PDA

View Full Version : Fantasmic or Remember?

Pages : [1] 2

uvsc_wolverine
08-05-2005, 08:47 PM
Okay, I've got a trip planned for October and there will be two Fantasmic showings on the Friday night when we will be there. There's one at 9:00 and one at 10:30, with the fireworks showing at 9:25.

My question is - I've seen Fantasmic twice and I absolutely love it (I mean REALLY REALLY LOVE IT! It's like the highlight of my annual trip to DL and it wasn't running last year when I was there)! I've never seen "Remember...." For those of you who go to the park often would it be possible to see the 9:25 "Remember..." and then do the 10:30 Fantasmic? If this isn't possible would I regret it for the rest of my life if I skipped "Remember..." and saw Fantasmic?

Leli
08-05-2005, 08:49 PM
Yes you would regret it IMO, especially since you've already seen Fantasmic and know what the show is like. Go for the fireworks.

uvsc_wolverine
08-05-2005, 08:52 PM
Okay, so one for "regret it." Anyone know if it would be possible to see both shows with the times I listed above?

phoenixfire2k5
08-05-2005, 08:52 PM
GO FOR THE FIREWORKS!!! Everytime I see them, I say "Fantasmic, EAT YOUR HEART OUT!!! It is THAT GOOD!

Yes, you can. Watch the first one, and then stay in the area to see the fireworks which are visible from this area.

One problem though. Most of the action takes place around the hub and the castle. And if you were by the rivers of america, you'd be missing out on most of it over there.

allye
08-05-2005, 08:54 PM
Decision Decision Oh No We are in Trouble !!!

Leli
08-05-2005, 08:54 PM
You might be able to; I've done it once before and still managed to find seats for two for Fantasmic. Difference is, Remember is longer than the other fireworks shows they had. You have to keep in mind that it all depends on how crowded it is.

phoenixfire2k5
08-05-2005, 08:55 PM
It would be a bit difficult to be in the hub area for the fireworks, and THEN try to go to get a spot for the 2nd Fantasmic because of the crowds. But good luck.

uvsc_wolverine
08-05-2005, 08:59 PM
Well, I don't have little kids with me. It's me and three friends that will be staying at the Park Vue Inn. So, it's not a big deal if we get separated. Sounds like my best bet would be to see the fireworks from the hub and then split up and make our way over to RoA.

hlbtimes2
08-05-2005, 09:01 PM
I would watch the fire works, then try to hustle over for the 2nd F! show. Hopefully the crowds wont be too bad, and you'll make. Even if you miss the first couple minutes of F! or dont have the perfect sesats, watching the fire works first will be worth it.

phoenixfire2k5
08-05-2005, 09:02 PM
I HIGHLY recommend seeing the fireworks from the hub. That is your best bet!

allye
08-05-2005, 09:19 PM
Fireworks for us. Then we have another Excuse to go to Disneyland. Nemo & Monsters are coming anyway That's good excuse. :)

MommyTo3Boys1Girl
08-05-2005, 10:02 PM
You CAN do both. We did it on May 5th!!! AND we were dead center in the street in front of the castle for the fireworks! As soon as they end, head straight to ROA. We ended up getting a terrific spot for !Fantasmic too. A center spot sitting down.

Wendi
08-05-2005, 10:12 PM
Do not miss the fireworks... you can definitely do both, as Lori said, we did it very easily on May 5th - which was a very crowded day. We had great spots for both shows, and we had plenty of time to get a spot for F!

uvsc_wolverine
08-06-2005, 12:11 AM
Wow, thanks for the advice you guys! Sounds like (based on what Lori and Wendi said) I'll be able to have my cake and eat it too! Excellent! Now my only problem is that I'll be driving all the way back to northern Utah the next day!

heidiwhr
08-06-2005, 06:39 AM
It would be a bit difficult to be in the hub area for the fireworks, and THEN try to go to get a spot for the 2nd Fantasmic because of the crowds. But good luck.
I had no problem seeing Remember... in the hub, then going through Frontierland to the ROA for the 10pm Fantasmic. There are fewer crowds for the later Fantasmic, so that is also a plus.

geoffa
08-06-2005, 06:54 AM
Best place to watch fantasmic is to get ABOVE the crowds by booking the dessert buffet held on the balcony above the Disney Gallery (near Pirates of the Caribbean). It'll cost just over $40 a person but is well worth it. Call 714-781-4400.(Before anyone thinks I'm promoting I am in no way connected to Disney - merely a massive fan) I much prefer the Anaheim show to the WDW one. It's shorter, neater and less contrived. :fez:

Gone2Disneyland
08-06-2005, 07:32 AM
Just one more vote to say "see the fireworks". And yes, from the hub. There are other threads here offering suggestions for when and where to get there. But I would suggest towards the front of the Hub, not too much further left of the center of the castle or the trees will begin blocking your view of the fireworks. Then, when the show's over and the crowds (oh, there'll be crowds!) start moving, you may easily get directed towards the Frontierland entrance.

