PDA

View Full Version : Disneyland - The Secrets, Stories and Magic of the Happiest Place on Earth [merged]

Pages : [1] 2

Lekta
08-07-2005, 07:47 PM
Has anyone heard of this DVD coming out. I was searching through Amazon and came across it. It sounds outstanding and will be a purchase.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B0007Z9QWG/ref=pd_thx_recs_2/102-0603364-2660111?v=glance

Mark Goldhaber
08-07-2005, 08:00 PM
I wouldn't count on seeing it any time soon. See this thread (http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showthread.php?t=45768) for the reason why.

MommyTo3Boys1Girl
08-07-2005, 09:27 PM
Interesting that on amazon is it only $14.99 but yet in the linked to thread people talk about the price. $14,99 is reasonable, in my opinion.

phoenixfire2k5
08-07-2005, 09:28 PM
Why see it, when you got the mousetales book? :p

Yeah, yeah, I know. Like with any book to movie, why read the book when you got it on dvd? :p

But as with any book to movie, such as harry potter, id rather read the book. Sucks ya in more. :D You feel like you're there.

Gone2Disneyland
08-07-2005, 10:01 PM
Why see it, when you got the mousetales book? :p

Yeah, yeah, I know. Like with any book to movie, why read the book when you got it on dvd? :p

But as with any book to movie, such as harry potter, id rather read the book. Sucks ya in more. :D You feel like you're there.

Because, like I am with Harry Potter, the book's not enough. I'll take the book and the movie! :D And the CD and the t-shirts to boot. July 16-17 was a magical weekend for me; I finished reading all of HP&tHBP at 1:19 am Sunday morning, took a shower, then got to the line into DCA at 3am. Had to leave Disneyland at 5 pm because I had already committed to a get-together with friends that evening. But it was a full day enjoying a couple of my favorite pastimes.

BTW, speaking of, I just finished the SE of "Mouse Tales." Pleasantly surprised. Almost finished with the CD too, which is a great idea (an audio tour of Disneyland during the year 1955) and just as entertaining.

Disneyfun
08-07-2005, 10:05 PM
Because, like I am with Harry Potter, the book's not enough. I'll take the book and the movie! :D And the CD and the t-shirts to boot. July 16-17 was a magical weekend for me; I finished reading all of HP&tHBP at 1:19 am Sunday morning, took a shower, then got to the line into DCA at 3am. Had to leave Disneyland at 5 pm because I had already committed to a get-together with friends that evening. But it was a full day enjoying a couple of my favorite pastimes.

BTW, speaking of, I just finished the SE of "Mouse Tales." Pleasantly surprised. Almost finished with the CD too, which is a great idea (an audio tour of Disneyland during the year 1955) and just as entertaining.
Okay you just took the word litterally from my brain. I mean nearly word for word. Except I took the book (Harry Potter) with me to read in line at DCA and di dnot get her till 5:00 am but we did leave at 5:00pm and I too am finishing the SE of mouse tales.

Gone2Disneyland
08-07-2005, 10:07 PM
So (...just to get this thread back on topic :p) I'll likely add "Disneyland: The Secrets, Stories, and Magic..." DVD to my Disneyland collection when it eventually comes out.

Gone2Disneyland
08-07-2005, 10:12 PM
Okay you just took the word litterally from my brain. I mean nearly word for word. Except I took the book (Harry Potter) with me to read in line at DCA and di dnot get her till 5:00 am but we did leave at 5:00pm and I too am finishing the SE of mouse tales.

Wow! It's a small world after all. :)

Which (just to keep this thread on topic) is an attraction likely covered in "Disneyland: The Secrets, Stories, and Magic..." DVD. ;p

phoenixfire2k5
08-07-2005, 10:12 PM

:p

Disneyfun
08-07-2005, 10:16 PM
So (...just to get this thread back on topic :p) I'll likely add "Disneyland: The Secrets, Stories, and Magic..." DVD to my Disneyland collection when it eventually comes out.
Me too excpet at this point in time I really do not have a disenyland collection. Guess it is time to start!

Gone2Disneyland
08-07-2005, 10:33 PM
Me too excpet at this point in time I really do not have a disenyland collection. Guess it is time to start!

Yep, you're behind, better get a move on. ;)

Actually, I consider myself lucky that I picked up the tin DVD "Disneyland USA" when I did as it seems to be sold out everywhere but eBay. It's a nice time capsule of Disneyland in past incarnations, and what I'm hoping "Disneyland: The Secrets..." may offer in terms of some new footage, tho' I fully expect a little bit of duplication too.

