PDA

View Full Version : Prince Names?

Pages : [1] 2

DangerMouse
08-06-2005, 07:40 AM
Can someone help me figure out the proper names for all the DL Princes?

Aurora/Sleeping Beauty - Prince Phillip
Snow White - Prince Charming
Cinderella - ??????
Ariel - Prince Eric
Belle - ok, so does "the Beast" have a real name?

Any others that I'm forgetting?

blueckles
08-06-2005, 07:51 AM
I thought that in Cinderella he was known as "Prince Charming". I didn't know that Snow White's was known by anything other than "Prince."

Klutch
08-06-2005, 07:56 AM
Actually, I think Prince Charming was the name of Cinderella's beau and Snow White's man had no name.

As I recall, the opening scenes of Beauty and the Beast tells the story of the prince who was cursed to live as a beast. The narrator may mention his name, but I'm not sure.

And people think these stories trivialize women? :confused:

experiment626
08-06-2005, 08:07 AM
I have never heard a "real" name for the beast...just the beast (or master).
Cinderella has Prince Charming.
No name that I am aware of for Snow White's Prince.

08-06-2005, 08:12 AM
I think of the princes as male ballet dancers. They're there only to lift up the princesses and carry them to the center of the stage. Definitely second fiddle.

If you're a male ballet dancer, feel free to educate me.

soccerlady16
08-06-2005, 08:20 AM
Its actually the other way around
Snow White- Prince CHARMING
Cinderella -its just "The Prince"

Klutch
08-06-2005, 08:30 AM
Its actually the other way around
Snow White- Prince CHARMING
Cinderella -its just "The Prince"

IMDB disagrees, but it's not exactly the ultimate Disney source.

sriggins
08-06-2005, 08:32 AM
Prince Geeky was there last night - He (I) took a brit friend, he'd not been to any Disney park. Was fun! :)

ChipmunkStar
08-06-2005, 08:36 AM
Trust me, Snow White's Prince is NOT Prince Charming.

Cinderella- Prince Charming
Sleeping Beauty/Aurora- Prince Phillip
Belle- Beast (no official human prince name for him)
Snow White- "Prince"
Ariel- Prince Eric
Jasmine- Aladdin
Princess Atta- Flik ;)

experiment626
08-06-2005, 08:38 AM
Cinderella is deffiently Prince Charming (I just read the back of my old VHS copy of the movie) Link to Movie description (http://disneyvideos.disney.go.com/moviefinder/products/4023503.html)

Snow white seems to be just "The Prince" that is how is listed in the credits (http://disneyvideos.disney.go.com/moviefinder/products/2225303.html)

Sleeping Beauty is Prince Phillip Link to Movie (http://disneyvideos.disney.go.com/moviefinder/products/2740003.html)

DangerMouse
08-06-2005, 11:33 AM
Thanks for clearing that up for me. :fez: Poor, neglected, unnamed princes! :p

coronado_g
08-06-2005, 11:55 AM
Cinderella is deffiently Prince Charming (I just read the back of my old VHS copy of the movie) Link to Movie description (http://disneyvideos.disney.go.com/moviefinder/products/4023503.html)

Snow white seems to be just "The Prince" that is how is listed in the credits (http://disneyvideos.disney.go.com/moviefinder/products/2225303.html)

Sleeping Beauty is Prince Phillip Link to Movie (http://disneyvideos.disney.go.com/moviefinder/products/2740003.html)
experiment626 ~ Way To Go! You went right to "The Source" and then lined up those babies here to settle the great Charming dispute. Good thinking!

DangerMouse ~ This is an excellent Triva thread! It's amazing that we seem to have shortchanged the Princes for attention and are just NOW getting around to wondering about those dudes' names!

Earkid
08-06-2005, 12:45 PM
My nephew's name is Tristan and when he met Cinderella she told him that Prince Charming's name was Tristan also.

I'm not saying it is historically correct, just passing on what the lady in blue said. :D

coronado_g
08-06-2005, 12:50 PM
Prince Geeky was there last night - He (I) took a brit friend, he'd not been to any Disney park. Was fun! :)
Prince Geeky? What movie was he in?