I love both "Remember..." and "Fantasmic!" but have actually never attempted to see both, tho' I assumed it would be possible looking at the schedule. Glad to see it is doable with reasonable expectations for a decent viewing spot for F!

hlbtimes2
08-06-2005, 08:22 AM
Best place to watch fantasmic is to get ABOVE the crowds by booking the dessert buffet held on the balcony above the Disney Gallery (near Pirates of the Caribbean). It'll cost just over $40 a person but is well worth it. Call 714-781-4400.(Before anyone thinks I'm promoting I am in no way connected to Disney - merely a massive fan) I much prefer the Anaheim show to the WDW one. It's shorter, neater and less contrived. :fez:

Its a bit more then $40. Its either $53 or $56. I've seen both prices quoted, I'm not sure which is right (I'm sure some one will give us the current price). And, no need to worry about promoting it- thats what this board is for. :)

nsaul1211
08-06-2005, 08:39 AM
I can say that you can see both easily. Last night I watched the fireworks, albeit from New Orleans Square, but I then went on Haunted Mansion and Pooh, then stood there for a half an hour waiting for Fantasmic.

I will say though, after seeing the Fireworks it kind of took the luster out of Fantasmic. But I would definately watch the fireworks from the hub

soccerlady16
08-06-2005, 08:57 AM
Fireworks! You'll regret it if you don't. You HAVE to watch it from the Hub. Get a good view of the castle . I like to watch it to the left of the castle {Frontier side} you get a great view of the mattherhorn and the castle.

Gone2Disneyland
08-06-2005, 09:01 AM
I will say though, after seeing the Fireworks it kind of took the luster out of Fantasmic. But I would definately watch the fireworks from the hub

I may be rationalizing this, so I may be in the minority here, but I consider "Fantasmic!" and "Remember..." as essentially two different kinds of shows.

"Remember..." is an awesome fireworks show accompanied by a well-crafted soundtrack.

"Fantasmic!" is an awesome live entertainment show enhanced with fireworks. So in my book, they're apples and oranges and don't compete. :D

And seeing Mickey in person in the show just makes all the difference. How could he take the luster out of anything! :p

HydroGuy
08-06-2005, 09:33 AM
Okay, I've got a trip planned for October and there will be two Fantasmic showings on the Friday night when we will be there. There's one at 9:00 and one at 10:30, with the fireworks showing at 9:25.

My question is - I've seen Fantasmic twice and I absolutely love it (I mean REALLY REALLY LOVE IT! It's like the highlight of my annual trip to DL and it wasn't running last year when I was there)! I've never seen "Remember...." For those of you who go to the park often would it be possible to see the 9:25 "Remember..." and then do the 10:30 Fantasmic? If this isn't possible would I regret it for the rest of my life if I skipped "Remember..." and saw Fantasmic?This week we did the fireworks at 9:25 from the hub with our family of six and made it over to Fantasmic! for the 10:30 show at about 9:55. We got seats in the front a little left of center in the "must sit on the ground" area. It was tough going getting out of the hub because of the crowds. We made our way thru the Frontierland entrance and over to the Rivers area.

I would recommend you do both.

uvsc_wolverine
08-06-2005, 09:45 AM
Thanks HydroGuy! That's just the kind of response I was hoping for. To whoever mentioned the dessert buffet for Fantasmic - I'd love to do it, but I really can't afford it. I'm a poor college student, but I'm also quite good at making these trips dirt cheap! There are four guys going, we're sharing a room, and the total cost for three nights at the Park Vue Inn and our 3-day Park Hoppers is $754 or $190 per person - plus about $50 each for gas, so my 3-day DL trip is costing (before souvenirs and food) $240 each.

coronado_g
08-06-2005, 12:20 PM
I've never seen "Remember...."
GO SEE "REMEMBER..."!!!
Yes, you regret it if you miss seeing this knock-your-socks-off firework show!
You're going to really, really love it.

pisces
08-06-2005, 12:39 PM
Hows about doing BOTH Fantasmic shows AND the fireworks? Is it too optimistic to try and do everything?

If it were me........I'd go to the first showing of Fantasmic at 9:00 pm, and simply duck out early to go see the fireworks at 9:25 pm.

All right, yes, you might miss a few minutes (how long does Fantasmic run?) of Fantasmic.....but, like you said, you've seen it before. And, best of all, you can always return for the second showing and see the whole thing in it's entirety.

Do the fireworks always start on time?, right at 9:25 ???? I know Believe was delayed all the time.

In any case, if you left Fantasmic mid-show, or wherever they leave off at 9:20, or so........you might not have to deal with crowds to get over to the Castle and hub. All the Fantasmic crowds would be quietly seated and watching the show, and you might have a clear path over that to the fireworks.

I could probably get over that way in 5 minutes, the way I sprint, and you don't need a precise place, just somewhere near the Castle/hub.