"Walt: The Man Behind the Myth" is a steeeeeeply priced DVD they sell at Disneyland ($29.99), but still, I found it, as a Disney fan, an incredibly emotional collection of interviews, old family videos, and images of the man and his dreams, including how he thunk up and eventually realized Disneyland.

Disney Vault
08-07-2005, 10:54 PM
I wouldn't count on seeing it any time soon. See this thread (http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showthread.php?t=45768) for the reason why.
That sucks. Maybe they just need more time to make it really good though. I was really looking forward to getting it.

TowerofTerror
08-07-2005, 10:57 PM
well im sure it will be good.When does it come out

stan4d_steph
08-08-2005, 05:59 AM
well im sure it will be good.When does it come outNo release date yet. See last Thursday's mailbag (scroll down to the end) (http://www.mouseplanet.com/mailbag/m050804.htm).

mariogarza
08-31-2005, 02:25 PM
Anyone knows whats up with the "Disneyland - The Secrets, Stories and Magic of the Happiest Place on Earth" DVD????????

09-01-2005, 04:27 AM
Bump!

Experts, we've got experts. So what's the answer?

stan4d_steph
09-01-2005, 05:36 AM
MousePlanet Home Theater & Entertainment Editor Kevin Krock answered this question in a recent MousePlanet Mailbag (http://www.mouseplanet.com/mailbag/m050804.htm) (scroll to the bottom for the letter).

Yes, July 12th came and went without any Disney home video recognition of Disneyland's 50th anniversary, even though Disney had announced the title you mentioned. Interestingly enough, it was quietly pulled from the electronic press release, and there is no reference to it on Disney's DVD release schedule or press kit site. I asked one of my contacts, and his reply was that it could have been pulled for any number of reasons, such as technical flaws, legal hang ups, etc. It could also be that they wanted to include some of the 50th anniversary footage shot during the ceremony on the 17th, but that is just one of my hopes…

From what I can tell from other sources, the DVD will be released some time later this year, but there is no release date at this time. So, until then, we'll all have to wait patiently.

My2kidsrule
09-01-2005, 09:19 AM
This'll be released Sept. 27 along with a LOT of other Disney DVDs. Something like 10 of them are coming out that day. Mostly sing along songs dvds. But it's coming. What it's about, I don't know yet.

Mark Goldhaber
09-01-2005, 08:44 PM
This'll be released Sept. 27 along with a LOT of other Disney DVDs. Something like 10 of them are coming out that day. Mostly sing along songs dvds. But it's coming. What it's about, I don't know yet.
Do you have a source for that information? UltimateDisney.com (http://www.ultimatedisney.com/comingsoon.html), which is usually very accurate, shows that it's still not officially back on the release schedule. (It's currently number 51 on that page.)

Two interesting theories on their discussion boards for this release.

1) The release is being delayed for inclusion of the actual ceremony for the 50th.
2) With the return of Roy Disney to the Walt Disney Company, they are shooting new footage with him for the "Memories of Walt" section of the disc.

There's also a third theory that, since the disc supposedly featured the same songs as on the Disneyland Fun singalong disc, they don't want the two to come out at the same time.

Me? I'm hoping for at least #2, if not also #1.

Mickey
09-25-2005, 03:46 PM
Ok, rumors say that the DVD will be launched next Tuesday Sep. 27...what do you think?

Clotho
09-25-2005, 04:35 PM
Where did you hear the rumor?

I hopped over to Amazon, and no release date yet. But the most spurious voting is going on there already! One person gave it one star "because it's not released yet". other's gave it 5 stars because they are just "so excited" to see it, and "hope it will be great".

Um...why are you people voting on something you haven't even seen yet?!

stan4d_steph
09-25-2005, 04:49 PM
I think if it does come out then it will be a surprise to many people.

bhbob
09-25-2005, 05:37 PM
I'm the manager at a video store and I'm keeping an eye out for that disc to be re-scheduled. It is not coming out this Tueday! I just completed my orders for November and it's not there yet. The studios are just starting to announce Jan 06 titles now. I also keep checking on the exclusive Disney website for video retailers but no news yet. When I find out I'll post it.

:D

The Genii
09-25-2005, 05:48 PM
Like lots of books that have come out for the 50th, they are sold only in the theme parks for months before ever hitting Amazon.com or the stores. So, it's possible that it might be hitting the parks shortly and other retail outlets months from now.

TowerofTerror
09-25-2005, 05:51 PM
just Wait and see if comes out on on Tuesday September 27th