Camthalio
08-06-2005, 01:56 PM
The beast is just known as the beast. He has no other name! I think he had one when he was human once, but it was never mentioned! I made a picture of a beast a long time ago. This beasts name was "Gene"! Click here to see the picture! (http://www.mousekingdom.com/ClickMagique/PicParade/albums/userpics/10690/IMG0001.jpg)

Cnjp
08-06-2005, 02:12 PM
Trust me, Snow White's Prince is NOT Prince Charming.

Cinderella- Prince Charming
Sleeping Beauty/Aurora- Prince Phillip
Belle- Beast (no official human prince name for him)
Snow White- "Prince"
Ariel- Prince Eric
Jasmine- Aladdin
Princess Atta- Flik ;)

Yep! As a side note, I found this "Beauty and the Beast" fact at IMDB.

The Beast/Prince's real name is never mentioned. According to the Official Encyclopedia of Disney by Dave Smith, the Beast's name is "Adam".

DosiDo
08-06-2005, 02:26 PM
Hey, at least the princes are different men.

One of my favorite graphic novel series is called Fables and it is about all the Fairy Tales characters living together in New York City.

There is a Prince Charming who was a serial monogamist and married all the princesses: Snow White, Sleeping Beauty and Cinderella.

The "girls" meet every year to talk about what a rat Prince Charming was to sweep them off their feet and marry them to live "happily every after" -- only to have them join his "ex" club.

At least each of the Princes in Disney have their own design and distinct . . .

(trying to find something to distinguish them) . . . uh, hair color. :D

And I do like Phillip's hat.

potzbie
08-06-2005, 09:20 PM

"Bambi Meets Godzilla"?
;)

coronado_g
08-06-2005, 09:42 PM
"Bambi Meets Godzilla"?
;)
Bambi was a Prince. He was The Young Prince of the Forest.

sriggins
08-07-2005, 12:05 AM

Prince Geeky was in the live action movie "Lady and the Geek" about two fans who went to Disneyland on the 50th birthday and stood in line for hours.

During the movie such songs are sung as "Some day my geek will come..." and "Geekity doo dah, Geekity eh, my oh my he is geekin' out today"

The story ends with Prince Geek holding the Lady's hand during the fireworks show as he says, "This day would have not have been perfect without you."

As with all Disney films, the story was mostly fiction although based on some truth.

FantasmicFanatic
08-07-2005, 12:21 AM
According to Disney Entertainment dept. his name is Snow Prince

FF

animagusurreal
08-07-2005, 12:45 AM
I always found it rather funny when during the dramatic climax Belle calls out to the beast - "Beast!" - as though it's his name.

In the (non-Disney) Broadway musical "Into the Woods", Cinderella's Prince is named "Cinderella's Prince" and Rapunzel's Prince is named "Rapunzel's Prince" (though in the show they are both just called The Prince, or Your Highness.)

I'm also reminded of the song in "Rodgers and Hammerstien's Cinderella" where the prince has like 20 names and they sing them all - none of which I remember except "Rupert"

DosiDo, "Fables" sounds great. I've gotta check that out.

Earkid
08-07-2005, 08:49 AM
I'm also reminded of the song in "Rodgers and Hammerstien's Cinderella" where the prince has like 20 names and they sing them all - none of which I remember except "Rupert"His royal highness, Christopher Rupert, son of her majesty, Queen
Constentina, Charlie DaGermatrude, Gueenavier Mazy, Margarita..... is giving a ball!

Is this the song you were recalling? It is the queen that has all the names. Still a funny song!!

bandboy1985
08-07-2005, 10:11 AM
I think of the princes as male ballet dancers. They're there only to lift up the princesses and carry them to the center of the stage. Definitely second fiddle.

If you're a male ballet dancer, feel free to educate me.

i once had a girl tell me "you're completely expendable- you're my barre and i'm the star!"

onstage. during our pas de deux in giselle.

cinderella's prince is prince charming
aurora's prince is philip
snow white's prince is known as "the prince"
ariel's prince is eric
jasmine's prince is aladdin (technically)
belle's prince is not identified- perhaps why he is always present in the park only in beast form?

disney jones
08-07-2005, 02:29 PM
whatever the Snow dude's name is, we got his picture Friday morning! :D

what a pleasant surprise. :cool: