PDA

View Full Version : Bats day Aug 28th

Pages : [1] 2

ToursbabeC3po
08-07-2005, 03:24 PM
Does anyone have any information on Bats Day? I know it is Aug 28th but are there any activities going on? Now before you all jump on this and say you are staying away from the park that day.....LOL. My daughter is wanting to go so I was wondering if there was anything geared towards kids? Can she wear a costume? thanks for any information:-)

toursbabe

SCUBAbe
08-07-2005, 03:27 PM
Does anyone have any information on Bats Day? I know it is Aug 28th but are there any activities going on? Now before you all jump on this and say you are staying away from the park that day.....LOL. My daughter is wanting to go so I was wondering if there was anything geared towards kids? Can she wear a costume? thanks for any information:-)

toursbabe

have you tried their website? I think it's batsday.com
last year they met at noon for a picture in front of the castle and then later or a picture by the mansion. the day before is a convention or something...

ToursbabeC3po
08-07-2005, 03:35 PM
Thanks I just checked the website and it said check back later for events. I guess they don't know what they are doing yet but thanks for the website information.
Toursbabe

Disneynerd
08-07-2005, 05:34 PM
What's Bat's Day?

ToursbabeC3po
08-07-2005, 05:46 PM
It is Goth day :-) Where all the Dark people come out to play ;) :p :~D :) :fez:

Disneyfun
08-07-2005, 09:04 PM
The batsday.com is working. try this. http://www.batsday.net/home/home.htm

Sound interesting. . . :eek:

TowerofTerror
08-07-2005, 09:06 PM
Yes it very cool the park is very crowded form all people that are gothic.The ride that day to avoid are HM and Tower of Terror

Disneyfun
08-07-2005, 09:44 PM
Yes it very cool the park is very crowded form all people that are gothic.The ride that day to avoid are HM and Tower of Terror
My daughter's birthday is right aroubd these dates. and I think we were there last year when they were all there. I was wondering what was going on!
I ownder if disney has anyone who checks boards like this looking for things like this so they can plan to have more staff on for foods and rides and such?
If they don't they should! I will accept that job!!!! :p

SCUBAbe
08-07-2005, 09:47 PM
My daughter's birthday is right aroubd these dates. and I think we were there last year when they were all there. I was wondering what was going on!
I ownder if disney has anyone who checks boards like this looking for things like this so they can plan to have more staff on for foods and rides and such?
If they don't they should! I will accept that job!!!! :p

they knew last year beforehand....and I have seen job ads form disney for people to watch message boards...LOL

here's some pictures (http://pixiepics.net/disney/archives/2004_08.html) form last year...:)

Disneyfun
08-07-2005, 09:59 PM
they knew last year beforehand....and I have seen job ads form disney for people to watch message boards...LOL

here's some pictures (http://pixiepics.net/disney/archives/2004_08.html) form last year...:)
I love the picture in front of the castle all covered up. LOL
As for the job I would love that job. Might as well get paid for What I already do!

pretty Omi
08-08-2005, 08:58 PM
this year will be my very first Bat's Day in the Fun Park, but i think it'll be loads of fun.... as to being geared towards kids... my 11 year old sister won't be going, because i think it's really gonna be a bunch of teens and early 20 year olds all gothed out, black clothes, make-up, if you can think it up, they'll do it, the weirder the better! but remember it should be all black!

now as for events.... from what i've heard based on previous years, they usually have all the goths go to one performance of Snow White, where they boo everyone but the Evil Queen, i hear the park will put out quite a few villains that day, and they arrange a special line for Haunted Mansion rides (i guess they do two lines, one regular people, one goth kids, and they switch, it's just so one group will be all goth, then not i guess) and i guess they arrange for a big group photo will all the goths in front of the castle at a certain time

so if your daughter wants to go and people watch, and see all the weirdos, i say go for it lol... but if you get tired of us all, there is another, very non-goth event going on that day, featuring Tinker Bell and the new world of fairy friends Disney has created for her! http://www.register123.com/event/profile/web/index.cfm?PKwebID=0x255752e48

BellhopMicah
08-08-2005, 09:01 PM
I'd love to make it, but alas, I'm all the way out in Tennessee. :(

-Micah, who is a closet Goth, oh yeah! ^_~

cemeinke
08-08-2005, 09:13 PM
And if you plan on making a weekend of it, there's the Nightmare Before Bats Day on Saturday, as well as the Bat's Day Black Market - which is a good place to pick up some goth themed merchandise. All the details here (http://www.batsday.net/home/home.htm)

ToursbabeC3po
08-09-2005, 12:16 PM
I was just catching up on some of these post. My daughter wants to go dressed up as a dead tinkerbell do you think disney would have a issue with that? That is what she was for halloween. I don't think goths are wierdos at all they are just normal people like you and me that have a differant way to express themselves. Sounds like it is going to be a fun day I have about 6 people going with us so far so it should be a blast :fez:
I myself am into the color pink so I am not going to fit in but as long as everyone is having fun that is all that matters!
Tousbabe

disneyperson
08-09-2005, 12:42 PM
The folks who go to batsday are of all ages. Certainly not just teens and early twenties. Last year a group went to Snow White and they did cheer for the queen but they didn't boo everyone else. In fact on the batsday group site you'll find many posts reminding everyone to be family friendly.

BellhopMicah
08-09-2005, 01:46 PM
The folks who go to batsday are of all ages. Certainly not just teens and early twenties. Last year a group went to Snow White and they did cheer for the queen but they didn't boo everyone else. In fact on the batsday group site you'll find many posts reminding everyone to be family friendly.

There is absolutely nothing cuter than a little gothy baby. :D So kawaii!

JosieGirl71
08-09-2005, 01:51 PM
Why is Bats Day in August?! There is just something so cruel about wearing all black in the hottest month!

For all of you going, take lots of photos and be sure to share them with the rest of us! :D

The old man
08-09-2005, 02:03 PM
When's gangbanger day? Oh yeah, it alternates every weekend with obnoxious teenager day.
David

cemeinke
08-09-2005, 06:14 PM
Why is Bats Day in August?! There is just something so cruel about wearing all black in the hottest month!

Bats Day has traditionally been on the first day of Summer that So Cal APs can get into the park. This means Goth APs can go, plus the park is still usually operating on full Summer Hours, so out of town goths and their families get in a full day of Disney.

uvsc_wolverine
08-09-2005, 08:44 PM
Ya know...if I wore all black I don't think I'd go to DL in August. But that's just me! :D

Space Mountain Mike
08-10-2005, 12:59 AM
Here's a picture I found on their website

http://www.visionsfantastic.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=98

cemeinke
08-10-2005, 06:54 PM
Here (http://albums.photo.epson.com/j/AlbumIndex?u=4218323&a=31393971&f=)are my photos from last year

Space Mountain Mike
08-10-2005, 10:11 PM
I think having it in August at all is a bad idea. I went to Star Wars Day at Disneyland and I really thought they should have had it in the winter or fall. Oh well!

RobGraves
08-10-2005, 10:24 PM
I think having it in August at all is a bad idea. I went to Star Wars Day at Disneyland and I really thought they should have had it in the winter or fall. Oh well!

well, ill be there... i mean now at 24 i dont look the part as much anymore... but the wife and i were gonna be there anyway.

Space Mountain Mike
08-10-2005, 10:28 PM
Did you go to this year's? I was there! I mean Star Wars Day At DIsneyland.