PDA

View Full Version : Honey Popcorn

Osky
08-05-2005, 08:31 PM
Has anyone had the hunny popcorn down near the pooh ride? The last 10 times I was in the park, it was closed. I am beginning to wonder if it is ever opened.

Niwel
08-05-2005, 08:38 PM
Yes it is -- Lani and I can attest to it. The problem is, it takes something like 20 minutes to make a fresh batch -- so timing is everything. Keep trying -- it is very worth it, but in moderation. Eat it while it is hot -- otherwise if it cools it all sticks together.

MsYumiBr
08-05-2005, 08:39 PM
I actually still have a bucket of it in my refrigerator from our trip last week and a half ago. Yes, they are open!

lisap
08-05-2005, 08:39 PM
The last few time I've gotten it, I bought it at DCA over by Soarin'. That stand is usually open.

Disneyfun
08-06-2005, 06:52 PM
mmmm Honey popcorn! Yes it is open I have gotten it twice. The first time it was this big honey glob. THe second time it was perfect! OH man now I have to go to disney and to buy some more!!! I am going to crave this all day!

The Genii
08-06-2005, 07:53 PM
I thought the popcorn stand near Soarin' Over California sells caramel corn ... does it sell honey popcorn, too?

lisap
08-06-2005, 08:00 PM
I thought the popcorn stand near Soarin' Over California sells caramel corn ... does it sell honey popcorn, too?

You know what--I thought it was the same popcorn with just a different name to go with the Pooh theme! The sure seem the same to me. Does anyone know if they are actually two different products? :confused:

The Genii
08-06-2005, 08:05 PM
Not the same thing ... the popcorn near Pooh is coated with honey, not caramel.

Disneyfun
08-06-2005, 08:30 PM
Yes that is true the pooh popcorn in not carmel corn. but there is some palce in DCA that sells the HOney So I am told just not sure were I always get mine at Pooh bear! I wish they woudl refill the honey buckets. I have too many buckets!

BellhopMicah
08-06-2005, 08:32 PM
It sounds very appetizing... -drools-

Disneyfun
08-06-2005, 08:51 PM
It sounds very appetizing... -drools-
I am drooling right there with you! I sware if I knew it would be open I would be driving there now!!!! The fireworks just ended so it would be like salmon goign up stream but Hey If they had it I would do it!!!
Let see they usually open around 11 am. . . . ;)

passthepixiedust
08-07-2005, 12:46 AM
honey popcorn ????? I gotta try this! mmmmmm......now I have a rumbly in my tumbly....

(((((adding to my already astoundingly long list of things to try !))))))))

TowerofTerror
08-07-2005, 12:48 AM
It`s very good. I ate some from my friends little girl

Osky
08-07-2005, 12:52 AM
Yes that is true the pooh popcorn in not carmel corn. but there is some palce in DCA that sells the HOney So I am told just not sure were I always get mine at Pooh bear! I wish they woudl refill the honey buckets. I have too many buckets!

Thanks folks for all of the replies. It must have been all of the recent food services problems that kept it closed. I will definitely keep an eye on it next trip.

I chuckled when I saw this post. I have visions of "filling the honey bucket" if you know what I mean.

MsYumiBr
08-07-2005, 01:27 AM
lol. Filling the honey bucket. It sure does have a honey bucket shape. I like the lid. Anyway, as I recall there was no line when I bought it. We happened to be waiting for the canoes to open about 10:30. Canoes were late that day and never opened. I saw the cart and *had* to have some. When I got mine I looked behind me and there was a line of about 10 people! I was lucky.

TowerofTerror
08-07-2005, 01:30 AM
awesome wel I think canoes open at 11 now but dont pay attention.Wow thats a big line to get Honey popcorn