PDA

View Full Version : Columbus Day?

downingfamily1
08-06-2005, 10:07 AM
I have heard that October is a great time to visit, so I booked a vacation for Oct.8-13. I just realized that that Monday is Columbus Day. Does it mean that the park is going to be packed? I was there for Veteran's Day one year and the whole weekend was very busy. Do people get a day off from work/school for this holiday?
-Julie

hlbtimes2
08-06-2005, 10:30 AM
Its not a holiday that most schools have off. But it is a federal holiday so gov't workers and bankers are off. It is probably the busiest weekend in Oct, but should still be less busy then the peak summer months. You will also benefit from a more active entertainment schedule (more fireworks, f!, parades, etc during that weekend).

08-06-2005, 11:59 AM
Click me. (http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showthread.php?t=44225&highlight=Columbus)

coronado_g
08-06-2005, 01:01 PM
Click me. (http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showthread.php?t=44225&highlight=Columbus)
A lot of useful info in the link!

Vlyger
08-06-2005, 06:58 PM
Columbus Day in the U.S. = Thanksgiving Day in Canada. So, maybe there will be many Canadian visitors that weekend, Hey?

Disney4Me
08-06-2005, 11:51 PM
Julie, some schools there are rotational so are not off. I saw in another thread that Fantasmic is still operational which is a total bonus! I don't think a lot of Canadians will be there due to it being Thanksgiving (which I did not even notice). I am taking the trip due to low seniority and that being my holiday pick. Most people that I know up here would rather go around Christmas/Spring Break or in Sept. With that in mind I do expect it to be busy but not crazy. Something interesting though is that when I spoke with a few hotels, they did mention a lot of people coming from New Zealand/Australia. They may have had some kind of seat sale or maybe it is a holiday for them. See you there. Enjoy planning your trip.

TowerofTerror
08-07-2005, 12:41 AM
enjoy the trip it will be a great time to come to the parks