PDA

View Full Version : Benefits of AAA Disney trip?

potterphreak
08-07-2005, 04:28 PM
What do you get that you don't get by planning everything on your own? Thanks so much for any and all info!!!

Wendi
08-07-2005, 05:01 PM
If you are staying onsite with a package deal through AAA you will get Enhanced FastPass - so you can hold one Fastpass for each ride FP is available for at the same time.

sjcivilady
08-07-2005, 05:05 PM
I used AAA to do a package trip Dec 2003. It was about $580 for 3 of us (one child but she was old enough to need adult ticket). We stayed 4 nights at a decent hotel - I think it worked out to about $50 night, but was buy three nights, get one free?? (included 5 day hoppers) I also did it way in advance, like before Easter that year. We got free parking, a neat binder with all our info, a free picture, free lanyards and two pins, $10 ESPN - and it was easy to do: I walked in, the travel agent made a phone call, I paid a deposit, paid the rest by a certain date. It was the weekend just before Christmas, so I considered it a good deal at the time. I don't normally do that - you can probably do it cheaper yourself; but I was treating my cousin and her daughter and it just seemed right for birthday/Christmas presents for them(told them it was their birthday/Xmas gifts for the next 5 years...lol). I'm going this November and will probably buy just tickets from AAA - shouldn't need the free parking; but you never know. I have decided that I have certain requirements now for my hotel: as close a walk as possible, fridge in the room, and free little breakfast is nice. I can't get that with the cheapest AAA pkg, I don't think. AND this time, I plan on upgrading my hopper to an Deluxe AP - whoo hoo! I'll have a reason to go back a couple more times in the next year.

Pat-n-Eil
08-07-2005, 05:23 PM
I'll try to be clear, but succinct (hard for me!).

• Your rate will be about 10% cheaper for your lodging and you'll normally get a couple of discount certificates for places like ESPN zone.
----------------------
If you book into a good neighbor or Disney property, you will also get
• Luggage Tags & Pins.
• Some Premium Seating
• Early Entry to Toon Town
• Early entry to Fantasyland
• Early Entry into Disneyland for one day (included with your parkhopper)
----------------------
And only if you book into a Disney property, you will get:
• Enhanced FastPass (lots and lots and lots of threads on this already)
• Free Parking
• Early Entry into Disneyland for all days of the week in which it is offered

Now - to be fair, I think if you went online and book your trip to Disneyland on the Disney site through Walt Disney Travel, you'd get all of these benefits as well (though I'm not sure about parking).

So the two exclusive things that AAA gives you is:
a) 10% cheaper (similar to AP rates) and
b)enhanced FastPass.
(maybe the parking)

I always try to book travel through AAA whenever I can because they are there to help me and they get good rates. It is reason b) above that I stay at the Disney property.

Disneynerd
08-07-2005, 05:31 PM
[QUOTE=Pat&Eilthey are there to help me and they get good rats. It is reason b) above that I stay at the Disney property.[/QUOTE]To be fair, I think you could also find great rats on your own.;)

Pat-n-Eil
08-07-2005, 05:34 PM
To be fair, I think you could also find great rats on your own.;)

There's a wise guy in every crowd! :D

Disneynerd
08-07-2005, 05:49 PM
There's a wise guy in every crowd! :DSorry, I couldn't resist. And that's wise gal to you mister!

Susan L
08-07-2005, 06:12 PM
So the two exclusive things that AAA gives you is:
a) 10% cheaper (similar to AP rates) and
b)enhanced FastPass.
(maybe the parking)

I always try to book travel through AAA whenever I can because they are there to help me and they get good rates. It is reason b) above that I stay at the Disney property.

Also with being a AAA member at certain restaruants inside and outside the resort you get 10% off of dining. They also go out of their way to help you with whatever need you have and if there is a problem with your package that they can help you with they go above and beyond the call of duty.

hlbtimes2
08-07-2005, 06:45 PM
However, if you live in WA, and try to use the AAA online service your rates will be the same as Disney travel online (and availability might not be as good).

BigAlH
08-08-2005, 10:52 AM
And only if you book into a Disney property, you will get:
• Free Parking
You actually get free parking with any AAA package. We get the AAA package when we bring our trailer down.

sierranevada
08-08-2005, 01:19 PM
What is interesting to me is that I am going in both Nov & Dec :p and priced with both WDT & AAA - each time, WDT came out slightly cheaper - $10 to $20 dollars!?!

Jennifer
08-08-2005, 04:44 PM
Ok, I work for AAA, I can tell you exactly what the AAA packages include (at least the ones with AAA's in California):

1. One early entry into Fantasyland (one hour before park opening) on either Monday, Tuesday, Thursday or Saturday

2. One early entry into Toontown for "Mickey's Toontown Morning Madness".
Toontown opens an hour after the rest of the park, so this will get you in at "park" opening. I usually suggest to my client that they use it on the same day as their Fantasyland Early Entry, that way they are already close to Toontowns' entrance

3. $10 ESPN Zone ArenaGame Card (one per person). It is imbeded in your Hopper ticket, so you need to present your ticket at the Sports Arena upstairs at ESPN Zone and they will give you your game card.

4. Preferred Seating for 3 shows in DCA: It's Tough to be a bug!, Muppet*Vision 3D and Disney's Aladdin - A Musical Spectacular.

5. A AAA Vacations collectible Pin and Lanyard (with a handy pocket for your Hopper ticket). This is picked up from the AAA tour desk on Main Street (right next to City Hall)

6. A California Diamond Fun Book - which is a discount coupon book for food and merchandise in the parks and in Downtown Disney.

7. Free parking at the resort (not that you'd need it, but it's nice to have)

8. And lastly, if you are staying on Disney Property you get the "unlimited" fastpass feature. Which means you can have multiple fastpasses open at one time instead of having to wait until the one you have is active (like the normal fastpass works)

I think that's everything!