PDA

View Full Version : Remember Captain EO?

Pages : [1] 2

dunndeal
08-07-2005, 03:06 PM
I really do not care what he has done in his personal life but I am a huge fan of Michael Jackson's work (music). I remember one of the first times I went to Disneyland I watched a 3D movie with Jackson in it called Captain EO. I really liked the movie and totally forgot about it til the other day, does anyone know how one could possibly get a hold of a personal copy?????

ToursbabeC3po
08-07-2005, 03:20 PM
I really do not care what he has done in his personal life but I am a huge fan of Michael Jackson's work (music). I remember one of the first times I went to Disneyland I watched a 3D movie with Jackson in it called Captain EO. I really liked the movie and totally forgot about it til the other day, does anyone know how one could possibly get a hold of a personal copy?????

Captain EO was my first attraction when I worked for Disney so it will always have a special place in my heart. I bought a copy on E bay.
Toursbabe

Opus1guy
08-07-2005, 06:10 PM
"We're going in."

- Michael Jackson as Captin Eo

newhdplayer
08-07-2005, 06:30 PM
"We're going in."

- Michael Jackson as Captin Eo

Nowadays that has a totally different meaning.

Osky
08-07-2005, 06:47 PM
I was thinking the same thing, but refrained from saying it. :p

nickbrown2k2
08-07-2005, 06:49 PM
Captain EO was great...I think I was 4 or 5 when I first saw it. Funny thing is, I can vaguely remember it!

Disneynerd
08-07-2005, 06:53 PM
He makes me ill. So, I don't miss it at all.

If you listen to Visionsfantasic on live365.com, you will eventually hear the song.

MonorailChris
08-08-2005, 07:22 AM
i have it on video.they played it on mtv(back when mtv only showed music) once.it was a very big deal.a part of some jackson weekend.it is a great copy,but it is not in 3-d.

The Genii
08-08-2005, 08:41 AM
It's almost impossible for many people to disassociate Michael Jackson's work from the fact that he's a pedophile who should be in jail.
I thought Captain EO was a poorly made film when it played at Disney parks--the 3D was always slightly out of sync. Seemed like a big fuss over nothing.

Osky
08-08-2005, 09:09 AM
It's almost impossible for many people to disassociate Michael Jackson's work from the fact that he's a pedophile who should be in jail.
I thought Captain EO was a poorly made film when it played at Disney parks--the 3D was always slightly out of sync. Seemed like a big fuss over nothing.

There are huge throngs of people who will support MJ no matter what he does. Look at all of the support he got at the court house!

I for one would never leave my children with MJ. I also think these parents are partially to blame. Even more so the parents who let their kids stay with him after the first court ordeal years back. That being said, I belive there is a possibility that he is just a weirdo and he actually never did anything illegal, just weird. He is such an easy target for these kinds of cases. Plus, we didn't get the whole story like the jurors did, and the jurors chose not guilty. I am pretty sure the "beyond a reasonable doubt" clause came into play.

Now, back to EO. While I thought it was ok, I thought the whole premise was a little weird. What was the deal? Wasn't he the captain of an intergalactic rag tag band? Didn't he go to give the evil queen (or whatever she was) the gift of music so she would stop destroying everything? Ahhh. Maybe we should go play some music in the middle east!

fjhuerta
08-08-2005, 10:24 AM
One of the best things Disney ever did was getting rid of Michael Jackson when the first accusations surfaced. Apparently, somebody realized there was something really wrong with Michael - and, although I did enjoy Captain EO a lot, I can't bear to watch MJ anymore. He's a scary abomination, and even the jurors thought he was a pedophile.

That's not exactly what I want to see when I go to Disneyland...

