PDA

View Full Version : AP upgrade

nickbrown2k2
08-07-2005, 06:48 PM
Can upgrades to your AP only be done at DLR and not at a Disney store?

I have a SoCal pass, wanting to upgrade to Deluxe...trying to figure it out.

Thanks!

Disneyfun
08-07-2005, 08:58 PM
I foudn the easiest way to up grade is not at the regular ticket area but to the left of disenyland. There is never a line. And they will print out the upgrade right there no need to go in and get picture!
GOOD Luck!

nickbrown2k2
08-07-2005, 09:29 PM
I foudn the easiest way to up grade is not at the regular ticket area but to the left of disenyland. There is never a line. And they will print out the upgrade right there no need to go in and get picture!
GOOD Luck!

Are you serious? That is really cool! Thanks! If anyone else has any ideas/suggestions, let me know.

Disneyfun
08-07-2005, 09:34 PM
Are you serious? That is really cool! Thanks! If anyone else has any ideas/suggestions, let me know.
Yep I am serious. I up graded mine at the tricket booth once and them had to go into the park for the picture. BUt then in May my mom and grandmother were standing in the looong line when I walked over asked if we could upgrade there they said yes. I waved them over and they paid and then were handed their new pass.
It has to be the best way!

Leli
08-07-2005, 10:36 PM
Depends on when you go to that Guest Services booth. One time I went to renew and it took forever. My cousins had gotten in line at the regular ticket booth, gotten their tickets, and were ready to get in the park and I still had about five more guests in front of me. I suppose it's more convenient if you don't want to go into the park, but if I'm there I'm gonna want to go in, especially since the passholder place is back at the bank.

RStar
08-08-2005, 05:48 AM
If you go to the ticket booth, I belive you will be able to pay there, but they will still send you over to the Guest Services window to prosess it.

The question I have is that when you upgrade, do you pay the difference of the pass regardless of the amount of time left on it? If you have only 6 months do you pay half the difference?

Disneyfun
08-08-2005, 07:32 AM
If you go to the ticket booth, I belive you will be able to pay there, but they will still send you over to the Guest Services window to prosess it.

The question I have is that when you upgrade, do you pay the difference of the pass regardless of the amount of time left on it? If you have only 6 months do you pay half the difference?

Sorry But you pay the full Difference. THe only break you willget is if you upgrade to the Premium and you already pain for parking they will take that off too. SO My moms upgrade was less then my grandmothers because mom had parking.
as far as going to ticket booth and thenguest service. Once you upgrade you can go to either guest service or inside the park.

Amybirds
08-08-2005, 10:25 AM
Ok, so there's a guest services booth near the ticket booths that can handle upgrades?

I'm dragging my husband to DL & DCA for my 30th Birthday mid-week in November. We each have one single day ticket (bday gift), but we want to do a three day trip instead of just one day. Though this is likely to be our only DL trip in the next year, the SoCal Select is cheaper than the three days pass and is valid for the days we are going, so we'd like to upgrade to that. (Yes, we have proof of SoCal residency).

I'd much rather deal with all the ticket stuff before we get into the parks, so if I take our unredeemed tickets & proof of residency to the Guest Services booth outside the park, can we get squared away there or will we still have to take time getting photos inside the park? If I have to go inside the park to do it, can I do it in DCA? I want to save stepping foot in DL until my actual Bday which is our second day at the parks, so if I can't take care of everything outside the park, can I do the upgrade in DCA?

Thanks!!

nickbrown2k2
08-08-2005, 10:36 AM
Ok, so there's a guest services booth near the ticket booths that can handle upgrades?

I'm dragging my husband to DL & DCA for my 30th Birthday mid-week in November. We each have one single day ticket (bday gift), but we want to do a three day trip instead of just one day. Though this is likely to be our only DL trip in the next year, the SoCal Select is cheaper than the three days pass and is valid for the days we are going, so we'd like to upgrade to that. (Yes, we have proof of SoCal residency).

