PDA

View Full Version : Anybody have a tradition that they do...

Pages : [1] 2

disneyrand
08-05-2005, 06:25 PM
everytime they go to the park? For our family, it's a hop on the train to circle the park. We keep riding until we get back to New Orleans square and hop on the Haunted Mansion. Been going since 1975 and NEVER deviated from this routine. (First day at the park only, though)

Anyone else have a "enter the park" routine?

DR

08-05-2005, 06:27 PM
Definitely the train all the way around first. Oh and you have to enter the park through the lefthand tunnel. Then after the train, you take in Mr. Lincoln.

After that, anything goes.

DisneyDustin22
08-05-2005, 06:28 PM
I almost always make the Haunted Mansion my last ride of the night. And I mean waiting until THE LAST group is let in the elevator. I like making the long walk back to main street when the park is almost empty. Its a surreal feeling.

DISNEYfied
08-05-2005, 06:47 PM
I always have to stop at Gibson Girl on the way out and get myself a cup of thier soft serve on the way out of the park. I think its the perfect way to end the day.

Osky
08-05-2005, 08:29 PM
CORN DOG!

Ella: Daddy, does Tinkerbelle eat corn dogs?
Me: Probably.
Ella: Daddy, does Tinkerbelle go poopy?
Me: If she eats these corn dogs, absolutely!

coronado_g
08-05-2005, 09:16 PM
My Tradition:
First thing, I always buy a corn dog (on the run) at the Main Street red cart so that I can eat (on the run).
Last thing, I always make Big Thunder Mountain Railroad my very last ride - then drag me feet as I slowly make my way out of the park upon closing time.

Susan L
08-05-2005, 09:16 PM
everytime they go to the park? For our family, it's a hop on the train to circle the park. We keep riding until we get back to New Orleans square and hop on the Haunted Mansion. Been going since 1975 and NEVER deviated from this routine. (First day at the park only, though)

DR

OMG, this is too funny, you are just like my family except we go to POTC first and then HM. But the rest of the routine is the same and it is only the first day. We have been doing it since the 60s :D

minniemom
08-05-2005, 09:21 PM
Always breakfast at Storyteller's (yummy french toast) and then we ride Soarin and Grizzly Rapids! Then we go to DL for Splash and have lunch at BB. Can you tell we love the food!!!

MommyTo3Boys1Girl
08-05-2005, 10:00 PM
CORN DOG!

Ella: Daddy, does Tinkerbelle eat corn dogs?
Me: Probably.
Ella: Daddy, does Tinkerbelle go poopy?
Me: If she eats these corn dogs, absolutely!

That is priceless!

Enter Main St., I switched and now we go to the right. Get a locker, head to Blue Ribbon for a drink and cookie. And the rest of the day we just go with the flow. ALWAYS make the last ride of the night way in the back of the park. I am with the others who talk about that long walk as the park is almost empty. Very cool!

BWthespian
08-06-2005, 12:00 AM
umm i always like going to the giant "band in a box" in the penny arcade before leaving and i always pick jack skellingtons "whats this" if by any chance u guys hear it when ur there.........it was me :fez: lol

BWthespian
08-06-2005, 12:02 AM
lol i thought i was the only one who did "the walk" at the end of the night what a bummer

sdfilmcritic
08-06-2005, 12:03 AM
One of the traditions I try to do (when I remember to do it) is to tap the top of the entrance archway as I enter the Matterhorn Mountain when my train has been dispatched to climb the initial hill.

mkraemer
08-06-2005, 10:38 AM

DR

I like to go under the berm on the side closest to City Hall. I always look at the plaque on the berm before going in, and then as soon as I get to the curb on Main Street, I take a deep breath, as I look around and listen for the music. I've left the outside world behind.

Before we leave, we almost always stop by the Partners statue and say good bye to Walt and Mickey, thanking them for yet another wonderful day.

And I always get my hand stamped on the way out. I know it's not necessary because I won't be back at the park that day, but to me, it represents "I'll be coming back again." :)

coronado_g
08-06-2005, 12:25 PM
And I always get my hand stamped on the way out. I know it's not necessary because I won't be back at the park that day, but to me, it represents "I'll be coming back again." :)
That's sweet! I like that thought.

GrumpyUTboi
08-06-2005, 05:10 PM
First thing we do is we get the professional pic in front of the castle. Next thing we do is go to the Dumbo ride and next to the exit there is a Dumbo cart that we take the picture of my 7 year old DD. She has big ears one day 3-4 years ago she said that "her and Dumbo were a lot alike, we both have big ears."

Then we run as fast as we can to POTC and ride that as our first ride.

Truth be told the first tradition that we have is we rent 2 strollers for the kids then 2nd we go and get 2 big lockers for the day.

nickbrown2k2
08-06-2005, 10:15 PM
I kind of jump up and down after my AP is scanned...then proceed through the right tunnel. After that, it's usually off to get a fastpass for a ride!

TowerofTerror
08-06-2005, 10:46 PM
Fantasyland first and ride Peter Pan first thing when the park opens.But now I go straight to Space Mountain first thing.I then finish my day in Fantasyland and end lastly on Space Mountain

BellhopMicah
08-06-2005, 10:51 PM
Once I go to DL, I'll make it a tradition to kiss the Tower before I ride it. :~D

No, not really. That'd be kinda..er.. >_>;

TowerofTerror
08-06-2005, 10:53 PM
what that my tradtion on Disneyland side.On DCA side it going to tower of terror

IcDkRy16
08-06-2005, 11:17 PM
Always go to Pizza Port at least once.

Go on all of the Fantasyland rides at least once.

Look out the hotel window every morning the second I wake up.

Go on POTC every night when it gets dark.

Do most of the shopping, picture taking, and parades the last day we are there.

mkraemer
08-07-2005, 08:58 AM

Look out the hotel window every morning the second I wake up.

Do most of the shopping, picture taking, and parades the last day we are there.

When we're staying on an upper floor of our favorite home away from home, I always look out the window first thing too (often last thing before I go to sleep!!).

I learned to NOT wait to take photos the last day--we do it as we go because otherwise we'd never get them all in or as the opportunity presents itself.

Likewise, I try to get the parades out of the way because it would be tough to wait until the last day and not have an optimum viewing. It also depends on the day--if we get there on a weekday, it's easier to get a spot than on the weekends, so that factors into it. (However, I am miffed that they changed the route of the electrical parade because that botched my spot.)

But I don't let my kids shop until the morning we're going to leave. That way, they get to look around and decide what it is that they *really* want (and I don't have to schlepp it around or put it in the locker). And they get to enjoy this new thing on the ride home.

cwhit45
08-11-2005, 09:06 AM
My wife and I go to Disneyland every year for our anniversary and have our anniversary dinner along the waterside at the Blue Bayou.

TowerofTerror
08-11-2005, 09:10 AM
that so very nice. must be very romantic to have that every year. well me tradtion firworks on the 4th of july and new years eve too at disneyland

HiHoSilver
08-11-2005, 09:19 AM
The 1st thing we do when we enter the park is always take a picture by the Walt & Mickey statue with the castle in the background.

TowerofTerror
08-11-2005, 09:23 AM
I head straight to Space Mountain now that it open before it was Fantasyland to Peter Pan. Over DCA side it Soarin over California ToT and Screamin The order dont matter.I do whatever I go there a lot I dont worry
about anyone since Im there usually always by myself. I do run into friends and hang with them most times im just riding rides al day long. I love to meet a girl that enjoys disney as much as I do