PDA

View Full Version : Ok, Where is the Prime spot for sitting @ the Hub for Fireworks?

ima_mickeyfan
08-05-2005, 09:38 PM
any suggestions, I will be traveling with 4 little one's whom will be their firs visit. also where do we want to sit for the Fantasmic show?
TIA

phoenixfire2k5
08-05-2005, 09:40 PM
any suggestions, I will be traveling with 4 little one's whom will be their firs visit. also where do we want to sit for the Fantasmic show?
TIA

You're asking the right person for this one! :p

In the plaza hub, right alongside the parade route, facing down the parade route towards the Matterhorn. You will have unobstructed views of both the castle, and the matterhorn. There are images cast on both of them. Pick a bench in this area, and you will have a spot ideal for both the parade, and the fireworks.

phoenixfire2k5
08-05-2005, 09:41 PM
And for Fantasmic, I would usually recommend the bridge over the entrance to Pirates. But, being that you have four little ones, I'm going to suggest the riverfront. Their little eyes will need very front row seats and be able to see their favorite characters go by on the steamboat, so they can call out to them. Get as about as centered with the stage as you can get. You may get a little wet with the river water, but it will be worth it for the kids and to see their faces light up when they watch the show. But camp out early for these spots, preferably NOT on the same night you want to see the fireworks from the hub.

ima_mickeyfan
08-05-2005, 09:46 PM
thanks for the info, one more question...when should I stake my place for the shows? 30 mins. b4 each showing or longer?

phoenixfire2k5
08-05-2005, 09:53 PM
thanks for the info, one more question...when should I stake my place for the shows? 30 mins. b4 each showing or longer?

This is a tough one. For Fantasmic, the first showing is at 9:00 pm. People will start camping out for this area around 5, maybe 6, if not earlier. Just bring a blanket and a few things to hold it down to save your spot, along with a person to watch it for ya.

For the fireworks and parade of dreams, I would recommend seeing the 2nd parade so you don't have long to wait afterwards till the fireworks. Because the 2nd parade is at 7. But this means getting one of these benches around the time that the first parade ends. And that one is at 3:15 and starts at Small World (where the 2nd one starts at main street). It takes I say about 15 to 20 mins to get from Small World down to the plaza. Maybe a little bit longer. But be in this area when it ends to grab a bench. Go to where the Disney statue is. Face towards the castle, and walk towards it till you get to the curb where the horse drawn carriage loads at. Turn 90 degrees to your right, to where you are facing towards the parade route and tomorrowland, and the castle is immediately to your left. Looking towards the benches, take the 4th or 5th one down. THIS is the prime spot for both the parade AND the fireworks. There will be no danger of people standing immediately in front of you for either show. There might be some standing during the fireworks in the street, but not much to obstruct your view. If this happens, just stand up yourself and kids on the shoulders or hips should not be too much a problem.

Gone2Disneyland
08-06-2005, 07:13 AM
That all sounds like great advise, phoenixfire2K5. I've never sat at the bench in the Hub, and it sounds like I won't have a chance now with such step-by-step instructions listed on the internet. :)

I've experienced "Remember..." four times from the front half of the Hub, and I agree that you ought to favor the Matterhorn side. I once sat (then stood when the show started) favoring the Frontierland side, and while I saw the Matterhorn clearly, the trees between the Plaza Gardens and the castle obstructed by view of the fireworks. As for wait time, it depends. On a Sunday, I was able to get a great spot at 7pm at the top of the Hub sidewalk in front of Walt and Mickey's statue (and sat all thru the show, no one standing in front of us). Other times, I've panicked when I saw folks already squatting at 6pm and joined them. I've only seen it on weekends, so maybe you can assume weeknights may offer a little leeway for wait times.

As for "Fantasmic!", what phoenixfire2K5 said. Get a spot on the cement front and center of Tom Sawyer Island's stage. Anywhere between the edge and the ten or fifteen feet back that they'll rope off is great, tho' you may have kids that'll enjoy getting wet from the mists or seeing the characters up close as the ships sail by. Bring jackets, towels or a blanket to help hold the size spot you need and just relax. I had a friend grab dinner for us from the Stage Door Cafe one night while I sat at around 7pm one Friday night. There was a long line at the SDC that night, by the way, took a while for her to finally get back. Then, it's amazing how things fill up tightly closer to show time.

Enjoy.

phillyorig
08-06-2005, 08:26 AM
You're asking the right person for this one! :p

In the plaza hub, right alongside the parade route, facing down the parade route towards the Matterhorn. You will have unobstructed views of both the castle, and the matterhorn. There are images cast on both of them. Pick a bench in this area, and you will have a spot ideal for both the parade, and the fireworks.

That is about where we saw the parade and fireworks in June.
We got there about and hour b4 the night parade and sat on the curb
( thats a tradition for us). When the parade was over we just stayed there..
My hubby and kids went on rides and shopping as I sat there SAVING our spots.

When the fireworks were getting closer, ALOT sat in the street in front of us. Thats ok with me but a HUGE section stood up to watch the fireworks... I was so P.Oed.
Many little kids couldn't see around the ADULTS standing. There was no reason to stand when you can see it from that point!!!

We also "saw' it from the back another night. See it from the front but if you like to hear the POOF of the fireworks going off, go back to Small World. It was so cool!!!

HydroGuy
08-06-2005, 09:42 AM
TIAWe just did it this week with kids age 9, 10, 12 and 13. The 12 and 13 year olds were tall enough to see the fireworks when everyone stood up, but the 9 and 10 year olds were not. Based on advice here on MP, we took a spot at about 8:25 on the curb between Coke Corner and the Adventureland entrance. The curb gave the 9 and 10 year olds enough of an elevation advantage that they were able to see the castle just fine, and the fireworks as well. As others have mentioned, the primo spot is near the castle, but you have to get there real early. If you go anywhere else in the hub, try very hard to get a spot like we did where there is a clear view of the castle.

After the fireworks ended at 9:45, we fought our way thru the crowds over to see the 10:30 Fantasmic! show. We got there at 9:55 and got excellent spots about 15 feet off the river a little to the left of center.