I'd much rather deal with all the ticket stuff before we get into the parks, so if I take our unredeemed tickets & proof of residency to the Guest Services booth outside the park, can we get squared away there or will we still have to take time getting photos inside the park? If I have to go inside the park to do it, can I do it in DCA? I want to save stepping foot in DL until my actual Bday which is our second day at the parks, so if I can't take care of everything outside the park, can I do the upgrade in DCA?

Thanks!!

I don't believe you can take care of it in DCA. I don't believe DCA has the AP processing center. They are now processing AP's at the bank, where you have to stand in line to have your picture taken.

Oh well! :(

Amybirds
08-08-2005, 10:53 AM
I don't believe you can take care of it in DCA. I don't believe DCA has the AP processing center. They are now processing AP's at the bank, where you have to stand in line to have your picture taken.

Oh well! :(

Can I do it all outside the park at Guest Services instead? Or do I still have to get the photo done inside DL? :confused:

Darkbeer
08-08-2005, 11:01 AM
If you don't have a Photo on file (aka This is your first AP), you must go to the Bank of Main Street to get your photo taken. This center also can collect money and handle upgrades. This is the only location at the DLR that can take photos.

But if you have a photo on file, then you can get your AP renewals/upgrades at Guest Services, located to the left of the DIsneyland turnstyles in the Main Entry Plaza. (They have a machine that prints AP cards, but do not have cameras).

Shortiemetoo
08-08-2005, 11:05 AM
Sorry derail here!!! Don't forget to get a birthday sticker! It makes your birthday in disneyland so much more magical!!!
Have fun...
end of derail! :D

Amybirds
08-08-2005, 11:14 AM
Sorry derail here!!! Don't forget to get a birthday sticker! It makes your birthday in disneyland so much more magical!!!
Have fun...
end of derail! :D

Definately getting a birthday sticker first thing when we enter the park!

Disneyfun
08-08-2005, 12:12 PM
And you would get that Bday siticker at city hall. (Just incase some one did not know :p )

mrcoffee
08-08-2005, 12:29 PM
And you would get that Bday siticker at city hall. (Just incase some one did not know :p )

...or the "wait time" station by the hub.

Thomas

Disneyfun
08-08-2005, 12:49 PM
...or the "wait time" station by the hub.

Thomas
Okay this is new to me! What is this? Is this that person who stands by the board with the times buy the Plazza. Okay lightbulb goes on I think I know what oyu are talking bout but I want to besure.

mrcoffee
08-08-2005, 12:53 PM
Okay this is new to me! What is this? Is this that person who stands by the board with the times buy the Plazza. Okay lightbulb goes on I think I know what oyu are talking bout but I want to besure.

Yes, that's the place.

Malcon10t
08-08-2005, 04:32 PM
GOOD Luck!You have been very lucky. I have never been there when there is under a 20 minute wait. Everyone is there with their problems or picking up shopping tickets, Fantasmic! tix, or tour tix. I avoid that line at all costs (unless I am picking up Fantasmic! tix.)

Disneyfun
08-08-2005, 04:47 PM
You have been very lucky. I have never been there when there is under a 20 minute wait. Everyone is there with their problems or picking up shopping tickets, Fantasmic! tix, or tour tix. I avoid that line at all costs (unless I am picking up Fantasmic! tix.)
I ahve been lucky! I have never waited more than 5 minutes. And I have gotten everything from upgrading, Buying black out days bp (Before Preimum) to buying friends tickets. But I kind of have waited to keep it a secret so It did not get busy :p

nickbrown2k2
08-08-2005, 05:43 PM
I ahve been lucky! I have never waited more than 5 minutes. And I have gotten everything from upgrading, Buying black out days bp (Before Preimum) to buying friends tickets. But I kind of have waited to keep it a secret so It did not get busy :p

Haha, it really caught me off guard because I didn't know!!