DisneylandKid
02-16-2002, 08:31 AM
What is up with this attraction?

MammaSilva
02-16-2002, 08:53 AM
Not sure what you are asking? :confused:

DisneylandKid
02-16-2002, 11:25 AM
I've been by this attraction (or place) many a time, and seen Aladdin and Jasmine outside of it... but what exactly is inside of it?

MammaSilva
02-16-2002, 11:52 AM
It's an interactive 'story' Readers Digest version of Aladdin and Jazmin, it's geared for the younger crowd and they select a few of the kids out of each audience to participate as part of the cast....it's really cute and a nice break from running around from ride to ride, but if you're not into 'shows' then it wouldn't interest you. We try to catch it at least once each trip because it makes a nice 'break' in our day, the CM's are wonderful about being available after the show for photo ops and autographs and it's just a cute show. My daughter and niece love Aladdin and my two teenage nephews "endure" the show because they think Jazmine is a Hottie LOL

MonorailMan
02-16-2002, 04:27 PM
I still call it "Storytime with Aladdin", I went there when I was small, mom said I liked it. :)

Nigel2
02-17-2002, 10:05 PM
On a related note
The "original" Aladdin's oasis was a little like dinner theater. Basically an Aladdin show with the characters and I believe they would intereact with the guests. Didn't last thought.

MammaSilva
02-17-2002, 10:16 PM
we ate there when it was the dinner theater, the show was cute the food was 'eh so so' not worth the price and it was harder to get in there than the Blue Bayou

Nigel2
02-17-2002, 10:25 PM
It smelled bad, so that also stopped any chance that we would go there. Oh I beleive that all the tables had "magic lamps" on therm that would smoke when rubbed. Anyone able to back that up?

MammaSilva
02-17-2002, 10:28 PM
they weren't working when we were there, but there were "lamps" on the tables

Lani
02-17-2002, 11:14 PM
Oh my goodness -- this is an attraction near and dear to the hearts of many a MousePlanet peoples! I'll have to get AdrienneK to post to this thread. :)

Nigel2
02-17-2002, 11:17 PM
Originally posted by mammasilva
they weren't working when we were there, but there were "lamps" on the tables

I think they did smoke (that's what something said, can't be too sure) but when they closed it down (before the storytelling of coruse) they put some of the tables out by the show building for indy.

Mad Madam Mim
02-18-2002, 02:37 AM
If Sparky and I miss this show we are very disapointed........ it is wonderfull and it's not just for kids, i'm partaial to one of the Aladins, most healthy grown men are partial to the little number Jasmin is wearing......... but there are two main Kazoo/Bob guys that traid off their rolles, seen two others, but, the usual kazoo/Bob guys are fabulous, i always leave with a smile on my face, the jokes are great, the kids are great, the story is great, one Aladin in particular is great (they all are but you know), the jasmin is great......... the whole thing, i'm sure i could go on but i imagin i have boared the trash out everyone. in fact you may have stopped reading three sentences ago........

OK, if you are reading this far down in my poast, you are truly out of things to do.................

totbellhop
02-18-2002, 05:01 PM
Speaking of Aladdin's Oasis, can anyone confirm if a replica of the entrance of the cave of wonders exists inside, and if you can see the back of the Jungle Cruise?
I have been wondering these for a long time, and everytime I go, the Oasis is closed.

Nigel2
02-20-2002, 08:50 PM
Yes there was/is a cave of wonders head replica in the show. Yesterland has a picture of it on their site.

Morrigoon
02-20-2002, 11:19 PM
I can't believe adriennek has managed to stay off this thread this long! ;) (AVP too)

Nigel2
02-20-2002, 11:22 PM
Well there is alwasy the "other way" to draw them...:D

Yep the promise of free stuff.:D

triciaandtag
02-21-2002, 10:07 AM
Aladdin is cute and all...but I miss the old days when this was the Tahittian Terrace...:crying:

justagrrl
02-21-2002, 10:28 AM
Originally posted by triciaandtag
Aladdin is cute and all...but I miss the old days when this was the Tahittian Terrace...:crying:

Tell us about your experiences then, if you don't mind. I never got to go...

Ghoulish Delight
02-21-2002, 10:39 AM
Originally posted by totbellhop
Speaking of Aladdin's Oasis, can anyone confirm if a replica of the entrance of the cave of wonders exists inside, and if you can see the back of the Jungle Cruise?

Not sure what you mean by the "back"of Jungle Cruise. I do know that you can't see any part of Jungle Cruise at all from inside. It is a building, indoors. You can see the back of the Oasis from Jungle Cruise. Maybe that's what you heard? If you're on Jungle Cruise, as you approach the last turn, just past the head salesman, there is a wall along the water with some Arabic writing on it. That's the back of the show building.

Flubber
02-21-2002, 01:45 PM
Originally posted by justagrrl

Tell us about your experiences then, if you don't mind. I never got to go...

I remember going to the Tahitian Terrace once and I had bananas foster for desert. It was served with this flaming butane soaked cotton ball on top. I proceeded to blow the cotton ball out, forgot to remove it from the little ice cream mound and then scooped it up in a big bite. The cotton ball exited my mouth at about 40 miles per hour and the little ice cream charcoal blob rolled across the table to the delight of my girlfriend. Blech. I had to wipe the inside of my mouth out with a napkin. Double blech. Butane does not taste good.

So much for Tahitian Terrace memories...

As for Aladdins Oasis, I've only seen the show once.

Jasmines hot.

Flub

triciaandtag
02-21-2002, 02:39 PM
Well I was still confined to a stroller, but I do remember the dancers and the fire eater guy. The dancers used to be behind a waterfall, and the water would part and they would make their entrance to the stage. As far as the food goes, my father tells me that everything was drenched in terriyaki sauce.:)

cemeinke
02-21-2002, 06:02 PM
Originally posted by Flubber

Jasmines hot.

To be sure, this is true--but I remember my first trip to the Tahitian Terrace. I think I was maybe around 13, and they had this great floor show with beautifu women in grass skirts. I remember gazing in amazement as the waitress and my parents repeatedly tried to get my attention to get my order.

It was the first time I had teriyaki steak, it was also very good, but I mostly remember the floor show :D

disneynut
02-21-2002, 08:36 PM
We only went a couple of times, but I remember them serving juice drinks with marashino cherries and umbrellas. (It made a big impression :cool: ). For the floor show, I remember the women dancers not just staying up on the stage but coming into the audience doing hula type dances. They chose guests from the audience to dance with them.