Shortiemetoo
08-08-2005, 12:05 PM
All of MJ's personal issues aside....I say the film was really good, innovative and different, even if the 3D effect was a little off...
It used to scare the bejezus out of my kiddlins...they kept their faces hidden so they couldn't see it...lol.
I liked it more than HISTA....ok you can all start throwing tomatoes at me now! :D :p ;)

jetkitten
08-08-2005, 12:10 PM
OK I love black micheal and will always love him. This alien who is now called white micheal is evil. I say he's not micheal He's an alien! Oh do you remember him when he was the cutest little boy?

fjhuerta
08-08-2005, 03:26 PM
OK I love black micheal and will always love him. This alien who is now called white micheal is evil. I say he's not micheal He's an alien! Oh do you remember him when he was the cutest little boy?
I'm pretty sure he was body snatched and replaced by an evil creature from hell.

And I agree with you. I think Captain EO RULED.

Sandiegoboy
08-08-2005, 05:53 PM
When the evil queen would reach out in the show I would take off my 3d glasses and close my eyes.

I would get so scared.

The old man
08-08-2005, 09:07 PM
I really do not care what he has done in his personal life but I am a huge fan of Michael Jackson's work...
That's right. I loved John Wayne Gacy. He shouldn't be judged on his personal life. Just because he liked to rape and kill teenaged boys, he was also a terrific clown who worked at many parties and events and entertained hundreds of people. Just judge his work--not his obsessions. After all, Michael Jackson doesn't even kill the teenage boys he molests. :rolleyes:

BTW, I always liked Captain EO.

Doug
08-09-2005, 02:04 AM
Yeah, I like EO better than Honey as well... wow some of you guys are young, only a few years old when EO came out? EO opened in late 86....

Oh yeah, I seem to remember something about EO being special because it was all digital... even the speakers (ahem, not sure what they mean by that, no such thing as a digital speaker) .... But I remember it sounding really good... anyone have info?

All of MJ's personal issues aside....I say the film was really good, innovative and different, even if the 3D effect was a little off...
It used to scare the bejezus out of my kiddlins...they kept their faces hidden so they couldn't see it...lol.
I liked it more than HISTA....ok you can all start throwing tomatoes at me now! :D :p ;)

SCUBAbe
08-09-2005, 04:39 AM
nope. I never saw it, because I have always hated michael jackson....

Klutch
08-09-2005, 04:59 AM
I thought Michael Jackson's "Off the Wall" album was great. Back then, he was also great.

As for Captain EO, I think I first saw it during a crash visit to Walt Disney World. The sound was very good. The 3D was very good. I thought the story and music were pretty weak. Also, it was almost laughable when Jackson was trying to be tough.

It's a bygone attraction from a bygone era.

Opus1guy
08-09-2005, 05:35 AM
Oh yeah, I seem to remember something about EO being special because it was all digital... even the speakers (ahem, not sure what they mean by that, no such thing as a digital speaker) .... But I remember it sounding really good... anyone have info?

Audio may have been digital, but the projection was not.

It was shot and projected with typical transparent film stock. The big difference however, is that it was shot and projected at a faster frames-per-second rate (36fps vs. the normal 24fps, if I recall correctly), which was necessary to maintain a sharp flutter-free image with the polarized 3D process.

Same with Honey.

dlandnut
08-09-2005, 07:28 AM
I miss Captain EO, and I think it was so much better than HISTA. :)

littlemissgorgeous
08-09-2005, 08:15 AM
I remember EO..they even had it @ DLP in the beginning.
I never was a big MJ- Fan and never really liked Eo..it was okay, but not great.. :|

The Lovely Mrs. tod
08-09-2005, 08:43 AM
I saw it once or twice-usually when it was really hot in the park. I thought it was okay but I don't miss it at all. And I thought (and still do) Michael J. was at his peak then, did some really terrific stuff.

We WERE at the all night opening of Captain EO though-that was fun!

-TLMt

ToursbabeC3po
08-09-2005, 12:20 PM
I think it is so funny the two things that are most remembered about Captain EO are "We're going in" and "Hooter" Hmmmmm.
But "We are here to change the world." so it does not matter!
Toursbabe

fjhuerta
08-09-2005, 02:31 PM
So... there's no way to watch Captain EO again? That's sad... it was a fun way to spend your time... MUCH better than HISTA!