

pirateabbie
08-08-2005, 08:20 AM
How did you know the Three Pigs were going to be there? I've always wanted to see them! Great report!

Susan L
08-08-2005, 08:23 AM
What a great day you and your girls had, thank you so much for sharing.

Wendi
08-08-2005, 08:41 AM
Great trip report... I've got tickets for the same night for Mickey's Halloween Treat! Coolio!

CrazyTrain
08-08-2005, 10:09 AM
Thanks for the report and the pics! :D

Shortiemetoo
08-08-2005, 12:12 PM
Woo Hoo!!! Another great trip report DJ...thank you so much and for the link to the pics also!!!
What is MNSSHB??? Thanks...sorry...couldn't figure this one out!!!

Earkid
08-08-2005, 12:15 PM
What is MNSSHB??? Thanks...sorry...couldn't figure this one out!!!Stands for that Halloween Bash in DCA, Shortie. Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Bash, I think.

BTW, Jonsey, love the pics, as usual. Syd is looking less and less like a toddler and Zoe is getting tall.

disney jones
08-08-2005, 01:42 PM
Thanks for all the compliments :D

How did you know the Three Pigs were going to be there? I've always wanted to see them! Great report!by asking a suit-type CM the week before who was out there when the Hunchback group was out. Also, www.toonfinder.com 's blog has good update information on characters.

disney jones
08-08-2005, 03:12 PM
oh a couple other things i meant to put in the report too.

Walking through Club Buzz at 11 am, the DJ's were playing "It's a Beautiful Day" by U2. I'll say! and talk about your warm and fuzzy feelings - just very cool to here that tune in DLR on truly a nice day! - while it was hot, it wasn't that bad as what we all saw two weeks prior in Anaheim, and coming from Phoenix, it was really a beautiful day with the girls.

I also meant to comment on the girls reaction to the Fab Four - they were mesmerized and really seemed to like it. I think they now have an idea what the Beatles were about. Obviously they didn't 'get' everything that there was to know about the Beatles the last 50 years - but they got a great first taste.

BellhopMicah
08-08-2005, 06:58 PM
Great trip report, DJ! :D

coronado_g
08-08-2005, 07:10 PM
Great trip report ~ Thanks for sharing your totally fun-filled day!

CoasterChickie
08-08-2005, 09:25 PM
Disney Jones...I love the avatar with your daughters and the three little pigs. It sounds like you had a very fun filled day and that's great that your girls liked the Fab Four!! I'm sure you'll manage to squeeze in some Disney trips even after school starts!! ;)